Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171863 ... LastLast

Thread: University Town Center

Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Another UNP update with a mention of the "Village Center" . . .

Bridge on Rock Creek Road offers Norman traffic relief | NewsOK.com

The Norman Transcript lists the two following real estate transactions in University North Park

Seller: UTC Area Six L L C; Buyer: Inland Diversified Norman University II L L C; Amount: $7,039,247.00; University North Park Sec 05, Lot 1, Block1

Seller: UTC II L L C; Buyer: Inland Diversified Norman University III L L C; Amount: $17,355,623.00; University North Park Sec 03 (Replat), Lot 1, Block1; Lot 2, Block1; Lot 2, Block2; BlockA, Bounds: Common area; University North Park Sec 06, Lot 2A, Block1

I believe that Inland Diversified is the company that bought the TJ Max/Petco area of the UNP a couple of years ago but I was wondering which property they bought. It would appear to me that this is undeveloped land but I am not sure. I find that confusing because I thought this company was a real estate trust company that owned established shopping centers and is not into building them. Anyone have any thoughts on which property they purchased and why?

3. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Inland Real Estate Acquisitons, Inc.: We're Buying They are made up of several companies under the name inland real estate aquisitions.

I saw this show up over the weekend at the end of the road between the Zio's/Five Guys building and that new bank.

IMAG0215.jpg

HangryHippo Guest

Is the top of the proposed Crest's white in that photo? If so, wasn't that a complaint about the building that houses Academy? That would be hideous.

One small sign for Crest ... one giant leap for making Homeland a tad more nervous.

Is this going to be a Crest Market or just a regular Crest?

8. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Is this going to be a Crest Market or just a regular Crest?
    Supposedly identical to the one on South May.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Is the top of the proposed Crest's white in that photo? If so, wasn't that a complaint about the building that houses Academy? That would be hideous.
    I was going to say, I know it's just an initial rendering on a sign, but it doesn't look as good as the one on S. May.

Yeah, that looks nothing close to the one on South May. That's just all EIFS.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I saw this show up over the weekend at the end of the road between the Zio's/Five Guys building and that new bank.

IMAG0215.jpg
    Looks like crap

True, but that just means it will blend in well with most of the UNP family.

thats a generic crest pic. nothing like the design for this site.

why dont they concentrate on making a nice walking area around there where folks can take a nice stroll or just hang out instead of focusing on more stores and more stores. at least for now! i heard there were plans for a nice park?! ill bet if they came up with something really nice, norman residents would be totally for doing a sales tax to fund it.
    right now it looks like a project gone astray..

HangryHippo Guest

This article talks about the plans for Legacy Park.

16. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeypony View Post
    why dont they concentrate on making a nice walking area around there where folks can take a nice stroll or just hang out instead of focusing on more stores and more stores. at least for now! i heard there were plans for a nice park?! ill bet if they came up with something really nice, norman residents would be totally for doing a sales tax to fund it.
    right now it looks like a project gone astray..
    Umm, aren't stores the point of a retail shopping district?

Looks like the bids are in and Legacy Park will start moving forward finally.

Quote Originally Posted by vaflyer View Post
    The Norman Transcript lists the two following real estate transactions in University North Park

Seller: UTC Area Six L L C; Buyer: Inland Diversified Norman University II L L C; Amount: $7,039,247.00; University North Park Sec 05, Lot 1, Block1

Seller: UTC II L L C; Buyer: Inland Diversified Norman University III L L C; Amount: $17,355,623.00; University North Park Sec 03 (Replat), Lot 1, Block1; Lot 2, Block1; Lot 2, Block2; BlockA, Bounds: Common area; University North Park Sec 06, Lot 2A, Block1

I believe that Inland Diversified is the company that bought the TJ Max/Petco area of the UNP a couple of years ago but I was wondering which property they bought. It would appear to me that this is undeveloped land but I am not sure. I find that confusing because I thought this company was a real estate trust company that owned established shopping centers and is not into building them. Anyone have any thoughts on which property they purchased and why?
    Here is the $17+Million deal:
    QS1.jpg
    Here is the $7Million deal - do you know what is here? It's on the east side of 24th Ave, almost to Robinson Ave
    PDR.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by choosegreen View Post
    Here is the $7Million deal - do you know what is here? It's on the east side of 24th Ave, almost to Robinson Ave
    If Google Maps is accurate, it's the Cox Communications Store / Pearl Vision store / GameStop store.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    If Google Maps is accurate, it's the Cox Communications Store / Pearl Vision store / GameStop store.
    Yep! With Zios...thanks so much!!!

Norman City Council debates Legacy Park amenities | NewsOK.com

I thought this was a strange comment.

Councilman Roger Gallagher questioned the need for additional lighting, especially if the park has an evening curfew.
    I guess his park is for only when the sun is up.

21. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Yeah that's pretty silly of him. Especially with people getting robbed at the disc golf park.

In one of the other articles I read regarding the additional amenities at Legacy Park, someone pointed out that "just because we have the money doesn't mean we have to spend it." This is attitude is something frustrating I have encountered since moving here from the East coast. There seems to be a tendency here to make things as bare bones as possible. Additional amenities, landscaping features, lighting, etc. are seen as wasteful expenses rather than as an investment. I really hope they will do their best to make this area nice. That's what those who voted for the TIF wanted in the first place.

I'd recommend you all go and give your two cents worth at a council meeting, but they'd just ignore you like they did the other thousand people on the west side recently.

Norman's council has got to go. They're going to do whatever the heck they want with UNP, and they aren't going to care in the least what any of you think.

Look at who made the goofball comments in the above article... all the usual suspects. The Mayor is not going to win the very reasonable arguments that she made in The Oklahoman story because of that.

Good luck Norman.

So whatever happened to the Advanced Manufacturing Center and new office park slated for UNP? For the past few years, news articles stated that the new office park was slated to start soon, but we haven't seen any dirt turned.

I honestly think that the current scope of the office park is too aggressive for UNP at this time, then need to start small, and let it grow naturally. Instead of 6, 60,000sqft office buildings, they should downsize, and start with 3, 75,000sqft buildings, and develop in phases, starting with one.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    So whatever happened to the Advanced Manufacturing Center and new office park slated for UNP? For the past few years, news articles stated that the new office park was slated to start soon, but we haven't seen any dirt turned.

I honestly think that the current scope of the office park is too aggressive for UNP at this time, then need to start small, and let it grow naturally. Instead of 6, 60,000sqft office buildings, they should downsize, and start with 3, 75,000sqft buildings, and develop in phases, starting with one.
    I was thinking about this myself earlier today. They said there would be an announcement back in November regarding the aerospace company that was supposedly going to build there and jump start the office park, but we've heard nothing. Probably means the deal fell through.

Thread Information