Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sirloin Stockade Massacre

Default Re: Sirloin Stockade Massacre

there used to be some steakhouse in midwest city on air depot that had a big cow out front, located right about where golden corral is at now....was that a sirloin stockade or a sizzlin sirloin?

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    there used to be some steakhouse in midwest city on air depot that had a big cow out front, located right about where golden corral is at now....was that a sirloin stockade or a sizzlin sirloin?
    The steak joint that used to be on S.W. 59th & Penn. had one of those big cows out front. Same here, can't remember which was which. (I think it was sirloin stockade)

Gosh.. does anyone else long for the good 'ol days when psychopathic criminals would kill just because that's what they wanted to do? Not because of some sort of jihad or some sort of grudge against the government.

Ah.. the good 'ol days.

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    The steak joint that used to be on S.W. 59th & Penn. had one of those big cows out front. Same here, can't remember which was which. (I think it was sirloin stockade)
    I remember one time when someone stole that cow it used to sit on a trailer, they must have found it because it reappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by sam greenroyd View Post
    I remember one time when someone stole that cow it used to sit on a trailer, they must have found it because it reappeared.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The guy that owned that SIRLOIN STOCKADE had one in Ardmore also. He also was partners with a guy in a men's clothing store that was on the corner of the Shopping Center at 59th & Penn. That Bull was "Borrowed" more than once so he took it to Ardmore and those Country kids "Borrowed" it real quick. It was at Lake Murray it was at the school and so on. His last name was Jamison but I can't remember his first...He was very successful in that business and then someone wanted the corner worse than he did and he was out. He also sold the one in Ardmore and was able to retire....

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    The guy that owned that SIRLOIN STOCKADE had one in Ardmore also. He also was partners with a guy in a men's clothing store that was on the corner of the Shopping Center at 59th & Penn. That Bull was "Borrowed" more than once so he took it to Ardmore and those Country kids "Borrowed" it real quick. It was at Lake Murray it was at the school and so on. His last name was Jamison but I can't remember his first...He was very successful in that business and then someone wanted the corner worse than he did and he was out. He also sold the one in Ardmore and was able to retire....
    His first name wasn't Ralph was it?

Quote Originally Posted by sam greenroyd View Post
    His first name wasn't Ralph was it?
    That doesn't sound right....He was one shrewd businessman though...His business partner in the clothing store's name was Alan Butler. Alan passed away quite some time ago. The moved the store to a shopping center east of 59th st. on the North side of the street. But, his last name was Jamison that I remember.....He loved to play gin for a penny (or dollar) a point. He most generally won also.

Does anyone remember the triple murder of Mr & Mrs Howard Siler and their son in 1972 by Karrale Donnie Wayne Draper? He was convicted of three counts of 1st degree murder, but I believe the sentence was commuted to life after the Supreme Court's decision on Capital Punishment in the early '70s. They were herded into the back room of a convenience store around NW 31 & Western, June & Jim's, I believe. My mother knew the family, but I didn't. I can't find much info online.

9. Default Re: Sirloin Stockade Massacre

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    Does anyone remember the triple murder of Mr & Mrs Howard Siler and their son in 1972 by Karrale Donnie Wayne Draper? He was convicted of three counts of 1st degree murder, but I believe the sentence was commuted to life after the Supreme Court's decision on Capital Punishment in the early '70s. They were herded into the back room of a convenience store around NW 31 & Western, June & Jim's, I believe. My mother knew the family, but I didn't. I can't find much info online.

The Siler family was killed at Turk's. The building is still there but is owned by different people. Iam looking for more info, but that's all i can find so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    The Siler family was killed at Turk's. The building is still there but is owned by different people. Iam looking for more info, but that's all i can find so far.
    Thank you, Turks is correct. When I was a kid it was June & Jim, but I couldn't remember what it was called at the time of the murder.

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    One and the same. "Sizzlin Sirloin" was a trademark name Sirloin Stockade used for their steaks.

The "cow" is on 51st and MacArthur in front of a car wash. Is on the west side of the street with a Sonic to the south. It's a Hereford. For some reason I thought it was always referred to as a bull?

I appreciate this thread. I have only lived here for 5 years, so I had never heard about any of this. It's fascinating in the same way a crime show on t.v. would be for those of us who did not live through it. I'm sorry if it drudged up some bad memories for those of you who did, but you can't expect everyone to have the same feelings about the massacre as you do. A lot of people read biographies on people like Charles Manson, Caril Fugate and Charles Starkweather, or people like that. You can't say they are wrong for studying about these horrific things. To each his/her own.

