Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Creek proposed apartments?

Default Coffee Creek proposed apartments?

Has there been any recent news on this? I know a lot of the CC residents were up in arms over it, is it still moving forward?

2. Default Re: Coffee Creek proposed apartments?

I live in Coffee Creek but haven't heard much after the big fuss. Last I heard it's on - just going to have residents work with developer on the size, etc

Default Re: Coffee Creek proposed apartments?

Well, didn't the CC residents set it on fire a few months ago?

Those were different ones, I imagine they will do the same once these are almost complete.

5. Default Re: Coffee Creek proposed apartments?

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    Those were different ones, I imagine they will do the same once these are almost complete.
    LOL... Yeah some people are taking this waayyy too seriously. They act like these apartments are going to be section 8 or something

all apartments turn to section 8 housing eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    all apartments turn to section 8 housing eventually
    Absolutely false, my uncle owns a company that manages several apartment's in and around OKC, some are 15--20 years and do not/never have, accepted section8.

Well, I went ahead and made an offer on a house in CC anyways, the apartments were my only hesitation. The house is far enough away that it won't be too much of a problem, at least I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Absolutely false, my uncle owns a company that manages several apartment's in and around OKC, some are 15--20 years and do not/never have, accepted section8.
    Give them enough time, and they almost all do.

Give them enough time, and they almost all do.
    Wrong again!

Quote Originally Posted by fredfredburger View Post
    Well, didn't the CC residents set it on fire a few months ago?
    Lol.

Wrong again!
    Really? Look all over OKC at all the nice apartments of the 60's and 70's and a lot of them are now section 8. NW OKC/Bethany area is riddled with them.

Really? Look all over OKC at all the nice apartments of the 60's and 70's and a lot of them are now section 8. NW OKC/Bethany area is riddled with them.
    The comment was "eventually all apartments go section 8", which is absolutely 100% false.

I still stand by my statement that almost all do, which you said was false.

apartments have turned the quaint town of Bethany into a town you don't even want to drive thru

ask the Edmond police how much crime goes on at even the "new" apartments in Edmond, they'll give you the straight truth. Apartments do not bring a good element into a town. And yes eventually most of them do turn to sec 8 housing.

Yeah, and probably a number of those apartment complexes go by some nick name that isn't too pretty as in "Murder North" in Stillwater.

MY MY, what a bunch of elitist we have here.

Ok first of all I agree with rcjunkie, most of you in here are incorrect. Apartment complex value is based on location, has nothing to do with it being an apartment complex. If you put apartments in a dumpy area as Bethany clearly always has been. Guess what, apartments get dumpy as well. If you look at many apartment complexes in nice areas of OKC that were built in the 70's and 80's they are clean and well taken care of and do not accept section 8.

Nothin' wrong with that.

Is it really immoral to want to live around people who care about the aesthetics of their property and the comfort of their neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Nothin' wrong with that.

Is it really immoral to want to live around people who care about the aesthetics of their property and the comfort of their neighbors?
    I have a problem with people who think they are too good for a apartment community to built near their homes. Give me a break, new homes in Edmond are a dime a dozen and most our shoddy quality. 2 reasons to live in Edmond, CHEAP NEW HOUSE, and WHITE SCHOOLS. I am sorry but I have no sympathy for suburbs. Don’t get me started on the high end houses in Edmond, have toured them and have friends that live in them. Unimpressed.

Would you love to live in an apartment complex nicknamed "Murder North"?

It seems to me that one reason a lot of apartment communities go downhill is that there are too many of them built at once and they are built on the cheap with the mindset that they exist only as starter options for those that can't afford a house. When there us more supply than demand, people will gravitate to the nicer options and the "lesser" ones will go downhill. In some cities, there does exist a handful of high end apartment options geared towards people with money who just for whatever reason don't want to buy. Maybe they just need a place for a year, etc. If the CC apartments are expensive, well maintained and most importantly the only ones built in that area, there's no reason they can't stay nice. There is a gated complex at Britton and Lake Hefner Parkway that has been a desirable stopping off point since at least the 80s.

The Villas at Brentwood

This is what I'm talking about. Have had numerous friends that have lived here over the years and it's a perfectly acceptable alternative to owning for those with some means. Some high-end neighborhoods are steps away from this complex and the influx of young, educated people has been seen an asset to the community.

Dallas is another example Full of Nice apartments, most are 3-4 times nicer than even the nicest complex here in OKC. Most our well desired areas, I mean take a look at the uptown and highland park are, the most expensive area's in Dallas, full of high end apartments. Many young professionals don't care to own. They don't want the responsibility or the lock down. One of my best friend's in Dallas, is making 90k a year, and he’s been renting for years and he is totally comfortable with that. He told me, I have an apartment in uptown with a private garage, granite, exotic wood flooring, high end stainless steel, and glass tiled bathroom, do you know how much it would cost for me to buy this in uptown? I will just stay renting.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Nothin' wrong with that.

For every elitist that doesn't want apartments in their neighborhood, you could probably find an apartment renter that doesn't want some well to do snob building an over sized house next to their apartment complex.

Thread Information