Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drivers blocking the intersections on 19th street!

Default Re: Drivers blocking the intersections on 19th street!

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Another local example....check out 29th in MWC. The lights that enter Town Center/I-40/TAFB....there are what, 4 intersections in that little strip...and yet no one waits more than about a minute AT MOST and NO ONE pulls between the lights. It's lighter traffic, but that doesn't matter. It's not an exponential problem...it's linear.
    moore has shopping on BOTH sides of its highway. MWC has a military base on the opposite side and the gate thats at that side isnt even the main gate, huge difference there, hoss.

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    easy fix on moore's traffic problems on 19th street-----SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE!
    uh...I live in the area...

Easy fix to your stupidity, STFU!

wow i have been to new orleans, i know about canal street and junk like that, they have plent of major street to turn off throught canal, so 19th is different we are talking about interstate traffic mixing with 1 million sq feet of shopping traffic and lots of restaurant traffic a majority on 19th where there is a streets to turn off every block like canal street.. really cant compare canal and 19th , there is different reasons why 19th has traffic compared to canal, i understand the lighting system but it reall doesnt work when someone want to turn into mcdonalds and stick halfway into oncomming traffic and waits

4. Default Re: Drivers blocking the intersections on 19th street!

Ugh...the point is getting the lights synched people. If you do that, then someone's butt won't be sticking out. We're talking about about 1/8th of a mile on 19th...between 35 and telephone...that's it. It's not some massive problem you guys think it is.

decepticobra, if you think 29th in MWC isn't busy, go by there during the day at lunch as tinker traffic flows in and out. I don't think you appreciate how many people flow through that intersection...much more than a simple shopping center. Keep in mind there's a checkpoint to enter Tinker...and yet MWC managed to time it so that people aren't backed up into the other 4 intersections in a MUCH smaller area.

The point it, Moore has failed to time their lights properly when it's sooooo easy to do. Compare it all you want, they still failed and there are plenty examples around to look at.

And I've driven through the area in rush hour and on the weekend....really its not as bad as people make it out to be. It's never taken me more than about 5 minutes to get to the light on telephone rd. I'd compare that to the person bitching about the slow drive thru service that times it one day only to find out it took a total of 2 minutes. Who feels crappy now?

Each intersection that is getting a new lane has to have new lights. The lights are ordered. When the public meeting was held to discuss the project it was unknown exactly when the lights would arrive. This is on the west side of I-35.

I think most of the utilities have been relocated. The contractor is building the roadway extensions for Telephone and 19th into the creek areas.

Those exiting or entering the shopping center, let them WAIT, get I-35 less congested..saying that , Its not a over night fix.
    Thank gawd I dont live or work in the area..lol

Quote Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post
    Each intersection that is getting a new lane has to have new lights. The lights are ordered. When the public meeting was held to discuss the project it was unknown exactly when the lights would arrive. This is on the west side of I-35.

I think most of the utilities have been relocated. The contractor is building the roadway extensions for Telephone and 19th into the creek areas.
    On the Westside I-35 Frontage Rd, just South of 19th, I have always wondered why there is not a Yield sign for southbound traffic turning left onto I-35. Monday morning, I was northbound doing about 45mph and had a van turn left, right in front of me. If it had not been for my spidy senses type reflexes, I would have been in a headon collission. It was dark and happened to fast for me to tell if they were distracted by a cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jstaylor62 View Post
    On the Westside I-35 Frontage Rd, just South of 19th, I have always wondered why there is not a Yield sign for southbound traffic turning left onto I-35. Monday morning, I was northbound doing about 45mph and had a van turn left, right in front of me. If it had not been for my spidy senses type reflexes, I would have been in a headon collission. It was dark and happened to fast for me to tell if they were distracted by a cell phone.
    why would there be a yield sign. the drivers going south getting onto southbound I-35 must yield to northbound traffic just as though they were making any other turn across oncoming traffic. just because there is a sign there does not mean they would obey the traffic laws any more.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwatcher View Post
    why would there be a yield sign. the drivers going south getting onto southbound I-35 must yield to northbound traffic just as though they were making any other turn across oncoming traffic. just because there is a sign there does not mean they would obey the traffic laws any more.
    Traffic turning onto an on ramp after yielding is not is not a consistent configuration. I've seen other instances where the opposite traffic must yield to turning traffic. I just cant remember the specific location at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jstaylor62 View Post
    Traffic turning onto an on ramp after yielding is not is not a consistent configuration. I've seen other instances where the opposite traffic must yield to turning traffic. I just cant remember the specific location at the moment.
    That is the complete opposite of what you said in your initial post. you first said southbound traffic should have a yield sign. now you are saying northbound traffic should have a yield sign. I'm confused. My point is the southbound traffic turning left, according to state law and city ordinances, must yield the right-of-way to oncoming traffic. It makes no difference if the southbound traffic is turning onto an on ramp or side street or driveway. They must yield whether there is a sign or not.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwatcher View Post
    That is the complete opposite of what you said in your initial post. you first said southbound traffic should have a yield sign. now you are saying northbound traffic should have a yield sign. I'm confused. My point is the southbound traffic turning left, according to state law and city ordinances, must yield the right-of-way to oncoming traffic. It makes no difference if the southbound traffic is turning onto an on ramp or side street or driveway. They must yield whether there is a sign or not.
    My point is if this driver was used to on ramps that forced the opposite traffic to yield because of a sign, they may have assumed they were going to yield and therefore turned in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    just wish the lights between 19th and interstate to telephone road was insync, ones red then 300 fett green then red, never all once color for the three sets of lights!!!!
    yah, WTF? the first one turns green just as the next one turns red. it's stupid

What is with the turn lane lights? It's seems the one on 19th turning left on telephone rd took forever today and then it turned red fast. Like only three cars got through at a time.

Thread Information