A lot of people are suited for paramedic work though I could never do what they do. Whatever works. I'd also never want to run a day care and be in charge of other people's kids all day long. Life offers a lot of different paths for a lot of different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrablum View Post
    I appreciate this thread. I have only lived here for 5 years, so I had never heard about any of this. It's fascinating in the same way a crime show on t.v. would be for those of us who did not live through it. I'm sorry if it drudged up some bad memories for those of you who did, but you can't expect everyone to have the same feelings about the massacre as you do. A lot of people read biographies on people like Charles Manson, Caril Fugate and Charles Starkweather, or people like that. You can't say they are wrong for studying about these horrific things. To each his/her own.

A lot of people are suited for paramedic work though I could never do what they do. Whatever works. I'd also never want to run a day care and be in charge of other people's kids all day long. Life offers a lot of different paths for a lot of different folks.
    Well said........

15. Default Re: Sirloin Stockade Massacre

Its just too bad we remember the maggots that committed the crimes rather than the victims of them. I knew the daughter of the manager killed in the Sirloin Stockade when I was in high school and she was so nice. She was so torn up by what happened to her dad.

I sat in the parking lot and smoked a cigar the night Roger Dale Stafford was executed. I figured by the time I lit my cigar, it would take me longer to smoke it than he would remain alive.

Makes me wonder how on earth anyone could ever become such a worthless piece of human refuse. I sat at a local park with my grandson one day and watched the children playing. Don't know why, but it crossed my mind that Roger Dale Stafford at one time was a child and may have played as sweetly and innocently as those children. What is it that turns one into such an animal?

Quote Originally Posted by RealJimbo View Post
    ... What is it that turns one into such an animal?
    There is of course no one single 'it'. Whatever trigger or triggers or plain old poor choices helped to place RDS on his destructive path may or may not appear in another person, whether kin or stranger.

Sometimes there is something regarding a particular individual which can be readily identified, and sometimes there is only the possibility of what may involved.

There are large numbers of folk jailed, or formerly jailed, who had family and neighbors and coworkers completely stunned when they learned of the horrors someone they knew was capable of bringing to the lives of others. I suspect it will always be that way.

19. Default Re: Sirloin Stockade Massacre

Its like trying to figure out what justification McVeigh could have possibly had for blowing up that building. Whether he was ticked off about Waco or whatever, he must have known there were hundreds in that building who had nothing to do with Waco - not to mention the daycare he parked under. There simply is no rational justification.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Its like trying to figure out what justification McVeigh could have possibly had for blowing up that building. Whether he was ticked off about Waco or whatever, he must have known there were hundreds in that building who had nothing to do with Waco - not to mention the daycare he parked under. There simply is no rational justification.
    He knew and that's why he did it...

Anyone think it was a good theng Harold Stafford was killed in his motorcycle wreck when he did, or do some of you think we would have learned more and had less appeals for Roger if he was caught?

Quote Originally Posted by Jettmiester View Post
    Anyone think it was a good theng Harold Stafford was killed in his motorcycle wreck when he did, or do some of you think we would have learned more and had less appeals for Roger if he was caught?
    I always wondered if that was sucide.

I have wondered the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find info on Karrale Donnie Wayne Draper. Ive searched the ODOC website and several other archives. If I recall, there were 3 men convicted in this. Two I can locate. This person I cannot. Is he still alive, incarcerated, released?? Any info is helpful. Thanks.

This discussion reminds me of the 1979 incident in which my former pastor, Richard B. Douglass, and his wife, Marilyn, were murdered in their Okarche home by Glenn Burton Ake and Steven Keith Hatch, who had come to their door pretending to have had car trouble. The two bound the family -- Douglass and his wife, plus their children, Brooks, 16, and his sister Leslie, 12. They raped Leslie repeatedly and then shot all four of the Douglasses, leaving with the couple's wedding rings and a measly $43 in cash.

Richard and Marilyn died at the scene. Brooks and Leslie managed to free themselves and drove to a neighbor's house for help.

Now, 32 years later, Brooks is an attorney, and has served as an Oklahoma State Senator; Leslie is a schoolteacher.

Hatch was executed by lethal injection in 1996. Ake is serving consecutive life sentences.

I remember Brooks tagging along with me and my friends when our youth group took a trip to Six Flags in about 1974, when he would have been 11 or so; years later, when he was running for Senate, he came to my door seeking my vote, with no idea who I was. I knew him immediately -- he looks so much like his father that he played him in a recent indie film that was made about the murders. I invited him in and we talked for 30 minutes about old times. Brooks is quite a guy.

One of the saddest events I can ever recall.

Thread Information