Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sirloin Stockade Massacre

Default Re: Sirloin Stockade Massacre

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    there used to be some steakhouse in midwest city on air depot that had a big cow out front, located right about where golden corral is at now....was that a sirloin stockade or a sizzlin sirloin?
    yes it was in the same building as Nino's mexican restaurant is now
    there was also one in del city where the long john silver's is, next to round up pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Jettmiester View Post
    Anyone think it was a good theng Harold Stafford was killed in his motorcycle wreck when he did, or do some of you think we would have learned more and had less appeals for Roger if he was caught?
    I've got no problem with DiRT. Dead Right There.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrablum View Post
    I appreciate this thread. I have only lived here for 5 years, so I had never heard about any of this. It's fascinating in the same way a crime show on t.v. would be for those of us who did not live through it. I'm sorry if it drudged up some bad memories for those of you who did, but you can't expect everyone to have the same feelings about the massacre as you do. A lot of people read biographies on people like Charles Manson, Caril Fugate and Charles Starkweather, or people like that. You can't say they are wrong for studying about these horrific things. To each his/her own.

A lot of people are suited for paramedic work though I could never do what they do. Whatever works. I'd also never want to run a day care and be in charge of other people's kids all day long. Life offers a lot of different paths for a lot of different folks.
    I grew up in Nebraska and was just a baby when Starkweather and Fugate went on their killing spree but I remember my dad telling me that in the towns surrounding Lincoln people would be on the rooftops with rifles in case they came into their small town. Starkweather got what he deserved and I think Carol Ann was guilty as hell and should have been put on Charles's lab when he got the chair, but she only served 17 years and is a free woman now.

The State Fair disappearances was extremely sad and scary. Day after day, week after week, month after month of the pictures of those girls on TV, the police and public searching everywhere...nothing.

The Orbachs. I wonder what happened to the son?

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=10747&page=1

6. Default Re: Sirloin Stockade Massacre

I just came across some history re the Stafford case in my research as historian for the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office. https://m.facebook.com/badgeandbrass
    Bradley "Shipwreck" Wynn Urban Archaeologist, Historian, & Author

back then the DW and boys lived in the Sandpiper South Apartments. Can't remember what they are called now. I was an aircraft fueler working for the city of OKC. Was working a very strange rotating shift and I did pass by that joint the night and close to the time of the murders. Still get a funny vibe going by that area even to this day.

I should be over it by now, but that entire Sirloin Stockade Murder situation makes me just as sick as the day it happened, and is exactly why I can't be against capital punishment for crimes like that, Sorry if that is offensive to certain sensibilities, yet that's the way it is. Frankly, I'm offended by the fact that it took the State decades to give Roger Dale Stafford his just desserts.

Western Ave. Re: Sirloin Stockade Massacre

I know a gentleman, whom I hold in the highest regard and for whom I have the utmost respect, tell me that he believes beyond a shadow of a doubt that Verna Stafford was the "trigger person" during the massacre. He has worked in a professional capacity for years at Mabel Basset and has had years of interaction with her. He says that she is the personification is pure evil, and was the brains behind all of their escapades. Just thought I'd throw this in, for what it's worth.

Thread Information