Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chase Tower

Default Re: Chase Tower

I worked at Liberty tower from 1984 to 1993 and to me it will always be LIBERTY TOWER.

I wish someone would upgrade this tower, its a black box. Putting a new glass curtain wall facade would work wonders for the downtown skyline...

It's fine. It's okay to have architectural diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by modernism View Post
    I wish someone would upgrade this tower, its a black box. Putting a new glass curtain wall facade would work wonders for the downtown skyline...
    I think that it would be great if more (and better) lighting were added. It's quite a dark box at night (pretty much only the top of the building is lit). It could look much more vibrant looking in the evening.

Otherwise, it's fine. I like it.

How is the interior?

The interior finishes are fine. The lobby looks good, and the my tenant space is really nice. The building is currently remodeling the common space on my floor (hallway, bathrooms, etc.). They had some issues with the plumbing recently, but it seems to be taken care of now. Old Man Cotter is an interesting guy, but it's a fine building to be in.

If they would do a better job of keeping the neon on the roof working, I think the exterior would look fine. They have stopped using the down spot lights that were on the corners of the building. When the building was new, there was no neon, and the spotlights were all around the perimeter, which was a cool look.

Putting up a new facade would be a mistake. It's okay that the building looks like it was built in 1971.

7. Default Re: Chase Tower

I agree that the building façade is fine as is, just need to be consistent with the lighting or at least intensify the red aviation beacons on the top so that one can see there is a major building there at night. In fact, I wish Sandridge would get the red beacons on top as well.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Beacons would be nice. I do really wish they would just have all the neon working again. Right now, about 60% of it is on. Cotter's management is never in a hurry to do anything, though.

HangryHippo Guest

I'd like to see the white neon extended down the edges of the building, kind of like the green light building in Dallas. That'd make this tower really pop.

Can the city or anyone contact the owners of Chase to see if they could do something like this. I'd love to see some white neon lights framing the building. It would make the lifeless building pop and would be good PR and exposure for Chase! Somebody with connections, please get on this!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I'd like to see the white neon extended down the edges of the building, kind of like the green light building in Dallas. That'd make this tower really pop.
    Oh, that building?

Yes, that would certainly stand out. Maybe too much.

But check out the building in the middle of the photo, with the white vertical stripes.
    It even looks a bit like the Chase Tower. I'd be happy with something simple like that.

Quote Originally Posted by soondoc View Post
    Can the city or anyone contact the owners of Chase to see if they could do something like this. I'd love to see some white neon lights framing the building. It would make the lifeless building pop and would be good PR and exposure for Chase! Somebody with connections, please get on this!
    I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but the building would have to be sold before anything like that would happen. Anyone who has met Cotter knows he's "frugal." Chase has very little to do with the building.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusNYC View Post
    I agree that Chase Tower could use a facelift. I would not want it re-clad in the opaque blue glass that has become ubiquitous in current skyscraper design. So much of those buildings have been put up in cities like New York and Chicago that they're beginning to look like a hall of mirrors, where all the glass buildings reflect all the other glass buildings around them.
    I like the dark glass of the Chase Tower, but the vertical striping and the arched windows at the top are very dated. Strip those away and you could have an elegant, simple, refined building that would still keep the essence of the building's 1970s Internationalist style.
    A recent building that captures this esthetic is the Trump World Tower at the United Nations in New York.
    Chase Tower doesn't need refurbished or redone entirely. The only thing I would like to see is it's frame outlined in neon. That would look real cool at night especially since the building is otherwise one the poorest lit buildings in downtown.

So I have heard that the Chase logo may come down off the tower. Is that true?

In addition, if they are going to have the corner lights lit, they should make sure they are working properly on all sides of the building or just not light them at all. The past week or so it's looked kind of silly.

15. Default Re: Chase Tower

I would imaging it's quite an effort to change one, and that they probably don't keep spares on hand given their size. So when one goes out (and someone notices), I wouldn't be surprised if it's out for a week or two while things get coordinated.

Has anybody noticed that part of the LED lighting on the crown facing north is no longer working?

17. Default Re: Chase Tower

-surprise-
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

No, but I have noticed my office has been a brisk 62 degrees all week.

There are also two new windows out on the east side of the building. Not sure what happened. Glass was all over the sidewalk and it was blocked off with caution tape. I few weeks ago this happened on the south side on one of our floors. Secretary came in early and there was wind blowing through the office. The ceiling tiles, ac vents and a picture of the attorney's wife were sucked out of the window and never found.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chase tower window.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	519.6 KB 
ID:	10707

attorney's wife were sucked out of the window and never found.

love it

Quote Originally Posted by ksearls View Post
    There are also two new windows out on the east side of the building. Not sure what happened. Glass was all over the sidewalk and it was blocked off with caution tape. I few weeks ago this happened on the south side on one of our floors. Secretary came in early and there was wind blowing through the office. The ceiling tiles, ac vents and a picture of the attorney's wife were sucked out of the window and never found.
    Holy cow!

What the heck is happening there? Very, very dangerous to both occupants and people on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Holy cow!

What the heck is happening there? Very, very dangerous to both occupants and people on the street.
    The window in our office happened in the middle of the night when there was hail. Not sure what time of day the two on the east happened.

Earthquake damage?

Update from the building on the glass:

"Dear Cotter Tower Tenants,

I imagine many of you have noticed part of the east sidewalk has been blocked off. Tuesday night, two windows between the 6th & 7th floors were broken. We had two different companies take a look at them yesterday, but access to those windows from the interior or exterior of the building is difficult. For this reason, we may not have the windows secured until Friday. Please inform your employees and guests to avoid the area that has been coned off. We are working diligently to address the situation immediately."

I wish they would just turn off the LEDs at the crown until they can replace the portion that is burned out. It looks awful how it is now.

Thread Information