Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Republic

Default Re: Republic

I have to wonder if the lack of parking doomed this location.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    You forgot your [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags...

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    probably fair to assume that the average barbecue savánt in Oklahoma is not particularly interested in circling the Plaza District in a hunt for a parking space

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    probably fair to assume that the average barbecue savánt in Oklahoma is not particularly interested in circling the Plaza District in a hunt for a parking space

republic was a bbq place?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    I would assume you are getting Republic and Maples confused?

Oddly, Maples might have done well in the Republic spot and something like a Republic Too would have worked at the Maples spot.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I would assume you are getting Republic and Maples confused?
    i thought GG was talking about Maples. i don’t patronize Chisholm Creek (because of a longstanding feud with the Rainbolt-Ward Mafia), but the development doesn’t suffer from a lack of parking.

I think there is some sarcasm here stemming from the Maples thread where people blamed the lack of parking on their closing (despite the incredible success of neighbor restaurants with the same parking situation).

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    Oddly, Maples might have done well in the Republic spot and something like a Republic Too would have worked at the Maples spot.
    I'm now interested in the cost of renting per sq ft in the plaza vs Chisholm Creek. Republic CC was unnecessary huge. I can't imagine it was ever at capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I'm now interested in the cost of renting per sq ft in the plaza vs Chisholm Creek. Republic CC was unnecessary huge. I can't imagine it was ever at capacity
    i bet it was smaller than chalk

We don't go to the plaza district simply because of the lack of parking. Been frustrated too many times. One time I tried to pull into a parking spot on the street and some a-hole stood there right in the middle of the parking spot and yelled at me that he was holding the spot for a friend. Then he proceeded to just look at his cell phone and ignore me. I wasn't going to bother as in that moment I decided it was the last time I was going to go down there. Not ridiculing it, it's a neat area, but not so neat that we're going to mess with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i bet it was smaller than chalk
    Cursory google search indicates they're both ~7500 feet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    We don't go to the plaza district simply because of the lack of parking. Been frustrated too many times. One time I tried to pull into a parking spot on the street and some a-hole stood there right in the middle of the parking spot and yelled at me that he was holding the spot for a friend. Then he proceeded to just look at his cell phone and ignore me. I wasn't going to bother as in that moment I decided it was the last time I was going to go down there. Not ridiculing it, it's a neat area, but not so neat that we're going to mess with that.
    Like Yogi Berra said, ‘it’s so busy, nobody goes there anymore!’

Thread Information