Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Republic

Default Re: Republic

This makes me mad that you can't be at two places at once.

Chisholm Creek is going to provide plenty of reasons even for the most devout urbanistas to start hitting Memorial Road.

There are two other local restaurant groups I know of who will soon be announcing equally ambitious concepts for this project.

Plus, it will certainly draw several new-to-market restaurants and retailers.

3. Default Re: Republic

Ruth's Chris? McCormick and Schmicks? am I warm?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Chisholm Creek is going to provide plenty of reasons even for the most devout urbanistas to start hitting Memorial Road.

There are two other local restaurant groups I know of who will soon be announcing equally ambitious concepts for this project.

Plus, it will certainly draw several new-to-market restaurants and retailers.
    It would have to be out of this world unique and amazing to get me up there. Too many wonderful options within walking or light driving for me. Ruth's Chris is no draw when we have Red and Broadway Ten.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    It would have to be out of this world unique and amazing to get me up there. Too many wonderful options within walking or light driving for me. Ruth's Chris is no draw when we have Red and Broadway Ten.
    I agree. The steak market in OKC is saturated with great local options. Ruth's Chris isn't needed in my opinion. Now an upscale seafood restaurant like McCormick & Schmicks would be very welcome.

6. Default Re: Republic

I only said Ruth's because it has been long rumored and they have taken a LONGGGGG time to find a spot.

I'd also like M&S but I want it in CC or downtown somewhere (like Century Center would have been a super spot)..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Like clockwork, I knew I could expect a post like this from you here.

I'm just glad we're getting good local options at Chisholm Creek. The national chains I expect at this place are the higher end ones.

Hopefully Good Egg does an Iron Star concept at Chisholm Creek - that would be awesome.

I hope they soon announce something that is different

Man, I just love this place.

There are so many bars and restaurants within walking distance for me that I don't head up to Classen Curve that often, but every time I do I'm rewarded for the drive.

Gorgeous space, fantastic service, huge beer list and everything I've ever eaten there has been wonderful.

Tonight, I had this open-faced pastrami sandwich which was a special, along with a side of mac and cheese. Both were amazing.

No wonder by the time I left at 8PM on a Tuesday night there were actually a few people waiting. They deserve every bit of business they get.

Republic is a great concept executed to perfection. I've never had a bad experience there. The Republic Burger is the best burger there is in my opinion.

Not sure about the "best burger", but everything I have had was excellent. I really enjoyed the pastrami. But, maybe it is the "best" burger. To be fair, I should mention that I haven't been there in over a year. Waiting on my friend from London to come over and I will give their burger another try. No, I love the pastrami!
    C. T.

Of all things, I'm very partial to their meatloaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Man, I just love this place.

There are so many bars and restaurants within walking distance for me that I don't head up to Classen Curve that often, but every time I do I'm rewarded for the drive.

Gorgeous space, fantastic service, huge beer list and everything I've ever eaten there has been wonderful.

Tonight, I had this open-faced pastrami sandwich which was a special, along with a side of mac and cheese. Both were amazing.

No wonder by the time I left at 8PM on a Tuesday night there were actually a few people waiting. They deserve every bit of business they get.
    Pretty sad we don't have a Republic in the old Greyhound Station. We have trouble going north of 23rd to eat.

Pretty sad we don't have a Republic in the old Greyhound Station. We have trouble going north of 23rd to eat.
    Speaking of, last night I ate at The Grey -- a converted Greyhound station in Savannah, Georgia. The space resembles the Greyhound Station in OKC in many ways and it is an absolutely incredible space. So disappointing that OKC tore theirs down as I have no doubt it could have been one of the more unique places in the city if renovated. Here's more on The Grey: The Grey Is Now Open in Savannah's Old Greyhound Bus Terminal - Eater Atlanta

16. Default Re: Republic

Pete, I can't believe you got to try their Open Faced Pastrami special! I almost changed my entire plans once I saw them post that on social media yesterday. So jealous.

It was sublime:

I have a very hard time straying away from their meatloaf with a side of the mac & cheese every time I eat there. I've not entirely certain I've ever tried anything else, to be honest.

Do they still play the audio for the thunder games?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    Do they still play the audio for the thunder games?
    Yes. The game was on when I was there last night.

Awesome place to watch games. I'll try the pastrami when I go there again. I usually found the atmosphere better than the food.

22. Default Re: Republic

They don't usually have pastrami, but their Reuben sandwich is my go to. Their pulled chicken sandwich with fresh jalapenos added is really good too.

So for someone who actively avoids sports bars (I just don't do sports), I've thought that I probably shouldn't try them even though their food sounds great - is that a correct assumption (yes, I know they're not *really* a sports bar, but from what I've read with all the TVs they have tuned to all kinds of sports, they are kind of one, IMO)?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I have a very hard time straying away from their meatloaf with a side of the mac & cheese every time I eat there. I've not entirely certain I've ever tried anything else, to be honest.
    Their mac & cheese is a meal unto itself and perhaps the best in town.

Once I finally had the willpower to stop ordering the meatloaf, I've found almost everything else they have is equally good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    So for someone who actively avoids sports bars (I just don't do sports), I've thought that I probably shouldn't try them even though their food sounds great - is that a correct assumption (yes, I know they're not *really* a sports bar, but from what I've read with all the TVs they have tuned to all kinds of sports, they are kind of one, IMO)?
    The TVs aren't really in-your-face, and often I've actually had a hard time watching if I don't get a well-placed table. It's easy to ignore watching the tvs...

Thread Information