Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Games

Default Re: Video Games

I got a chance to look at GOG and I have to say, it is really nice!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I got a chance to look at GOG and I have to say, it is really nice!!!!!
    There quite a few great games on there all at a great price....
    If you like RPGs there are quite a few good ones....
    Baldurs Gate 1&2
    Divine Divinity.....the greatest single player RPG youve never heard of.
    System Shock 2...altho it combines shooter elements as well as survival horror.

3. Default Re: Video Games

I would suggest that if anyone owns a PS3, play the Last of Us. Incredible game

Grand Theft Auto V coming on 9/17/13. Looks amazing. One of the largest development budgets of any entertainment property of all time. Can't wait to play it. Anyone else doing any midnight purchases of it?

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    Grand Theft Auto V coming on 9/17/13. Looks amazing. One of the largest development budgets of any entertainment property of all time. Can't wait to play it. Anyone else doing any midnight purchases of it?
    I'll just buy it on Steam. I can't wait. I think it's the most expensive game ever made and they already made all their money back in pre-orders.

Yeah, I'll be at the premier in Penn Square or if they decide not to do it, I'll be at the one in Edmond by Target on 2nd st. I bought the Collectors which I really shouldn't of. This game will easily be better than any game coming out in the 4 year. To this, GTA4 has more in depth detail than any other console game I've played, and I am(was due to school) a huge ass gamer. Rockstar is an amazing gaming company who really tries hard and doesn't put out garbage like Saints Row 4, which I pray no one here bought lol

BTW, just out of curiosity, I'll likely be switching mainly to PC gaming this time around as when the 360/PS3 came out, I switched to consoles. However, I'll likely get an Xbox One and a PS4, but I'm just curious as to what people on here are planning to get, if you get anything. PS4 or an Xbox One, and it'd be cool if you would say as to why.

Not a gamer myself (although I have been known to turn a few laps in GT5), but my kids already told me they don't want to go up to the PS4. They are switching to PC games. For non-gaming the PS3 has everything we need - Netflix, internet, and Blu-ray 3D player. They decided to switch because the games are better on a PC and they like the chat options they get with their friends. Both of them are on Steam whose games are a fraction of the price of a PS3 game and will probably be orders of magnitude cheaper than a PS4 game.

9. Default Re: Video Games

It seems consoles just keep migrating closer and closer to PCs. With the price points coming up, PS4 at $399 and XBoxOne at $499, it just seems stupid to not switch to PC gaming unless you just have money burning a hole in your pocket. You can do a pretty good gaming rig for $500-600 if you know what you are doing or around $1000 if you want a system capable of handling the ultra settings on most games.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    It seems consoles just keep migrating closer and closer to PCs. With the price points coming up, PS4 at $399 and XBoxOne at $499, it just seems stupid to not switch to PC gaming unless you just have money burning a hole in your pocket. You can do a pretty good gaming rig for $500-600 if you know what you are doing or around $1000 if you want a system capable of handling the ultra settings on most games.
    And meanwhile a lot of pc games have been dumbed down to appeal to the console crowd{which sadly is where the money is at}. A recent pc release{Rome Total War 2} suffers from a bit of being dumbed down as well as having subpar performance of players with the latest intel cpus and titan video cards{thankfully not mine tho}.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    I'll just buy it on Steam. I can't wait. I think it's the most expensive game ever made and they already made all their money back in pre-orders.
    News: Report: Grand Theft Auto V has 'blockbuster film budget' of £170 million - Strategy Informer

They spent around 170 million on game development and marketing with 3 million copies already reserved by UK retailers.
    Wow!

I've not had good luck with PS consoles in the past. Plus with the types of games played around here...our PS3 was just utilized as a blue ray player. Most of the kiddos play Xbox one, and Xbox core games like Halo. I utilize all the video apps on Xbox, so it made sense for our house to go with Xbox over ps4. No other reason, but when I mention that, the fan-boys of PlayStation tend to get irate for whatever reason...If I had money burning a hole in my pocket I would buy each console....

For those saying they'll just get it on PC, it hasn't yet been announced for PC, and though it likely will eventually come to it, it may be many months or even a year or so down the road. Also while I love my PC I also own all the current consoles because there are just so many times you get a console exclusive game like Journey, Last of Us, the Uncharted series, Metal Gear Solid etc that never see the light of day on PC. And they're some of the most critically acclaimed games this generation.

Now that both new consoles are essentially high end PC's this line maybe less of an issue. But Sony and Microsoft are still going to throw major dollars at developers to keep great games exclusive to their consoles.

For those saying they'll just get it on PC, it hasn't yet been announced for PC, and though it likely will eventually come to it, it may be many months or even a year or so down the road. Also while I love my PC I also own all the current consoles because there are just so many times you get a console exclusive game like Journey, Last of Us, the Uncharted series, Metal Gear Solid etc that never see the light of day on PC. And they're some of the most critically acclaimed games this generation.

Now that both new consoles are essentially high end PC's this line maybe less of an issue. But Sony and Microsoft are still going to throw major dollars at developers to keep great games exclusive to their consoles.
    There are certain games I prefer playing on consoles and GTA is one of them. I think Rockstar is a more console oriented company anyways(does that make sense???).

The being said, I would advocate that anyone who plans on getting Watchdogs really should think about getting it for a computer, if you have one that can handle it.

Is anyone going to be at the Gamestop on 2nd and Bryant tonight for the midnight release of GTA5? I will! Game is going to be frickin sick

16. Default Re: Video Games

I'll probably just wait for the superior version to come out on PC then I will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by elitespy View Post
    I'll probably just wait for the superior version to come out on PC then I will get it.
    That's funny.

18. Default Re: Video Games

so news coming out that while both Xbox One and PS4 will have bluray support, neither will have 3D support. which I find odd, since the PS3 had it.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    so news coming out that while both Xbox One and PS4 will have bluray support, neither will have 3D support. which I find odd, since the PS3 had it.
    That's not going to affect me any since I have two 3D Blueray players.

"Sony expects to sell 5 million units of the PlayStation 4 by the end of its fiscal year in March." At $300 a pop plus games, additional controllers, etc.... nice chunk of change.

22. Default Re: Video Games

Might as well use the money you would spend on a PS4 plus extra controllers and games on a gaming PC... hell of alot better value that's for sure.

oh no you didn't... -M

I'm one of the few dozen folks with a Wii U. lol My wife loves Zelda and the kids love Nintendo's games. Easy choice. It's a lot of fun, too!

25. Default Re: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    oh no you didn't... -M

Amen brother.

Thread Information