Widgets Magazine

Thread: F.D. Roosevelt Jr. High School

Default F.D. Roosevelt Jr. High School

I've been cleaning out my attic of unwanted junk. Well it's not really unwanted, but has a lot of memories to me. But, I really do not need to keep it. Found cancelled checks from 1974 when we lived in Virginia. Go figure why I kept them this long. But what I did find was my year books from Roosevelt dating back to 1965, 1967 and 1968. I had a lot to do today, but I've spent all afternoon looking at them and reading what the kids said. You know how kids use to write in them. I laughed constantly. I remember a lot of the kids and the girls I thought were hot! But I see some of the girls and why didn't I think they were cute then. Oh how age changes your opinion. I just thought I would share this with anyone that went to Roosevelt.

Default Re: F.D. Roosevelt Jr. High School

Quote Originally Posted by TOWNHERO View Post
    I've been cleaning out my attic of unwanted junk. Well it's not really unwanted, but has a lot of memories to me. But, I really do not need to keep it. Found cancelled checks from 1974 when we lived in Virginia. Go figure why I kept them this long. But what I did find was my year books from Roosevelt dating back to 1965, 1967 and 1968. I had a lot to do today, but I've spent all afternoon looking at them and reading what the kids said. You know how kids use to write in them. I laughed constantly. I remember a lot of the kids and the girls I thought were hot! But I see some of the girls and why didn't I think they were cute then. Oh how age changes your opinion. I just thought I would share this with anyone that went to Roosevelt.
    ================================================== ===========
    Oh yeah:.....I went to Roosevelt the first school year it was opened (1960-1961)......One of the nerdiest looking girls then has been one of the most beautiful women in my eyes for the past 44 years......I remember Mr. Smith (Wallace) telling the first ninth grade class that that was the first $1,000,000.00 school in the OKC School District and he expected us to take care of it. Then the school name was expected to be the "Scotties" only to end up as the Titans. Then JFK was elected as president. Then it began, the world started to change as I knew it.....But, I really enjoyed going to Rossevelt Jr. High School.......So did "Tall Girl" and The Village Idiot....

I think my brother might have been in that first class. I think before going to Roosevelt he went to Jackson. Roosevelt was a nice school when I went there. Rereading my first post, I realized that I made a mistake with the years, it's 1965, 1966 and 1967. I know that the school name was the "Scotties".

I think my brother might have been in that first class. I think before going to Roosevelt he went to Jackson. Roosevelt was a nice school when I went there. Rereading my first post, I realized that I made a mistake with the years, it's 1965, 1966 and 1967. I know that the school name was the "Scotties".
    Is this because FDR's dog Fala was a Scottie?

Quote Originally Posted by papaOU View Post
    Is this because FDR's dog Fala was a Scottie?
    ================================================== ==============
    Yeah, but, the name was The Titans at one time....Townhero:....your brother and I went to Roosevelt together.....Talked to him not long ago....(Old Salt)??

Roosevelt was a great school when I attended from Sept 1967 through May 1971. Gotta love those Titans!!

Quote Originally Posted by Okiezmom View Post
    Roosevelt was a great school when I attended from Sept 1967 through May 1971. Gotta love those Titans!!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++
    thanks:......thought I was losing it.....I knew they were the Titans at some time...I do remember though the name Scotties was in the running.....

Oooops! That was Sept 68 through May 1971 that I attended Roosevelt. I'm old enough now that my mind is leaving me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    ================================================== ==============
    Yeah, but, the name was The Titans at one time....Townhero:....your brother and I went to Roosevelt together.....Talked to him not long ago....(Old Salt)??
    I went to Roosevelt with you, so I went there with (Old Salt) too. Who is it, or do we just use nicknames?

================================================== ===========
    Oh yeah:.....I went to Roosevelt the first school year it was opened (1960-1961)......One of the nerdiest looking girls then has been one of the most beautiful women in my eyes for the past 44 years......I remember Mr. Smith (Wallace) telling the first ninth grade class that that was the first $1,000,000.00 school in the OKC School District and he expected us to take care of it. Then the school name was expected to be the "Scotties" only to end up as the Titans. Then JFK was elected as president. Then it began, the world started to change as I knew it.....But, I really enjoyed going to Rossevelt Jr. High School.......So did "Tall Girl" and The Village Idiot....
    ================================================== ==========
    Notice I posted the cost of Roosevelt new ($1,000,000.00) ...the "New" Grant cost $32,000,000.00 and the School Board owned the land....Whoa 32 times as much?????

================================================== =========
    Hey:....you want an old Roosevelt Band Marching Hat?....I've got about 40 of them.....I havethe original marching hats from Jefferson....I gave one to gen78 didn'i I my friend????We have enough people on this thread we could have a great party......QWe could invite the moderators and Pete and anyone
    else as long as they didn't bring guns and ammo...

Prunepicker Guest

Hey... you want an old Roosevelt Band Marching Hat? I've got about 40 of
    them... I have the original marching hats from Jefferson... I gave one to
    gen78 didn't I my friend? We have enough people on this thread we could
    have a great party... We could invite the moderators and Pete and anyone
    else as long as they didn't bring guns and ammo...
    I want one of each. The Jefferson because I went there in 1866 and the
    Roosevelt to draw on.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    I want one of each. The Jefferson because I went there in 1866 and the
    Roosevelt to draw on.
    ================================================== =========
    I have seen your car and I know where it is today......You need to get that Guy on the ball.....We need to cruise Coit's.....I know Carltonskeeper used to have the Best looking '62 Corvette in town....Then he sold it....Now he just has an old Camaro....too bad...(man that thing is pretty ) don't tell him I said so though....

My memories of Roosevelt are that, I played football for the OKC Tigers and we practiced there, and my first wife went to school there.

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    My memories of Roosevelt are that, I played football for the OKC Tigers and we practiced there, and my first wife went to school there.
    I remember that also, I played for the OKC Tigers too. Also, there is a guy that works where I do that played football with me for the OKC Tigers. His name is Earl Perkins. I loaned him my year books from Roosevelt and he is going to put them on line. I think he is also responsible for a Grant 1970 web site.

http://www.usgrant1970.com/

Thread Information