Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Video Games

1. Default Re: Video Games

Took my son and his friends to Route 66 Park at Overholser lake last weekend. They were finding stuff all over the place. Not very crowded either.

Default Re: Video Games

Hm, Overholser. I forgot about that place. May go over there as Hefner contains next to nothing.

Mitch Park was packed with pokemon hunters this past weekend. There were a dozen or so pokestops, multiple gyms, and tons of "wild" pokemon. Met quite a few folks.

Pokestops and Gyms are holdovers from the world of Ingress (Niantic's previous augmented reality game). Anywhere that has a bunch of portals in Ingress is sure to also have a bunch of stuff in PoGo. Good places off the top of my head: OU Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma History Museum, State Capitol Park... Basically look for any area that has a lot of landmarks like statues, fountains, historical markers, and the like. The higher traffic the area is, the higher the chance of finding wild pokemon, too.

5. Default Re: Video Games

I found it funny when I went to Penn Square on Thursday. The gyms there had people owning them with 600CP Pokemon. I took them over in no time.

Compared to here on OU Campus we have 2000+CP Pokemon owning gyms. Impossible to beat sometimes.

I work right next to Penn Square. That particular one is near impossible to hold since it is so active. So people take it, then throw on a weaker Pokémon, since it will just be taken in minutes anyway. Ive never seen it higher that about a level 4 gym. Whereas the old Samuel Gordon clock is currently level 8 and the law firm(I think that's what it is) just north of North Penn Plaza is currently level 9. They aren't as active, obviously.

7. Default Re: Video Games

Just finished the indie game Inside, from the same people who made Limbo. It was a breath of fresh air, def worth playing. The ending and theory's behind the story are pretty interested for a 2D platformer.

8. Default Re: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Just finished the indie game Inside, from the same people who made Limbo. It was a breath of fresh air, def worth playing. The ending and theory's behind the story are pretty interested for a 2D platformer.
    I loved it. Fun mechanics.

I am playing We Happy Few today. The Alpha is fun. Different game than I thought

9. Default Re: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I loved it. Fun mechanics.

I am playing We Happy Few today. The Alpha is fun. Different game than I thought
    I'm really debating on getting it, I started watching a let's play of it last night but stopped because the story seems really interesting and I kind of want to figure it out for myself. In the Alpha are all the story elements implemented? If not I may just wait till the full release.

10. Default Re: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by elitespy View Post
    I'm really debating on getting it, I started watching a let's play of it last night but stopped because the story seems really interesting and I kind of want to figure it out for myself. In the Alpha are all the story elements implemented? If not I may just wait till the full release.
    I would wait until full release. Try not to get it spoiled if possible.

I enjoyed it and will be playing the full version later. I am not sure if it is cheaper now than at full release though, might check into that.

11. Default Re: Video Games

New e-sports arena opening here, could be pretty cool.

https://www.facebook.com/rtzesports/

12. Default Re: Video Games

New e-sports arena opening here, could be pretty cool.

https://www.facebook.com/rtzesports/
    They need to have a Dota tournament. My 5k MMR stack will do so well.... There are literally dozens of Oklahoma Dota Players!

On another note check out OverCooked on Steam. Playing it with my wife and we are having a blast!

14. Default Re: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    They need to have a Dota tournament. My 5k MMR stack will do so well.... There are literally dozens of Oklahoma Dota Players!

On another note check out OverCooked on Steam. Playing it with my wife and we are having a blast!
    Yeah, I would love to get together a CS:GO team and enter into some tournaments. It could be pretty fun, if they did LoL three's tourneys I could probably get a couple guys for that.

I need to check out OverCooked, I've heard it's pretty fun.

15. Default Re: Video Games

Anybody playing WoW getting ready for the expansion at the end of the month?

16. Default Re: Video Games

Anybody playing WoW getting ready for the expansion at the end of the month?
    I'll play when they bring back Vanilla. Nostalrius was fun

I'll be playing, most likely. The expansion sounds fun.

18. Default Re: Video Games

I've been playing the pre-patch and getting ready for the expansion. I'm really enjoying it so far. I didn't play vanilla, I started in Cataclysm so I know I'm pretty late to the game.

19. Default Re: Video Games

Ready to get back to some new content and raiding. Invasions are pretty fun for now, but they'll never live up to the zombie invasion. I've been around since the end of Vanilla, so I'm old. :-P Granted I also remember playing the original RTS games.

20. Default Re: Video Games

Yeah, I played Warcraft 3 a lot but I was anti WoW when it first came out. I was one of those insufferable Guild Wars fan boys so I was NEVER gonna play WoW. Middle school me was an idiot though, haha. Me and my small group of friends have been trying to do Pandaria Heroic 25 mans with just 3/4 people, it's a good challenge to get us ready for the updated stuff.

21. Default Re: Video Games

I really loved Vanilla through WotLK. The game just feels so different now. Maybe I just outgrew it but I loved the old days. The game felt really difficult and the community was just so fun.

For me, Vanilla through WotLK was the golden age, Cata was iffy, Panda land was surprisingly fun, and Warlords was fun initially that went downhill over the course of the expansion.

The new features they have planned for Legion with world events and with building your artifact weapon over the expansion have a lot of potential. The former reminds me of the zone events in Rift, and that MMO was really interesting to play.

23. Default Re: Video Games

BC and Wrath were great xpacs, but also probably because they highlights a lot of the heroes from WC3. I echo that Warlords started off good, I really enjoyed the questing in that one. However, the lack of content for 14 months and Garrisons just killed it. The Legion pre-event has been pretty good so far. Demon Hunters are quite fun to play - first tried them out at Blizzcon last year. Hopefully things come back on track a bit this xpac, otherwise the uproar at Blizzcon in a few months should be pretty loud. :-P

24. Default Re: Video Games

Going back to Karazhan, this should be pretty fun. I never raided in BC but my friends who did are really excited about this being a 5 man.

25. Default Re: Video Games

PC gamers, what keyboards do you guys use? I'm looking to get a new one, I've had the same logitech g15 since I was in highshool (I'm 28 now). I'm looking for a Mechanical one under 100 bucks but that seems to be hard to find. Any suggestions would be nice.

Thread Information