Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Republic

Default Re: Republic

I havent heard or seen them showing any UFC. In my opinion its not really a UFC place.

Ate there a while back. Really loved the architecture and atmosphere of the place; thought the outside seating with TVs was cool. I liked the vision of your food and drinks. The cocktails were unique. The fish tartar to me was trying to be something akin to a California-fusion type plate, which has become a very popular style of food these last few years, and the fried egg and bacon was a clear harkening to British cuisine. Things that might improve: I was not wild about the temperature that the fish tartar was served at. Also I thought that the guacamole-style sauce that it was served with was quite interesting and unique, but I wonder if a pairing of some sort of horseradish/wasabi-based sauce might be a better mix? Maybe plate with both the avocado and a wasabi sauce so that serving with chips still makes sense? Just a suggestion. Loved the British Egg. Sadly my Oklahoma side wondered what it would be like drenched in ranch. Don't tell the chef. :-)

Scotch Egg.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Scotch Egg.
    Those are damn good at Dan McGuinness as well

Finally visited this place Thursday evening. Very loud, very Abercrombie. Did not stay.

Quote Originally Posted by bornhere View Post
    Very loud
    ....it's a pub??

A couple of weeks ago I had the meatloaf and it was sublime!

The meat itself was not super dense as you often find, had a great flavor and was wrapped in a strip of bacon.

Everything I've had there is very good but this is perhaps my favorite thing thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Scotch Egg.
    I was REALLY worried you wouldn't be here to correct him.

Quote Originally Posted by bornhere View Post
    Finally visited this place Thursday evening. Very loud, very Abercrombie. Did not stay.
    I grew up in Tulsa and even lived on brookside during my mid twenties - but i thought the same thing, excellent food but just a little too 'trendy' for me to go to there very often.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I was REALLY worried you wouldn't be here to correct him.
    Thankfully you caught it 2 YEARS later....

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I had the meatloaf and it was sublime!

The meat itself was not super dense as you often find, had a great flavor and was wrapped in a strip of bacon.

Everything I've had there is very good but this is perhaps my favorite thing thus far.
    I've had a really crappy week. My day started yesterday and when I got off work I decided to eat here. Now I'll admit the Shiner was cold and went down well. I guess I wanted something to complain about so I ordered the meatloaf, I HATE MEATLOAF! Of course I've been surprised here by the food before but I wasn't expecting anything to change my mind about MEATLOAF. I now have to admit after 53 years I've found a place that makes good meatloaf! Amazing how many shoot at the target and completely miss the mark.

Their meatloaf really is awesome. It's my favorite item on their menu.

Yep, I love their meatloaf as well.

And also Redrock Canyon has a very good version as well.

14. Default Re: Republic

Pretty cool thing happened yesterday that I thought I would share:

RePUBlic posted their daily special on social media. It was a fried salami sandwich with grilled onions, jalapeno aioli and melted gouda on a french roll. It looked amazing. I instantly tweeted back to them including my wife saying "we might have to go to @RePUBlicOKC even though we're on this diet thing." RePUBlic and I went back and forth a few times. They were saying to let them know what diet I am on and they could create something just for me. Pretty cool response if you ask me.

Anyways, we end up going there later that night. I ordered it. When it came out I took a picture of it and then went to town. It was amazing. As soon as I was finished, I replied back on Twitter (picture included) saying that they had won but it was worth every bite. After we tab out, the manager walks over to us and asks if I was John Knight. Upon answering yes, he introduced himself and said wanted to comp our meal but was too late. Instead, he gave us a $50 gift card which was $10 more than our tab. We talked for about five minutes as I expressed my gratitude.

It was such a cool experience. I am glad that a place like RePUBlic has such great management. RePUBlic is my favorite place to eat/drink in the entire metro and now I want to support them even more.

That is some great customer service. Businesses that actively monitor social media always have a better reputation. Thanks for sharing the story.

I have always had great customer experience here. On occasion their hot onion bacon dip turns out like a pile of grease, everytime the manager comps the entire meal including drinks.

17. Default Re: Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    That is some great customer service. Businesses that actively monitor social media always have a better reputation. Thanks for sharing the story.
    I agree. Social media should be utilized by most businesses, especially if your in the field of hospitality.

John, I appreciate you sharing your story. We do our best with Social Media; it's an ever-growing part of our business.

19. Default Re: Republic

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    John, I appreciate you sharing your story. We do our best with Social Media; it's an ever-growing part of our business.
    My pleasure Tuck. Good Egg does a great job and is a big part of what makes dining in OKC so enjoyable. I will continue to support you guys and thanks again for the generosity last night.

BTW, I cannot wait for The Drake!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Just want to add that I bitched about an off-day at Iron Starr in the Worst Restaurant Service thread a while back (because it was unusual for them to be so bad, they're usually pretty good), and they contacted me privately and made it right, so yeah, agreed, Good Egg's customer service rocks! Contrast that to S&B, which I bitched about (misleading ingredients in a special monthly burger, drink made wrong, etc.) while in the restaurant to the server and manager and online (because I wasn't sure if the manager actually did anything about it), and they didn't comp anything except one drink and one sandwich, and never sent the gift card they promised to (I didn't ask for one, they offered).

23 members of my family had dinner at Iron Starr the Saturday after Christmas. The place was packed. We couldn't have had better service, 3 different waiters were helping and the food was excellent.

Omgomgomgomg! Yes!

7,500 square feet! Plus a huge outdoor area!

The Classen Curve location is only 4,888 SF with a smallish patio.

This is going to be about twice that size, on two levels.

Wow awesome.

Thread Information