Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 102

Thread: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

  1. #1

    Default U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    As if you needed more reason to vote on Tuesday:

    www.uscm2010.com

  2. #2

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    pretty exciting

  3. Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Look what all those mayors get to do!

    The Flaming Lips with the Oklahoma City Philharmonic
    Prepare yourself for the psychedelic and a multi-media concert extravaganza at the Cox Arena! The world-renowned alternative rock band, The Flaming Lips, will join with the Oklahoma City Philharmonic for the first time ever. Even within the eclectic world of alternative rock, few bands are as brave, so frequently brilliant, and as deliciously weird as the Flaming Lips. An acid-bubblegum band with as much affinity for sweet melodies as blistering noise assaults, their off-kilter sound has firmly established them as true originals.

  4. #4

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    This is very cool!

    I'm fairly excited about what will probably be Oklahoma's first presidential visit from President Obama as well.

    Mayor Cornett is a very cool guy and he projects a wonderful image for our city.

  5. #5

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCouch View Post
    As if you needed more reason to vote on Tuesday:

    www.uscm2010.com
    Everything but a date. When is this happening?

  6. Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by workman45 View Post
    Everything but a date. When is this happening?
    Look at the graphic. : )


  7. #7

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    This is very cool!

    I'm fairly excited about what will probably be Oklahoma's first presidential visit from President Obama as well.

    Mayor Cornett is a very cool guy and he projects a wonderful image for our city.
    Is an Obama visit a possibility?

  8. #8

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Is an Obama visit a possibility?
    The prez usually attends this conference, and Obama attended it last year.

  9. #9

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    All opinions aside, it will be very cool if Obama visits OKC. What an exciting summer we will have this year, construction all over the place and this going on, will be a good summer I think!

  10. #10

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    The prez usually attends this conference, and Obama attended it last year.
    Does the prez usually attend the annual meetings or are you confusing it with the winter meeting that is always held in D.C.? I know Senator Obama was in Miami in 2008 but don't think he was in Providence in '09.

    Doubt Obama will be in OKC if he recently addressed the conference of mayors in the winter meeting in January.

  11. #11

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    Does the prez usually attend the annual meetings or are you confusing it with the winter meeting that is always held in D.C.? I know Senator Obama was in Miami in 2008 but don't think he was in Providence in '09.

    Doubt Obama will be in OKC if he recently addressed the conference of mayors in the winter meeting in January.
    Unfortunately, I think you may be right. We should still issue an invitation anyway, and I'm sure Mayor Cornett will.

  12. #12

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Obama is a lock for the conference.

  13. #13

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Look at the graphic. : )

    Thanks Venture. If it had been a snake....

  14. Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Teaming the Lips up with the Philharmonic is GENIUS!

  15. #15

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    I hope Obama stays out of our city. We are doing just fine without his endorsements and good wishes.

  16. #16

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    I hope Obama stays out of our city. We are doing just fine without his endorsements and good wishes.
    You're joking, right?

    You are certainly free to hate his politics and views, but he's still the president, and this meeting will breed policies that will affect everyone who lives in a city, independent of what you think of Obama.

    I personally would have been disappointed if he had not came given the fact that municipal and urban challenges have a huge impact of national issues. But its good to hear he will be in OKC.

  17. Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Don't be so partisan! A presidential visit will make this event even bigger a publicity boost for OKC.

  18. #18

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    OKC has great momentum and it seems everything this guy touches dies. His healthcare bill cannot get passed, his cap and trade policies barely passed the house, he bid and lost for the Chicago Olympics, Copenhagen did absolutely nothing. I don't want OKC to be on this list.

    I don't mind if he comes as long as he doesn't try to push agendas and what not. Publicity yes, his long winded bland talking and boring speeches no.

  19. #19

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    But on the topic at hand, this convention/meeting sounds like it will be good for OKC. It will bring people in from other cities, boost our downtown/bricktown for a few weeks, as well as our transportation. OKC is on the map now, and our dot will continue to grow larger.

  20. #20

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    I hope Obama stays out of our city. We are doing just fine without his endorsements and good wishes.
    Ditto. God bless and keep Obama, far, far, from us.

  21. #21

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Don't be so partisan! A presidential visit will make this event even bigger a publicity boost for OKC.
    ^^^^well said!

  22. Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    This is the only city and state in the entire country where people would actually turn down a visit from our President of the United States. Don't be so hasty on political beliefs. Are we too good now? It seems we have a long path ahead of us yet.

  23. Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post
    This is the only city and state in the entire country where people would actually turn down a visit from our President of the United States. Don't be so hasty on political beliefs. Are we too good now? It seems we have a long path ahead of us yet.
    Naturally. Its pretty pathetic, but watch. In two months, Moore or some part of the metro is going to get rearranged into tiny pieces from another tornado and everyone will be thanking him for coming - or bitching that the President didn't visit a disaster zone. Perhaps all these yahoos should also tell the conference that they should ban any mayor from coming in who isn't a hard right conservative. There are going to be far more liberal people here than the President who will be sharing an agenda or pushing who things work for them in their cities.

    Some days I think brain development stops at an early age here, or they are handing out blinders in grade schools.

  24. #24

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Naturally. Its pretty pathetic, but watch. In two months, Moore or some part of the metro is going to get rearranged into tiny pieces from another tornado and everyone will be thanking him for coming - or bitching that the President didn't visit a disaster zone. Perhaps all these yahoos should also tell the conference that they should ban any mayor from coming in who isn't a hard right conservative. There are going to be far more liberal people here than the President who will be sharing an agenda or pushing who things work for them in their cities.

    Some days I think brain development stops at an early age here, or they are handing out blinders in grade schools.
    Brain development includes forming one's own opinion, which is what I have done. In this daunting task, which you think conservatives can't do, I have concluded that I do not like Obama, his policies, his rhetoric, or his transformational agenda. I'm glad my brain has developed enough to do this, and that I am not a molded creature that worships at the feet of Obama, and follows the Divine One, Obama, in continuing to attack those who do not agree.

    From one yahoo to another....

  25. #25

    Default Re: U.S. Conference of Mayors 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Naturally. Its pretty pathetic, but watch. In two months, Moore or some part of the metro is going to get rearranged into tiny pieces from another tornado and everyone will be thanking him for coming - or bitching that the President didn't visit a disaster zone. Perhaps all these yahoos should also tell the conference that they should ban any mayor from coming in who isn't a hard right conservative. There are going to be far more liberal people here than the President who will be sharing an agenda or pushing who things work for them in their cities.

    Some days I think brain development stops at an early age here, or they are handing out blinders in grade schools.
    Mayors are traditionally liberal but why would you wish for Moore to have a re-arrangement? Please don't permit the tornado to hit the Warren.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fallin for gov 2010
    By bretthexum in forum Politics
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 01:52 PM
  2. 2010 State of the City Address
    By zachnash in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 05:02 PM
  3. Mayor's State of the City Address January 15, 2009
    By FritterGirl in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 04:01 PM
  4. OKC nabs the Conference of Mayor's in 2010
    By Easy180 in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 08:35 AM
  5. OKC to host annual US Conference of Mayors in 2010
    By betts in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 04:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO