Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Farmers market district

Default Re: Farmer's Market

Well, I suppose something had to be built on this corner eventually and with the plot backing up to the boulevard overpass a gas station is better than nothing. It will be interesting to see what can be done to make the bike lanes running through this area (along the west side of N. Western Ave.) safe. I was already skeptical about safety and having a bike lane cross W. Reno Ave. at Western and that was before a busy gas station was planned. You can see that the work on the off-street trail south of Reno and east of Exchange Ave. is progressing from Pete's aerial shot. They've also made progress building a short off-street trail from the southern terminus of Western just north of the Boulevard to the underpass. Finally, the sidewalks and (hopefully) the pedestrian signals at S. Klein, Exchange, and SW 3 having been getting a rebuild over the past couple of weeks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Farmer's Market

Default Re: Farmers market district

Took this today.

You can see the 7-Eleven under construction in the foreground, the big parcel that is being considered for the multi-purpose stadium, the river bridge that will be converted to pedestrian use, and Wheeler District in the distance.

Also, I'll never understand why they effectively cut off Exchange just north of the river.

Wasn't there a fairly large apartment complex supposed to go in near the Farmers Market?

5. Default Re: Farmers market district

that Exchange/Reno/Classen-Western interchange is PERFECT for an urban roundabout or even multiple lights.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

I saw this posted just across from Urban Agrarian. Anyone heard anything about this?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2420.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	4.54 MB 
ID:	17982

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I saw this posted just across from Urban Agrarian. Anyone heard anything about this?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2420.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	4.54 MB 
ID:	17982
    From upthread:

There is a new place going in called Atomic which features a DIY garage for motorcycles and a bar.

Not sure if it's the same people, but very similar to the Oki Moto project that was on Linwood.

Thread Information