Widgets Magazine
Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 226768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1845

Thread: University Town Center

1. Default Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    a new arena and entertainment district in south moore would be terrible for Norman
    I sincerely doubt Moore would front the money for this either. Not to mention part of this deal is donated land by OU.

If the people of Norman don't want it they will let their council member know. Then it will happen or won't happen.

Default Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I sincerely doubt Moore would front the money for this either. Not to mention part of this deal is donated land by OU.

If the people of Norman don't want it they will let their council member know. Then it will happen or won't happen.
    moore would 100% support a TIF for this ... they are very very pro business ... norman is very anti business ..

3. Default Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    moore would 100% support a TIF for this ... they are very very pro business ... norman is very anti business ..
    Well if it doesn't happen in Norman, best of luck to Moore. I still don't see it happening. Again, sounds like a weird bluff to me.

I also don't see any TIF in Moore at all? This would be 200 million at the least (20% of a billion) but most likely more since they would also have to buy/develop the land that it is on.

Because we vote in Norman on whether water rates go up or franchise approval for the electric company I would not be surprised if it is referred to a ballot

5. Default Re: University Town Center

Postponed again to May Planning Commission. Still not definite plan on the development. We wait again! https://mccmeetingspublic.blob.core....9be5c4afaf.pdf

Well if it doesn't happen in Norman, best of luck to Moore. I still don't see it happening. Again, sounds like a weird bluff to me.

I also don't see any TIF in Moore at all? This would be 200 million at the least (20% of a billion) but most likely more since they would also have to buy/develop the land that it is on.
    Its definintely a weird bluff, pretending this is an arena for the OKC Thunder or football stadium for the KC Chiefs and theyll move it out of town if OU doesnt get their way? Its just bluster from Harroz because he has no good options or negotiating position. Even as pro-business as Moore is (says bouldersooner) I cant imagine them going for a $200 million TIF for an arena that they really dont need. And Moore is probably the only alternative option, unless you get Chickasaws involved.

Its kind of pathetic that trying to strong arm Norman is OU's only option to getting a new arena.

Sorry not for sure where to put this but new Apartments in Norman across from the Cleveland County Courthouse
    IMG_6209.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Sorry not for sure where to put this but new Apartments in Norman across from the Cleveland County Courthouse
    IMG_6209.jpeg
    Need a Norman infill post for things like this. That whole area south of downtown has been completely transformed over the past 5 years.

9. Default Re: University Town Center

I dont know where in Moore you think this thing would fit. Moore is getting pretty full. There honestly is very little land now that isn't packed in there within the actual Moore city limits. Someone would have to buy out something else to build something like an arena and would have to have a LOT of parking. I don't really see anywhere this would even fit. Not to mention, the city in Moore (including myself) would say no thank you. That's not a cost benefit to the city to just throw an arena in there for a short-term run for OU. I think if you asked the broader Norman residents, they would also said No Thank You. They're only getting forced into it by the city making deals that turned this fully private thing into a partnership of not the proportions originally sold as.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I dont know where in Moore you think this thing would fit. Moore is getting pretty full. There honestly is very little land now that isn't packed in there within the actual Moore city limits. Someone would have to buy out something else to build something like an arena and would have to have a LOT of parking. I don't really see anywhere this would even fit. Not to mention, the city in Moore (including myself) would say no thank you. That's not a cost benefit to the city to just throw an arena in there for a short-term run for OU. I think if you asked the broader Norman residents, they would also said No Thank You. They're only getting forced into it by the city making deals that turned this fully private thing into a partnership of not the proportions originally sold as.
    Places that could be good fits are south of the mission point apartments along I35 then several areas near Bryant and SE 34th and SE 19th

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    Places that could be good fits are south of the mission point apartments along I35 then several areas near Bryant and SE 34th and SE 19th
    yep

LOL let’s move OU’s basketball arena to a random part of Moore even further from campus

What areas near Bryant and 34th and 19th? There may be empty farm land there but there are numerous planned neighborhoods for those areas.

Moore doesn't have the infrastructure and streets to support something like this outside of it being placed right off the interstate and the current area you mentioned there doesn't have off ramps (yet) to even get off the interstate. Having said that I do think the Access OK projects will bring some development in the area I don't think much, if any of it will happen until after that section of turnpike is at least started on and we know where all the on/off ramps and whatnot will be built.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    LOL let’s move OU’s basketball arena to a random part of Moore even further from campus
    it's entertaining idea I guess but this would never happen

https://www.oudaily.com/news/norman-...5560819e5.html

The more I hear about this the less I like it. All this does is perpetuate the sprawling Ponzi scheme development patterns at the expense of downtowns and the university campus regardless of what anyone thinks about OU basketball attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post

The more I hear about this the less I like it. All this does is perpetuate the sprawling Ponzi scheme development patterns at the expense of downtowns and the university campus regardless of what anyone thinks about OU basketball attendance.
    Note the proposed FBO on the east side, that shows how much this development is catered to PJs flying in for SEC events. KOUN does lack a nice FBO for all the rich SEC folks. I, for one, and glad to see KOUN expanding so much with so many planned projects.

It’s a horrible idea. I still don’t think Norman will actually pass it though.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    It’s a horrible idea. I still don’t think Norman will actually pass it though.
    If this plan means not playing in Lloyd noble when the only other option is continuing to play in Lloyd noble for the foreseeable future, then anyone who cares about OU basketball should be for this plan. No one is coming to pay for an on campus arena anytime soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    it's entertaining idea I guess but this would never happen

Please describe the “Ponzi scheme” going on at UNP.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    If this plan means not playing in Lloyd noble when the only other option is continuing to play in Lloyd noble for the foreseeable future, then anyone who cares about OU basketball should be for this plan. No one is coming to pay for an on campus arena anytime soon.
    once again.... THIS!!!!! everyone keeps talking about projects that just won't happen as alternatives. there are two options on the table. build this, or keep playing in a falling apart Lloyd Nobel for the next 20 years. unless some donor wants to put up a couple hundred million for an on campus arena (like what happened for texas), then a new on campus arena isn't an option. this is the only option on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Nor is anyone going to pay to see a crappy team struggle in a 8k arena. It is easier to draw fans to the LNC when winning then it would for a team like what we have seen the last 5 years to draw fans wherever.

I still think the arena for collage sports should be on/near campus. But, I do understand that a new arena on campus is not an option at this point in time. Can we get a running list of the pro/cons for this development?

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    Note the proposed FBO on the east side, that shows how much this development is catered to PJs flying in for SEC events. KOUN does lack a nice FBO for all the rich SEC folks. I, for one, and glad to see KOUN expanding so much with so many planned projects.
    KOUN already has plans to extend the main runway to accommodate larger aircraft. Was that part of the UNP plan or something separate? I don't remember where I saw that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Nor is anyone going to pay to see a crappy team struggle in a 8k arena. It is easier to draw fans to the LNC when winning then it would for a team like what we have seen the last 5 years to draw fans wherever.
    We will have a program that continues to get worse as long as we have the worst or near worst facility in any league we play in. This team will not improve or be consistently good until it’s in a new building. LNC is the most visible problem and easiest to correct at this point because the larger problem of general program funding isn’t going away. At least a new building should help get more people from OKC to the games.

Regardless. It’s asinine at this point to act like staying in Lloyd noble is even a viable solution unless you just want to completely give up on basketball for the next 20-30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    KOUN already has plans to extend the main runway to accommodate larger aircraft. Was that part of the UNP plan or something separate? I don't remember where I saw that?
    It’s been all over OU news because of the 36.5 million in funding they recently received for a lot of updates.

Thread Information