Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic

Default Re: Republic

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Pearls Lakeside? Thats the one I was referencing. Its gone? Bizarre. I could have sworn I saw it open while at Mama Rojas.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    I think metro is probably referencing the 63rd & Classen location.
    Correct, he said the old location, after talking about Graveside, the original location on 63rd moved to Graveside. Pearl's Lakeside was later changed to just Lakeside a long time ago.

Finally made it for lunch this afternoon. Got there around 11:15. There was no wait whatsoever. Got the appetizer out real quick. We had potato skins, which were excellent.

We both ordered sandwiches and no sides. I swear it must have taken 45 minutes to get our order. That's a dealbreaker for me during the lunch hour. I start my afternoon early, and was fortunate not to have had anyone scheduled early this afternoon.

I had a beef tenderloin sandwich, it was great. My only complaint is that the bread was of a consistency which seemed to have the same effect on my mouth as dry Captain Crunch cereal--kind of left it feeling a tad bit mutilated. This wasn't an issue as I simply at the sandwich open-faced and it was fine. My friend got a reuben. It looked great. Only complaint was that along with whatever meat comes on that (corned beef?), he got a piece of pure fat. That was a tad on the disgusting side.

I'll be back for happy hour sometime, but not for lunch unless I hear they do something about their ridiculously slow kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Finally made it for lunch this afternoon. Got there around 11:15. There was no wait whatsoever. Got the appetizer out real quick. We had potato skins, which were excellent.

We both ordered sandwiches and no sides. I swear it must have taken 45 minutes to get our order. That's a dealbreaker for me during the lunch hour. I start my afternoon early, and was fortunate not to have had anyone scheduled early this afternoon.

I had a beef tenderloin sandwich, it was great. My only complaint is that the bread was of a consistency which seemed to have the same effect on my mouth as dry Captain Crunch cereal--kind of left it feeling a tad bit mutilated. This wasn't an issue as I simply at the sandwich open-faced and it was fine. My friend got a reuben. It looked great. Only complaint was that along with whatever meat comes on that (corned beef?), he got a piece of pure fat. That was a tad on the disgusting side.

I'll be back for happy hour sometime, but not for lunch unless I hear they do something about their ridiculously slow kitchen.
    Sorry for the wait times....no excuse here. Did it take 45 minutes to get your entrees from time of order or from the time your app was finished? IMO, it's hard to get in and out of any place when having an app as well as a main course. Prolly should have brought all courses at once. FYI..the Pork Belly Rueben has pork belly on it as well as a housemade saurkraut.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Sorry for the wait times....no excuse here. Did it take 45 minutes to get your entrees from time of order or from the time your app was finished? IMO, it's hard to get in and out of any place when having an app as well as a main course. Prolly should have brought all courses at once. FYI..the Pork Belly Rueben has pork belly on it as well as a housemade saurkraut.
    App was out quick. The entrée took forever it seemed. The Reuben looked superb. The food was wonderful. The long stretch of time was between receiving the app and later the entrée.

Yeah, the Reuben looks like it's probably one of, not the best in town. No doubt the ingredients are top-notch.

If I try y'all for lunch again, which is a substantial certainty, I'll be letting the server know that we're in a hurry.

5. Default Re: Republic

I have been wanting to try pork belly, after seeing it on so many shows like Top Chef...seems to be a popular ingredient these days.
    Still corrupting young minds

i've tried the piggy-back burger and i've got to say that i was underwhelmed with the pork belly. to me, the taste and texture were just way off.

i've also had the fish and chips, which was quite tasty. i love the atmosphere and will definitely have to go back and try some of the other offerings.

-M

I have a complaint about Republic. Ive gone there numerous times since it has opened and a few of them have been for big sporting events. On some of these big events they have had some of their bigger tables empty and reserved, yet they dont take reservations. The hostess told me that they were reserved by the manager. I suppose a restaurant can do as it pleases but I dont like the fact that they dont take reservations yet they do for certain privileged, in-the-know folks. I cant say I like this policy. I say if you are going to reserve tables for big events then just openly advertise it and charge people for a reservation. Say someone wants to have a table for the super bowl, just charge them $100 or whatever to hold it. I just dont like the we-dont-take-reservations-unless-you-are-special policy.

I went there last night and had a great meal. I have put off going even though I love all of the other Good Egg restaurants since I am a vegetarian and the menu does not look veggie friendly. Our waitress gave me some great suggestions on how to change a few of the menu items to make them vegetarian and they were delicious. Will definitely go back.

I love this restaurant. They have outstanding beer and the pretzel is fantasic. I only have one complaint...TURN DOWN THE MUSIC. We went last night with some old friends I had not seen in quite some time and could barely talk to them. The music is too loud. Maybe I'm just old but I don't care to scream at people over dinner. Other than that, great place!

10. Default Re: Republic

Alrighty .... so, has anyone had the chance to enjoy a Thunder game on the big screen at Republic? I can only imagine it's got to be one of the best views in town.

Ummm ok... Well just wanted to say congrats to Republic it seems to be doing fantastic, so fantastic that the wife and I went up there the other day to enjoy a drink and dinner and were told it would be an hour and a half wait! Damn! No biggie we just went to Iron Starr! But wow that's awesome news for you guys.

I took one of my friends from out of town there a few weekends ago, and loved it. The donut dessert was AMAZING.

13. Default Re: Republic

Went here for the first time today...great atmosphere and one that is unique to OKC, very modern and sleek. The service was great, the number of televisions was crazy (must be a great place to watch a Thunder game), and my Republic burger was incredible! It was one of the best burgers I have ever had and the best I have had in the area since I moved here a year ago. I can't wait to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkTransplant View Post
    I took one of my friends from out of town there a few weekends ago, and loved it. The donut dessert was AMAZING.

the doughnuts are AMAZING!

We appreciate all of the support. Please let me know personally if any of you have comments, questions or concerns.

Hopefully the server suggested the Open-Faced BLT...minus the "B" of course. That's a favorite of most!

That is exactly what she suggested and I went with her suggestion. Definitely delish.

18. Default Re: Republic

Tuck, I'm not sure how closely you've followed this thread, but I'm curious: do you have special seating for crazy people?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Tuck, I'm not sure how closely you've followed this thread, but I'm curious: do you have special seating for crazy people?
    Yes, that seating is very special. The service is horrible, the food is bad and expensive, all views and conversation will irritate you. Do you know someone who needs a reservation?

20. Default Re: Republic

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Yes, that seating is very special. The service is horrible, the food is bad and expensive, all views and conversation will irritate you. Do you know someone who needs a reservation?
    Sally Kern.

21. Default Re: Republic

Tuck, this is why I like you. Nice return on the joke. Still haven't gotten to Republic post opening, but will soon!

22. Default Re: Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Tuck, this is why I like you. Nice return on the joke. Still haven't gotten to Republic post opening, but will soon!
    Get there Steve. If you're in the mood for something heavier, get those fish and chips! It's a lot of food, but it's worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    I have been wanting to try pork belly, after seeing it on so many shows like Top Chef...seems to be a popular ingredient these days.
    Been popular for decades. Pork Belly = Bacon (before smoking or curing tho)

Does anyone know if they host UFC there? I liked the look of the place, but most small places won't pay the fee to show it.

I don't know. However, I was there last night for dinner and the service was very poor. This surprised me, because I have been there many, many times, and have had excellent service most visitst. I would come back, but I would have a different server; he did not do his job right.

Thread Information