Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gardening Thread

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: Gardening Thread

We're planning our fall garden. Right now it's only potatoes and
    pumpkins. I'm going to plant onions as soon as the sets are
    available. Maybe peas.

2. Default Re: Gardening Thread

For any of you who might be interested in growing blackberries, I highly recommend Navaho Blackberries, as they are self-erecting, thornless, and especially sweet. This summer was my first harvest, and I was floored with the flavor of our Navaho. Forget overpaying for tart blackberries at the market; grow your own. They're hardy in Oklahoma clay soul and dry heat, and you almost can't kill them even if you tried.

My wife and I are growing various fruits, vegetables, and nuts, but I don't know enough yet to discern how our crops compare to other varieties except for the blackberries. If you're looking to grow your own, you can't go wrong with Navaho. And while I haven't made my own yet, blackberry wine is often considered to be the best-tasting wine that one can make at home. Happy gardening.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

3. Default Re: Gardening Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AFCM View Post
    For any of you who might be interested in growing blackberries, I highly recommend Navaho Blackberries, as they are self-erecting, thornless, and especially sweet. This summer was my first harvest, and I was floored with the flavor of our Navaho. Forget overpaying for tart blackberries at the market; grow your own. They're hardy in Oklahoma clay soul and dry heat, and you almost can't kill them even if you tried.

My wife and I are growing various fruits, vegetables, and nuts, but I don't know enough yet to discern how our crops compare to other varieties except for the blackberries. If you're looking to grow your own, you can't go wrong with Navaho. And while I haven't made my own yet, blackberry wine is often considered to be the best-tasting wine that one can make at home. Happy gardening.
    Very much agree. We have these growing wild and in abundance on our property. We pick them every year and the wife and neighbor makes tons of pies, cobbler, jam and croustades. You can kill these once established, even if you tried.

Thread Information