Links:
    Official Website
    Menu
    Facebook Page
    Yelp
    Urban Spoon

Information & Latest News

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	republic3.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	5921   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	republic4.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	5922   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	republic5.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	5923  

Default Re: Republic

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post

The gastropub focuses on American craft beers, offering 100 brews on tap, 200-plus beers by the bottle, and a chef-driven menu.
    Tuck, Are you going to have any Bell's Brewery beers? I am a big fan of the Oberon Ale.

Yeah, bring in some Dogfish Head while you’re at it. LOL If they’ve got the power to bring in beers I bet we could make a list! Bells is a good place to start though….. add Expedition Stout and Kalamazoo Stout!

I drink more than my share of craft beer. It’s one of my few luxuries in life. I recently found out that McNellies has been serving 14oz ‘pints’ in ‘cheater glasses’ and I’m not really happy to hear of it. I read an e-mail response from the owner to a fellow Beeradvocate.com member stating that there were taxes involved in Oklahoma that cut profits bla, bla, bla…… I don’t know man. If I’m paying out five to six bucks for a pint – I’d like to get a ‘honest pint.’ They aren’t the only ones doing it to be fair. It’s a trend that more and more establishments are picking up. The glasses look just like regular pint glasses, but the glass at the bottom is thicker.

A Pint-Size Problem - WSJ.com

Beyond that gripe I welcome a new beer bar to the City! Fingers crossed they will serve ‘honest pints!’

4. Default Re: Republic

I'm pretty sure Iguana Grill has those cheater glasses, too. I love going there, go a few times a month, but never order draft beer because of it.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t still go to McNellies, but I might request a full 16oz glass next time. Their website does say to come in to share a ‘pint’ even though the beer menu is vague with only imperial pints and the much smaller servings being specifically noted.

I appreciate McNellies being open, but I’m disappointed to learn they have been serving me in ‘cheater glasses’ all along.

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    Tuck, Are you going to have any Bell's Brewery beers? I am a big fan of the Oberon Ale.
    You from Michigan? I had an Oberon last weekend when I was up visiting family. Mmmm...

It would be great to have some Michigan brews here. Please!!!

Cheater glasses for beer. Sounds like they're doing ya a favor almost. After all, even better quality beer is still, well, beer.

8. Default Re: Republic

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Cheater glasses for beer. Sounds like they're doing ya a favor almost. After all, even better quality beer is still, well, beer.
    ????

all beer is not equal. nor wine. nor coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    You from Michigan? I had an Oberon last weekend when I was up visiting family. Mmmm...

It would be great to have some Michigan brews here. Please!!!
    No, not from Michigan. Me and the Oberon became friends during a 5 hour flight delay at the Detroit airport.

Gastro-bump. Any news here?

Facebook page says opening in March I think.......

60 days out at Feb 4th

Things are moving along very nice. Should be open late March...check out our FB page here:

Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

Are you sure ? Why did I hear February before? Seems like its taking forever for you to open. I've also heard April.

From their facebook page:

Website and menu is up. Can't wait to try GEG new concept!

REPUBLIC

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Website and menu is up. Can't wait to try GEG new concept!

REPUBLIC
    A very nice list of beers on tap! I hope they do not end up like TapWerks and mainly have "out-of-that" on tap...

Quote Originally Posted by jstaylor62 View Post
    A very nice list of beers on tap! I hope they do not end up like TapWerks and mainly have "out-of-that" on tap...
    Not a chance!

Looks great! I am excited about the food menu... although I am sure there will be lots of questions when I arrive for the first time, likely in April.

20. Default Re: Republic

Had the opportunity to eat there today - awesome! I'm looking forward to eating there often!

Vermont white cheese and ale soup is calling my name.

Same here. I was fortunate enough to get on a test run for lunch on Friday. All I can say is that it exceeded my expectations. I knew GEG would do a pre-opening much better than most. If not the, one of the nicest, semi-casual restaurant in OKC. The finishes were outstanding, almost Vegas caliber.

We split a couple appetizers as well as our entrees within my group, the truffle potato skins are amazing! We also had the scotch egg. I had the RePUBlic burger with a side of fondue mac and beer bratwurst and they were awesome! My wife had the fish and chips, which I must say are the best I've ever had anywhere! I've been dying to find a good fish and chips, I was hoping McNellies would have solved that, but they didn't.

The other two in my party got the filet and the pulled chicken sandwich. The filet was great and the pulled chicken sandwich was as well (however not my fav since pulled chicken really isn't my thing).

We finished it off by splitting an order of MiMi's donuts that come with 3 dipping sauces. They were amazing. This is definitely a gastro-pub with man food.

Restrooms even have flat panel tv's mounted in the wall above the urinals. Sports everywhere!

The only bad thing I have to say is that my heart isn't going to thank me for all the rich food.

Everyone that's eaten there has crapped their pants on my twitter.

I'm planning on going tonight, unless it's wait listed...which it probably will be.

24. Default Re: Republic

The menu is one that looks like you could start at the top and just go down the list ordering!

It is...

Thread Information