Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Farmers market district

Default Re: Farmers market district

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I found this to be an interesting read on the closing of the OSU market and the non input given to the vendors on the move to Scissortail Park. Federal grant money and how the decision was made begs for further follow up.

Farmers, customers dislocated by OSU-OKC are choosing Farmers Public Market over Scissortail Park
    https://oklahoman.com/article/565381...issortail-park
    That's a pretty biased headline by Steve. I know not all farmers and customers are choosing the Farmers Public Market over Scissortail. He had a few other facts wrong in the article as well. I just hope everyone gives both venues a chance instead of writing one of them off. I think they can both be special places and successful.

Quote Originally Posted by swosuknight View Post
    That's a pretty biased headline by Steve. I know not all farmers and customers are choosing the Farmers Public Market over Scissortail. He had a few other facts wrong in the article as well. I just hope everyone gives both venues a chance instead of writing one of them off. I think they can both be special places and successful.
    Generally, writers don't get to choose their own headlines, the copy editors do that part of the job (the writers may have suggestions that the copy editors can consider, though), that's the way it's been at the dozen or so papers my wife's been a copy editor at, including the Joklahoman.

Default Re: Farmer's Market

Large Farmer's Market tract seeking multi-family rezoning

The new owners of a 14-acre tract are taking steps towards rezoning that could lead to high-density housing in the Farmer's Market District.

The site was formerly home to the original Oklahoma City streetcar maintenance facility but had been largely vacant for some time. In recent years, there has been significant cleanup and removal of old utility lines in advance of putting the property up for sale.

The current owners are a charitable trust. The property is now under contract to an entity headed by Richard Moyer and J. Patrick Donnelly. The purchase price is unknown but it was listed for $5.5 million.

Thursday, the Riverfront Design Committee gave their approval to change the zoning on the parcel from industrial to R-4, which allows for the maximum density of residential units.

Attorney and developer Bert Belanger told the committee the new owners are just starting the process of meeting with architects and thus far do not have a specific development plan.

Belanger has been a part of many multi-family developments in Oklahoma City and owns other properties in the immediate area.

The move comes after the completion of the new Oklahoma City Boulevard which runs to the north of the district.

Belanger also mentioned he has been working with the city to possibly close Exchange between Reno and the Klein/ SW 3rd intersection. Once a direct connection between downtown and the Stockyards to the southwest, Exchange was turned into a dead-end just south of Reno as part of boulevard construction.

The rezoning application will now move to the Planning Commission and City Council will have the final vote for approval.

makes it even more important that the city make the klein/blvd interchange a 4 way light

Makes the ridiculous Boulevard/Western/Classen overpass even more frustrating, as well.

I've been waiting for something to happen here. Though I'd rather see another big mixed use development

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I've been waiting for something to happen here. Though I'd rather see another big mixed use development
    I suspect this will involve more than just housing.

if I had money I would be trying to buy the Urban Farmhouse buildings now.

Also now pipedreaming of 3rd street being redeveloped between here and park with bars/restaurants/shops - creating an Austin TX 6th street vibe.

Maybe this will help Strawberry Fields group get going on their stuff. This entire area between the park and Farmers District is basically downtown's last hope of a connection since the Boulevard severed the Film Row connection.

Ikea!

The 'Vinyard' properties just east of the Farmer's Market area has been for sale for quite some time:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/portfolio/15452287/

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The 'Vinyard' properties just east of the Farmer's Market area has been for sale for quite some time:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/portfolio/15452287/
    Pretty nice row of buildings. And right across from Lively Beerworks, which I highly recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by okcRE View Post
    Ikea!
    You're thinking too small. This area is just calling out for a Great Clips.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    You're thinking too small. This area is just calling out for a Great Clips.
    Dear God, get this person on city council. Make them mayor. The Farmers Market absolutely NEEDS a Great Clips. What a splendid idea!

14. Default Re: Farmer's Market

I swear to God I am going to pistol whip the next person who says, Great Clips.

Shenanigans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    make sure you get a [great] video clip of that pistol whip

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=great+...16&FORM=CHROMN

Great Clips "Where even YOU can get a haircut!"

Blog Entries

The rezoning to build apartments here has passed at council.

Just received an email from Trade Supply Co that they are moving from their Midtown location to The Farmers Market district.

From their Facebook page; this will be on the corner of Klein, right by Loaded Bowl and Palo Santo.

^^^
    I'm guessing this is due to increased rent in Midtown?
    Anywho, I'm glad to see this in the Farmer's Market. I've seen some express concern on other threads that the Farmers Market had plateaued. Good retail injection.

I like this move, Trade is a great business operated and owned by a great guy. I like that he is expanding the size of the shop. Plus now I will have an even better reason for hitting up Power House!

Trade has a temp store set up in Silo next to what will be their new location:

There should be a full P180 makeover done here before more businesses get settled in. Minimize disruption to first pioneers.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    There should be a full P180 makeover done here before more businesses get settled in. Minimize disruption to first pioneers.
    Agreed.

Thread Information