Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Games

Default Re: Video Games

I like 360, PS3 and PC. 360 is worth the $50.00 a year subscription IMO, PS3 is free online, but the servers are usually terrible when a new game comes out, 360 is usually good out of the box. PC is fun I had a WoW obsession for a couple of years, too much content and gear to keep up with, almpost had to play every day to keep up and get in raids. That being said, game consoled nowadays can do so much, I can even get my wife on PS3 to play wheel of fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by okie75 View Post
    I can even get my wife on PS3 to play wheel of fortune.
    you have a wife on ps3? most husband have wives in their homes instead. i guess if she starts nagging at you, you can easily unplug your ps3 and stops her bitching instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by okie75 View Post
    I like 360, PS3 and PC. 360 is worth the $50.00 a year subscription IMO, PS3 is free online, but the servers are usually terrible when a new game comes out, 360 is usually good out of the box. PC is fun I had a WoW obsession for a couple of years, too much content and gear to keep up with, almpost had to play every day to keep up and get in raids. That being said, game consoled nowadays can do so much, I can even get my wife on PS3 to play wheel of fortune.
    Yeah there's also an amazing amount of gear snobbery in WOW. I was surprised when I returned to the game recently only to see, "LFM, must be geared properly, we will check...." Then when I'd join PUGs and travel to the instances, I was kicked and noone would reply to me. lol guess my gear wasn't up to snuff. Oh well...back to consoles/pcs for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethrol View Post
    Oh well...back to consoles/pcs for me.
    theres nothing wrong with playing consoles, especially at 3am in the morning with the lights out while youre munching down on pretzels and knocking back a few brewskies.

should you have any doubts, try revisiting a classic 16-bit gem, like mutant league football on sega genesis. it will give any game today a run for what its worth.

Been playing Empire: Total War and Sins of a Solar Empire lately.

Empire: Total War is kind of 2 games in one -- a turn based economy developing game with a sort of RTS built into it. Sins is just an RTS.

I love the Total War series....I get mad addicted to Medieval 2 from time to time.

What's Sins like?

MTW2 just stopped working on my machine. Dunno why.

Sins is decently okay. Make sure to have a newish processor as it tends to get very slow towards the end of a game.

Ugh I've seen too many friends waste years of their lives to WoW.. sticking to my old warcraft3 playing DotA... I could play counterstrike for days upon days

I like video games a lot, but I do not like having to pay so much money for something that has the potential to suck so much of my time away. (I reserve time sucking for watching movies and television shows on Netflix, Hulu, and through torrents lol)

So since I am cheap, but still like to play the occasional game, I have found a couple of resources online.

Kongregate: Play free games online
    This site has a lot of fun, free, and easy to get into games. My personal favorites would be
    "Infectonator: World Dominator"
    Play Infectonator : World Dominator, a free online game on Kongregate
    You go from less developed countries and cities to progressively more developed countries trying to infect their inhabitants with the zombie plague.

and, "Boxhead: 2Play Rooms"
    Play Boxhead: 2Play Rooms, a free online game on Kongregate

You kill zombies in that one.

Kongregate is free for membership, and through signing up you can actually save your progress games. How cool is that?

The other site I like is the Retro Game Room at Vizzed Board - Play Retro Classic Games roms Online For Free

Here you can play games from all sorts of older consoles and computers ranging from AppleII & Atari to Nintendo 64 and Gameboy Advanced.

I spent a few days playing Earthbound from the SNES platform. It was awesome. It has save features as well, out of game ... for some of those games like Zelda where you didn't really have an in-game save.

Finally, if you want to relive your Zork days, or for those of you who don't know and want to get into a fun old-school text based adventure, check out Z-Engine

Where you can play Zork 1, 2, & 3.

I don't know about a save feature here. I rushed through the first one in a couple of hours one morning.

Hope someone appreciates these free online gaming options. I know I have had hours of fun with all of them.

10. Default Re: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrablum View Post
    I like video games a lot, but I do not like having to pay so much money for something that has the potential to suck so much of my time away. (I reserve time sucking for watching movies and television shows on Netflix, Hulu, and through torrents lol)

So since I am cheap, but still like to play the occasional game, I have found a couple of resources online.

This site has a lot of fun, free, and easy to get into games. My personal favorites would be
    You go from less developed countries and cities to progressively more developed countries trying to infect their inhabitants with the zombie plague.

Kongregate is free for membership, and through signing up you can actually save your progress games. How cool is that?

