Widgets Magazine
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24697071727374
Results 1,826 to 1,841 of 1841

Thread: University Town Center

Default Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    OU football NIL is very competitive with all but about 5 schools ..

OU basketball NIL was in the bottom 1/4 of the big 12 .. and is still not very good at all ..
    that is not what’s been reported by OU Insider and soonerscoop this offseason at least in regard to the specific players we were targeting. They’ve said we outbid the competition and still lost on the guys.

OU lost a transfer today to st johns .. (a UNT kid who has a sister on the OU womens team ) because of NIL >.

they are getting ready to lose an edmond get from Vatech to Ole miss because of NIL ..
    Do you have a source on that? Maybe i misheard them on the two podcasts I listened to.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Do you have a source on that? Maybe i misheard them on the two podcasts I listened to.
    listen to todays soonerscoop pod when it comes out ..

the edmond kid is getting reported 850k at ole miss ...

the UNT kid is getting 500k plus at st johns ..

both of those numbers exceeded what OU did / could offer

To those claiming the recruits will come based on playing in a new arena, refer to post # 1828.
    Nah, not so much. It is really about the "ke$h".

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    To those claiming the recruits will come based on playing in a new arena, refer to post # 1828.
    Nah, not so much. It is really about the "ke$h".
    it’s not all about the cash. It’s always a combination. If all things were equal and we had trash facilities…we still lose.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    it’s not all about the cash. It’s always a combination. If all things were equal and we had trash facilities…we still lose.
    We still are going to lose with the lack of support from the AD, bottom of the conferance with NIL, and a coach that is struggling at the D1 level recruiting and coaching. The facilities are the least of the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    We still are going to lose with the lack of support from the AD, bottom of the conferance with NIL, and a coach that is struggling at the D1 level recruiting and coaching. The facilities are the least of the problems.
    They’re not though. But the facilities are just another big problem in a line of them.

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Or you could use 200 million to pay NIL deals. Seems like the new way to recruit.
    Good point about NIL money. Still reading up on how NIL works. Originally a fan of giving players some type of monthly stipends; but NIL will IMO unlevel the playing field for less wealthy universities. It will favor the more traditional football schools: Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, LSU, Tennessee, Arizona, Clemson, Miami, USC, UCLA, Penn State, Notre Dame and others.

listen to todays soonerscoop pod when it comes out ..

the edmond kid is getting reported 850k at ole miss ...

the UNT kid is getting 500k plus at st johns ..

both of those numbers exceeded what OU did / could offer
    Insanity. $850k is nearly the NBA minimum. I used to think the NFT craze showed how much dumb money was out there but NIL money may prove it more.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Insanity. $850k is nearly the NBA minimum. I used to think the NFT craze showed how much dumb money was out there but NIL money may prove it more.
    NIL is the exact same money that these donors give to the athletic dept every year ... it is just being redirected ..

NIL is the exact same money that these donors give to the athletic dept every year ... it is just being redirected ..
    The hell it is. I give plenty. If OU sends one dollar of it to NIL, that well will dry up.

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    The hell it is. I give plenty. If OU sends one dollar of it to NIL, that well will dry up.
    unless you are giving 500k - 1 million+ a year .. you are not who i am talking about and OU can't currently send money to NIL directly but that will soon change ..

and very soon the players will have a CBA and have revenue sharing for football and basketball ..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    They haven’t sent donations over to pay NIL. But donors that would have donated to the athletic dept now invest in the NIL programs instead. The donor redirects, not the uni.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    They haven’t sent donations over to pay NIL. But donors that would have donated to the athletic dept now invest in the NIL programs instead. The donor redirects, not the uni.
    and in the cases i am talking about the Athletic dept has been telling some of the donors to redirect ..

Blog Entries

and in the cases i am talking about the Athletic dept has been telling some of the donors to redirect ..
    So?

so... back to UNP development.

Thread Information