Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151661 ... LastLast

Thread: University Town Center

Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    To each his own, but you do choose where you live.
    Are you trying to argue that the existing housing stock, the majority of which was built between 1960-1990, easily accommodates alternative options?

2. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Are you trying to argue that the existing housing stock, the majority of which was built between 1960-1990, easily accommodates alternative options?
    Wow, you didn't put any feeling into that one huh?

What i'm saying is, there are PLENTY options out there besides owning your own home. And if you don't like the responsibility that goes with it, there are also options around that. That doesn't only mean apartment living, but it certainly is an option.

Sure, we have an abundant supply of most suburban residential models except for condos, which I've always thought were mysteriously absent from Central Oklahoma. Aside from that though, there isn't any way to argue that the urban models are sorely lacking, and I think that's what people were talking about.

The market is not working because we have subsidized suburban sprawl to the point where the existing housing stock is very biased toward suburban models and low balls the true demand for urban models. This means that a lot of people wanting urban models are going to have to suck it up and live in the suburban model housing stock until the market can self correct.

But the main takeaway is that it's completely disingenuous to argue that the market supports individuals living where they want, because actually the overwhelming majority of the housing stock is not in line with changing values, changing lifestyles, and changing styles.

As for feeling, there are no feelings to it. This is a fact-based scenario on the surface that requires no reading between the lines or outside interpretation.

To add tp Spartan's comment, those of us stuck in suburbia and want to move into an urban environment have to wait until we can find a sucker to buy our suburban house.

I want to see a World Market open in UNP.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    I want to see a World Market open in UNP.
    Something like that would be great. Hopefully the UNP folks are actively trying to find things like this and pull them in.

What five to ten business would you all like to see open next in UNP? Are there any business concepts that a local business could fill?

Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    What five to ten business would you all like to see open next in UNP? Are there any business concepts that a local business could fill?
    Camille's
    Apple
    Nike
    Cheesecake Factory
    Another 8 to 10 story hotel.
    Ralph Lauren
    Whole Foods

9. Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Apple
    Crate and Barrel
    Nordstrom or Saks (I'm dreaming now, of course)
    Rugby or Ralph Lauren
    Lacoste

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Another 8 to 10 story hotel.
    last i heard talking to some people at the embassy suites... Hilton is still supposed to be building on the land directly south of the embassy... they said that they were hoping for it to already be started, and they are looking forward to it because they have lost a few conventions they were trying to get because there were not enough hotel room in the immediate area

I'll play to dream, as well.

H&M
    Trader Joe's (Yes, I know it's a bad idea with such close proximity to the other grocery stores but I still want one!)
    The Container Store
    Saks
    Apple

Sadly I think most or all of these probably fall into the category of fantasy, but you asked....

Einstein Bagels
    Dave and Busters
    Whole Foods
    Freebirds World Burrito
    Fry's
    Banana Republic
    ESPN Zone
    Johnny Rockets
    In 'n Out Burger
    Checkers Drive In
    Caribou Coffee
    Buca di Beppo
    McCormick and Schmicks

A fresh seafood market of any kind....

Any restaurant chain by a famous celebrity chef such as Bobby Flay, Wolfgang Puck, or Emeril Legasse....

i thought that they shut down all the ESPN Zones that were outside of LA and said that they weren't going to expand again... so that one absolutely is a fantasy.

and already had a freebirds in norman, it was ok.

In n' Out Burger may actually be coming to Norman. Last year they looked at Norman, OKC, and Tulsa. For some reason many of the national restaurant chains seem to hit Tulsa several years before they come to Norman or OKC.

Are we getting a Holiday Inn and a Hilton? I thought I recently read that the area south of the Embassy was going to be a Holiday Inn Express?

Are we getting a Holiday Inn and a Hilton? I thought I recently read that the area south of the Embassy was going to be a Holiday Inn Express?
    perhaps they said holiday inn and i just heard hilton...

I'd like to see a Pappadeaux in UNP.

Holiday Inn Express by Embassey.

Hilton Garden Inn is west side I-35 frontage, sort of behind that row of eateries between robinson and main.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    I'd like to see a Pappadeaux in UNP.
    Yes, yes, and more yes.

Yes. Very good chain.

I'd like to see a franchise like Pappadeaux locate on Main Street, instead of this weak project.

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    I'd like to see a franchise like Pappadeaux locate on Main Street, instead of this weak project.
    Think it would look even nicer on 19th in Moore

Does anybody think Old Navy would come to UNP and close their Sooner Mall location? Not saying it would happen. But I noticed Old Navy seems to be downsizing their stores. I was thinking maybe they would open a smaller store at UNP.

It'll never happen, but there's a cool sushi buffet chain called Todai that would be a great addition. I've eaten at the Dallas location and one of the locations in California. I think the Dallas location has since closed.

DSW Shoes would be a good addition. It seems like they are the only chain that keeps up with modern style and doesn't feel like a children's store. A shame the metro only has one location.

It's very frustrating that chains that are considered 'upscale' are almost never present here, and when they are there's usually just one location in the entire metro. And that we usually get these types of stores a few years after Tulsa.

Thread Information