Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taco Bueno

1. Default Taco Bueno

We go to the Taco Bueno at 66th and N May a lot. The parking lot is so dark at night. There is no outside lighting at all. It's kinda scary going there at night.

2. Default Re: Taco Bueno

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    We go to the Taco Bueno at 66th and N May a lot. The parking lot is so dark at night. There is no outside lighting at all. It's kinda scary going there at night.
    uhh? so don't go at night?

lol, was your post intended as a reply for a different thread?

Default Re: Taco Bueno

So notify the manager?

Life in the big city can be tough.

What is a statement?

I will take oversize maps of Oklahoma taking up the top right of my screen for $600.

it wont be open for very much longer they will be tearing it down at the end of the month or early april and will be rebuilding it which is good for us so come to braums

7. Default Re: Taco Bueno

Quote Originally Posted by braums manager View Post
    it wont be open for very much longer they will be tearing it down at the end of the month or early april and will be rebuilding it which is good for us so come to braums
    I hear going to Braums at night is scary.

Yes, because Braum's menu, when it comes to fast-food Tex-Mex, is unrivaled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    I hear going to Braums at night is scary.
    Sometimes your shoes even stick to the floor (ewww!)

Since the issue seems to be resolved as it ever will be, I'd like to inquire about Braums. When will these Italian-influenced offerings drop?

11. Default Re: Taco Bueno

Do you have any idea where they are going to rebuild it? We have already lost Golden Corral and Denny's. I hope they keep it closeby.

That taco bueno is HORRIBLE. My wife and I ate there about a month ago. They had many huge leaks in the dining area, with buckets everywhere. The air ducts were nasty looking as well. That place is dirty and has been for some time. Glad to hear they are rebuilding it.

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    What is a statement?

I will take oversize maps of Oklahoma taking up the top right of my screen for $600.

i didnt really get this. maybe im just slow.
    i guess a jeopardy reference?

14. Default Re: Taco Bueno

I guess all you have to do is post on OKCTalk and problems get resolved. We drove by the restaurant tonight and all the lights are fixed and the parking lot is well lighted.Seems sad that it's been dark for so long and now that they are moving, the lights get fixed. We really don't eat there that often, but when we do go there, we like to feel safe. All is good now.

15. Default Re: Taco Bueno

I guess all you have to do is post on OKCTalk and problems get resolved. We drove by the restaurant tonight and all the lights are fixed and the parking lot is well lighted.Seems sad that it's been dark for so long and now that they are moving, the lights get fixed. We really don't eat there that often, but when we do go there, we like to feel safe. All is good now.
    I can sleep now.

Do you have any idea where they are going to rebuild it? We have already lost Golden Corral and Denny's. I hope they keep it closeby.
    Oh no! What would we ever do without a Golden Corral and a Denny's. For real though, the restaurants you are talking about (taco bueno, golden corral and denny's) are some of the least attractive food destinations in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by mecarr View Post
    Oh no! What would we ever do without a Golden Corral and a Denny's. For real though, the restaurants you are talking about (taco bueno, golden corral and denny's) are some of the least attractive food destinations in OKC.
    Let me guess... if it is not on N. Western in Edmond or Bricktown it is just not right to eat there. Not everyone has trust funds or the family credit cards to use everytime they get hungry.

I cannot speak for Denny's but... Golden Corral and Taco Bueno seem to never have a problem filling their parking lot at lunch and dinner.

Bueno makes a pretty good potato burrito. GC is good for a quick meal and not everyone can agree on what to eat. Denny's lost me as customer years ago. Way too many cold meals and rude/slow servers.

Be careful at that Bueno, Rhea's is just a hope skip and a jump away.

19. Default Re: Taco Bueno

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    Let me guess... if it is not on N. Western in Edmond or Bricktown it is just not right to eat there. Not everyone has trust funds or the family credit cards to use everytime they get hungry.

I cannot speak for Denny's but... Golden Corral and Taco Bueno seem to never have a problem filling their parking lot at lunch and dinner.

Bueno makes a pretty good potato burrito. GC is good for a quick meal and not everyone can agree on what to eat. Denny's lost me as customer years ago. Way too many cold meals and rude/slow servers.
    plenty of good, cheap local places that aren't just for the fashionably rich. i am neither fashionable nor rich and i hardly ever eat at the national chains.

i support my neighbors and they support me. so strap on your sense of adventure, do some research and try something new and exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post

Someone's out of touch with reality. Many of the local places are the same or CHEAPER, than the crappy chain places, not to mention have much better food and better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Stark View Post
    plenty of good, cheap local places that aren't just for the fashionably rich. i am neither fashionable nor rich and i hardly ever eat at the national chains.

i support my neighbors and they support me. so strap on your sense of adventure, do some research and try something new and exciting!

well said, I'm sure not a trust fund kid, and don't believe in credit cards. Just a hard working professional like most people who eat in Bricktown, N. Western Ave, Classen, NW 23rd, etc.. Sorry but I'd rather spend $7 at BTT for some quality food with local ingredients than $7 at Golden Corral at the feeding troughs and sending the profits out of state for some reheated frozen food.

After speaking with a guy who does outsourced vent hood cleaning, I'll never eat at a taco bueno again!!!!

taco beuno is awesome, by far its the best fast food tex-mex option.

i would honestly rather have beuno than even sit down mexican restaurants like teds, senior tequilas, chielino's (sp), etc...well; especially for the price.

23. Default Re: Taco Bueno

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSkater View Post
    After speaking with a guy who does outsourced vent hood cleaning, I'll never eat at a taco bueno again!!!!
    Somehow I think you could get the same information from any vent hood in any restaurant in America. Its like knowing what is in a hot dog, some things are better left unknown.

We go to the Taco Bueno at 66th and N May a lot...
    We really don't eat there that often...
    Now I'm really confused...

Jim and Metro..

Too each hi/her own when it comes to their preferences on where to eat.

I am not one to drive all over the place to grab a bite to eat especially when it means I have to pay $10 to park in Boozeville with a concrete drainage ditch.

I go to the places that are nearby and easy to access right here in MWC. Gas is too expensive to waste on a meal out unless it is a special occasion. By the way we have some great little local spots that are just as good such as the Checkerboard, Mr. Spriggs, Primo's and Lupe's just to name a few.

Thread Information