Widgets Magazine

Thread: Changes on Sooner

1. Default Changes on Sooner

Just a couple of things... didn't want to start a different thread for each one.

Holiday Inn Express.. new sign, new blue lights. Makes it look awesome.

Del City Chamber moving to empty gas station on 15th and Sooner Road, on the corner of WalMart.

OnCue to 29th and Sooner? Land was purchased by J2K2, LLC which is owned by Stephen James and the CFO of OnCue is Steve James and has the same address as OnCue Corporate...

That is all.

2. Default Re: Changes on Sooner

Del City Chamber? Corner of Walmart? I do not know why you are thinking this way. We have them recently moved to a location on 15th a bit more west.

Btw, Walmart has been fighting to get rid of the old gas station (at the time it was operated by Chinese people doing nails, blah blah blah) to put in their own new gas station.

Default Re: Changes on Sooner

The City of Del City moved their offices to the location you are talking about Thunder. The Del City Chamber of Commerce is a totally separate entity....

On Cue building at 29th and Sooner is confirmed.

5. Default Re: Changes on Sooner

So, the Chamber is moving into that awful building or building a new one? Weird location to have one. I wonder what Walmart will say to this.

The Chamber is doing a major remodel to that old building. THe Gas Canopy will be coming down and extensive landscaping going on there.
    In addition there will be a welcome center and business hub there.
    Walmart is ok with this. I talked to a chamber member named Griel

7. Default Re: Changes on Sooner

Looks like Del City is starting on the east end and working across to remodel the city. i like it.

The new Discount tire is also coming to Del CIty.
    Hot off the press

9. Default Re: Changes on Sooner

where is discount tire being built?

On Sooner road

11. Default Re: Changes on Sooner

Is it going to be near wild wings? It will be nice to drop of the vehicle and get lunch at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by graybilljeff@yahoo.com View Post
    Is it going to be near wild wings? It will be nice to drop of the vehicle and get lunch at the same time.
    Yes, across the bridge

13. Default Re: Changes on Sooner

That's pathetic. Why don't the city build a shopping center like MWC had on 29th?!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    That's pathetic. Why don't the city build a shopping center like MWC had on 29th?!
    I dont know.....its not my money, development or anything so I guess the developer decided since it was his money and development thats what he would do

15. Default Re: Changes on Sooner

There's a dumpster in front of the upcoming Del City CofC.

Perhaps because it's only two or so miles away?

17. Default Re: Changes on Sooner

For one, you'd have to attract businesses that aren't already in MWC or DC. There's no point in building a building just to move the store...that would actually mean a DECREASE in profit for the store because no matter where they are now, the new space on an interstate will have a higher rent. So it's up to the developer to attract new folks like 29th did. I'd rather see them take a little longer to get it done correctly, than to throw junk in there in a boring normal strip center.

We can also thank the economy tanking for the delays. Even though OKC had been holding that recession proof status, everywhere else wasn't, so corporations all over the country were having problems. Not exactlly the time to expand in a smaller market.

Build a Ted's.
    They will come.

19. Default Re: Changes on Sooner

Mmmmmmm ted's!!!

Del City Chamber? Corner of Walmart? I do not know why you are thinking this way. We have them recently moved to a location on 15th a bit more west.

Btw, Walmart has been fighting to get rid of the old gas station (at the time it was operated by Chinese people doing nails, blah blah blah) to put in their own new gas station.
    theres a gas station where women can go to get their nails done while getting gas?

It used to be a gas station then it closed and became a nail salon, and is now on its way to becoming the DC CoC.

Thread Information