Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Capitol Hill Rockin Reunion"...graduates from all southside high schools

Default Re: "Capitol Hill Rockin Reunion"...graduates from all southside high schools

Hey everybody.... I'll be manning the SE High School tent ALL DAY Saturday (and from 10am-2pm on Sunday).... so stop by and see me!!!

~~~~~

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: "Capitol Hill Rockin Reunion"...graduates from all southside high schools

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerGirl26 View Post
    Hey everybody... I'll be manning the SE High School tent ALL DAY Saturday
    (and from 10am-2pm on Sunday)... so stop by and see me!
    ~~~~~
    Don't you mean womanning?

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    Don't you mean womanning?
    You just never know.... you'll have to stop by to see for yourself!! Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~

I just found out where the cars in the Car Show will be. Right out in front of Grill on the Hill on Commerce. As of this evening, there were only 18 cars in the show. There will be more registering in the morning. It isn't too late to enter. 8:00 - 10:00 AM. Just plop down your $20.00 and get a good parking space, a T-Shirt and a goodie bag.

I hope to see everyone out there in spite of the Heat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Girl View Post
    I just found out where the cars in the Car Show will be. Right out in front of Grill on the Hill on Commerce. As of this evening, there were only 18 cars in the show. There will be more registering in the morning. It isn't too late to enter. 8:00 - 10:00 AM. Just plop down your $20.00 and get a good parking space, a T-Shirt and a goodie bag.

I hope I get to leave my post for just a little bit and can come and see you tomorrow!!!

~~

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: "Capitol Hill Rockin Reunion"... graduates from all southside high schools

I'll be there! (said in my best Arnold Schwartenegger voice)

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: "Capitol Hill Rockin Reunion"... graduates from all southside high schools

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerGirl26 View Post
    You just never know... you'll have to stop by to see for yourself! Hahahaha!
    ~~~
    I'll be there to make sure! LOL! I've been personally placed to be in charge of
    making sure. Only experienced people are put in charge of making sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    I'll be there to make sure! LOL! I've been personally placed to be in charge of
    making sure. Only experienced people are put in charge of making sure.
    Looks like Prunepicker is our guy, SoonerGirl. I just hope he don't wear his apron or try to boss us around.

Prunepicker Guest

Looks like Prunepicker is our guy, SoonerGirl. I just hope he don't wear his
    apron or try to boss us around.
    Apron? Those are for women! Oooooooops. I mean we men. That's better.

Of course I'm your guy. Who else could stand you all? I mean who else
    would stand up for you all?

I think I'm digging a hole where the rain gets in... or is that fixing? See you
    tomorrow! This will be better than Coit's. Can't wait.

I hope ya'll have big fun.

I guess I am the first one back on here - but of course I am here to brag, and brag big!!! It was so much fun to be in the car show, especially after winning the Peoples Choice Award. It made my day and my week. First time I ever entered the car anywhere.

I got to meet Gen 70 and he happened to be married to a friend of mine I hadn't seen in about 47 years. I didn't remember it but she said I taught her how to drive a 3 speed in her boyfriend's car - a 64-1/2 brand new off the showroom floor maroon Mustang one of the first to arrive in OKC. Her boyfriend and my boyfriend were friends. It was brand new and I'll never forget how he would just gave me the keys - I was only 16 and I don't know what he was thinking. Never lost touch with him, just her. They both were there today.

Prunepicker and Sooner Girl and Papa OU and Gen 70 and Frisky and some others that go to Coits were there. I hope we get to do it again next year, in May, maybe it won't be so hot.

What kind of food did they have there?

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteHigh View Post
    What kind of food did they have there?
    Expensive.

Just kidding. Corn dogs, sundaes, corn dogs, cotton candy, corn dogs, some
    other stuff and of course corn dogs. Oh, diet Coke. Soonergirl26 had one.

Did I mention there were corn dogs? Well, there were. I'm on a diet and
    didn't have 10 or 11.

Prunepicker Guest

I guess I am the first one back on here - but of course I am here to brag,
    and brag big!!!
    It was so much fun to be in the car show, especially after
    winning the Peoples Choice Award. It made my day and my week. First time
    I ever entered the car anywhere.
    I'm so happy for you. Your ride is gorgeous. I told Ho Ho's daughter about it
    and she said, "is it red?". I asked if she knew you and she said, "No. Aren't
    all '65 Mustang fastbacks red?"

I guess I am the first one back on here - but of course I am here to brag, and brag big!!! It was so much fun to be in the car show, especially after winning the Peoples Choice Award. It made my day and my week. First time I ever entered the car anywhere.

I got to meet Gen 70 and he happened to be married to a friend of mine I hadn't seen in about 47 years. I didn't remember it but she said I taught her how to drive a 3 speed in her boyfriend's car - a 64-1/2 brand new off the showroom floor maroon Mustang one of the first to arrive in OKC. Her boyfriend and my boyfriend were friends. It was brand new and I'll never forget how he would just gave me the keys - I was only 16 and I don't know what he was thinking. Never lost touch with him, just her. They both were there today.

Prunepicker and Sooner Girl and Papa OU and Gen 70 and Frisky and some others that go to Coits were there. I hope we get to do it again next year, in May, maybe it won't be so hot.
    Is there another gen70 running around southside OKC? I have been here in N.C. all day.

Was there a good turn out for the event?

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    For a first time event it was pretty darn good. There were quite a few artists
    and venders. The car show had about 15 or 20 cars. A couple were really
    great but Tall Girls '65 Mustang blew them away.

It always takes a few years to get things rolling but this was really good. I
    think it will be better every year

She meant me. She went to Capitol Hill, ya know.

19. Default Re: "Capitol Hill Rockin Reunion"...graduates from all southside high schools

What's you guys' (gender neutral guys, that is) take on what was said in this thread: http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-are...l-reunion.html ... any merit to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    What's you guys' (gender neutral guys, that is) take on what was said in this thread: http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-are...l-reunion.html ... any merit to it?
    I responded on that thread just now, Doug. I was there for 5 hrs and saw NOTHING negative happen. I was sad at the low turnout and it's primary cause ( I would imagine ) the searing heat. Today will hopefully be better as I am going back after awhile.

21. Default Re: "Capitol Hill Rockin Reunion"...graduates from all southside high schools

According to what JTL just posted in the other thread, the trouble he described began shortly after 3 p.m.

Has anybody seen or heard from General64?

According to what JTL just posted in the other thread, the trouble he described began shortly after 3 p.m.
    Have just returned from Capitol Hill having spoken with artists, law enforcement, and people I am friends with. All say the claim is bogus. Seems that the only problem yesterday was the same as most summer events: dehydration!

I stand by my claim that the comments are from someone who has a hidden agenda. Is he the only witness?

Has anybody seen or heard from General64?
    I have! He said he had been vacationing! I think I need to call him!!

Doug, I talked to the promoters and told them about this. They said it was probably started by the food vendor who didn't want to pay his bill. I did not press them for details.

Thread Information