The other site I like is the Retro Game Room at Vizzed Board - Play Retro Classic Games roms Online For Free

Here you can play games from all sorts of older consoles and computers ranging from AppleII & Atari to Nintendo 64 and Gameboy Advanced.

I spent a few days playing Earthbound from the SNES platform. It was awesome. It has save features as well, out of game ... for some of those games like Zelda where you didn't really have an in-game save.

Finally, if you want to relive your Zork days, or for those of you who don't know and want to get into a fun old-school text based adventure, check out Z-Engine

I don't know about a save feature here. I rushed through the first one in a couple of hours one morning.

Hope someone appreciates these free online gaming options. I know I have had hours of fun with all of them.

you can play tons of classic nes, snes and genesis games for free on Every Video Game » Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrablum View Post

That's awesome!!! Thanks for the links!

13. Default Re: Video Games

Id like to add red dead redemption to my list

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Id like to add red dead redemption to my list
    Did you try to the Zombie Mod on xbox Live? I just d/l it......the opening scene is awesome.

I spent almost all of my Thanksgiving break on Dead Rising 2.

16. Default Re: Video Games

Im finishing up assassins creed brotherhood (which is also really good if you liked the first two) and I plan on going back and playing the Red Dead Zombie expansion

17. Default Re: Video Games

I am lucky enough to be married to a wife who likes video games too (so she doesn't complain when I play). We prefer first person shooters. Right now we both play Red Dead Redemption. Problem is, we can 'waste' and entire Saturday or Sunday if we are not careful. We limit ourselves to about once a month on our PS3. We both have SmartPhones, iPod Touches and iPads, so we do play the occasional game on those.

I still have a working Intellivision with lots of games. About once a year I get nostalgic and hook it up and play.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I am lucky enough to be married to a wife who likes video games too (so she doesn't complain when I play). We prefer first person shooters. Right now we both play Red Dead Redemption. Problem is, we can 'waste' and entire Saturday or Sunday if we are not careful. We limit ourselves to about once a month on our PS3. We both have SmartPhones, iPod Touches and iPads, so we do play the occasional game on those.

I still have a working Intellivision with lots of games. About once a year I get nostalgic and hook it up and play.
    You are indeed lucky to have such a wife as I think it would be fun to have someone that was also into games in my life. 'tis a rare breed tho.

And wow about the intellivision. I used to play that for hours and hours at my friends house many moons ago. I loved the racing game, sea battle and the skiing game. Great stuff but my controllers didn't hold up over time and I ended up trashing the system back in the 90s.

MadMonk Guest

For Christmas, we got the kids the Kinect for our Xbox 360. It's a lot better than I thought it would be. The game that comes with it is a lot of fun and a good intro on how it works. We also got the Motion Sports title and it's fun and challenging. Hopefully more titles will be coming soon to take advantage of it.

I'm d/l Team Fortress 2 on Steam right now. $5 as a holiday special. I have a friend that's played TF2 for years and he just keeps raving about how awesome it is. I can't wait.

If you have a steam account, log in and check out all the great game deals. If you don't have a steam account, get one....there's some awesome offers but time is running out.

I only play pc games nowadays. I was a huge 360 fan until I found out how amazing computer graphics are compared to a console. The games I play the most are COD:BO, COD:MW2, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, and minecraft.

22. Default Re: Video Games

I prefer PC to consoles as well, the games are made better, look better, are cheaper, and the mouse/keyboard combo is way better than a controller. the only downside to PC is that you have to update it every 3-5 years to keep up with the game engines.

I prefer PC to consoles as well, the games are made better, look better, are cheaper, and the mouse/keyboard combo is way better than a controller. the only downside to PC is that you have to update it every 3-5 years to keep up with the game engines.
    Ya I can't stand playing on the 360 anymore. I suck. Its like I picked up the controller for the first time in my life... Once you go pc, you never go back.

Also, I'm a fanatic, so I upgrade about every year or so. Newegg is my friend. Lol

Yep

Though this ipad is consuming a rapidly expanding part of my free time.

25. Default Re: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by HewenttoJared View Post
    Yep

Though this ipad is consuming a rapidly expanding part of my free time.
    Have you bought 'Reckless Racing' or 'SimCity DLX' for iPad? Those are the two we are playing quite a bit on our idevices. I like where their 1st person shooters are going, but I still don't like the controls yet.

I'm going to look around and see if I can find Black Ops for PS3 today on sale. Seen it for as low as $35 and I hear its fantastic.

Thread Information