Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Concerned Oklahomans form Oklahomans Against CAIR Hate

Default CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!

Consider attending a "Town Hall" meeting organized by CAIR-OK to push forward their anti-airport profiling agenda tonight in Moore, Oklahoma at Melody Hall, 2280 North Broadway St. at 7 PM. CAIR chapters all across the country will try to get as many liberals to join with them on their cause.

5th District Congressional candidate Kevin Calvey called for a civil protest at this townhall meeting. Plan to arrive early to let your views been known on terrorism since CAIR doesn't seem to get it.

CAIR, was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation Hamas terror funding trial for their relationship, either now or in the past, to the Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamist supremacist global organization and/or Hamas. Their efforts to remove their names from this list failed! This is the reason why the FBI broke of their relationship with CAIR. The only letter made public by the FBI on this split specifically named CAIR-OK.

Razi Hashmi, the director of CAIR-OK actually shilled for Hamas last Janaury in a NewsOK article!

Be at the townhall if you can.

Thanks

CAIR OK press release:

http://www.cair.com/ArticleDetails.a...ge=1&&Active=1

More information on CAIR-OK:

http://ztruth.typepad.com/ztruth/cair-oklahoma/

UPDATE 10:42 AM: More information: CAIR-Oklahoma is a chapter of the Council of American Islamic Relations which is based in Washington, D.C. CAIR is a very controversial Islamic organization with years of history and documentations. They have been linked to the Muslim Brotherhood in federal court documents. You would need to spend hours studying all the data. I suggest everyone take the time to do some research.

I did provide links to other posts about CAIR-OK that provides information about this organization here in Oklahoma. Reading them might help.

I suspect CAIR doesn't like the latest profiling of citizens coming to American from Islamic countries that was put in place after the "underwear" bomber's bomb failed to explode aboard a jet on Christmas Day. Their press release provdes more information you should read. CAIR claims more profiling like this is a victory for terrorists!

Here's the link to Hashmi's quote at NEWSOK shilling for Hamas. It is under the video.

http://newsok.com/group-protests-gaz...rticle/3335645

Here's the letter from the FBI in Oklahoma:

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/cair_letter.pdf
    Last edited by Major; 01-15-2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Update

Default Re: CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!

OK, with all of your inside references, I don't have a clue to what you're talking about. Who/What is "CAIR-OK?" What's "anti-airport profiling?" The FBI had a "relationship" with a conspiring organization in a terror trial? What "letter" are you talking about?

Isn't there a separate forum for unintelligible threads?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    Isn't there a separate forum for unintelligible threads?
    Yeah, I think it is the political forum...

Why would anyone be against better relations with the Islamic community?

-- buncha xenophobic idjits..

5. Default Re: CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Why would anyone be against better relations with the Islamic community?

-- buncha xenophobic idjits..
    dunno, why would anyone be against using common sense in airport security screening?

Why must one have anything to do with the other?

So you want our government to keep a database which indicates what everyone's religion is? If we go to a different church, will we have to fill out paperwork with the FBI or with the church?

Could this maybe be a slight overreaction to something which at worst would have been tragic, but only fatal to about .00006% of the population? Keep in mind, 115 folks die per day in auto collisions.

So maybe, just maybe, the position that we need to do anything at all lacks perspective?
    Maybe it's overreaction?

7. Default Re: CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!

So you want our government to keep a database which indicates what everyone's religion is? If we go to a different church, will we have to fill out paperwork with the FBI or with the church?

Could this maybe be a slight overreaction to something which at worst would have been tragic, but only fatal to about .00006% of the population? Keep in mind, 115 folks die per day in auto collisions.

So maybe, just maybe, the position that we need to do anything at all lacks perspective?
    Maybe it's overreaction?
    No, I think what you're doing right now is overreacting.

Al Qaeda has declared war against us! Once in 1996 and again in 1998. They and their affiliates want to take down our country over time. In th process, they will keep on planning attacks.

The extra security steps are reasonable since 99.999999% of terrorists are Muslims.

Partnering up with CAIR and other unindicted co-conspirators in a Hamas funding case does not help the greater Muslim community in Oklahoma. I believe it hurts them greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzytoad View Post
    No, I think what you're doing right now is overreacting.
    How is suggesting that there be no reaction at all overreacting?

Would I be reacting appropriately if somehow I suggested something less than inaction? Is that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Al Qaeda has declared war against us! Once in 1996 and again in 1998. They and their affiliates want to take down our country over time. In th process, they will keep on planning attacks.

The extra security steps are reasonable since 99.999999% of terrorists are Muslims.

Partnering up with CAIR and other unindicted co-conspirators in a Hamas funding case does not help the greater Muslim community in Oklahoma. I believe it hurts them greatly.
    Fact: 1/2 of successful terrorist attacks perpetrated on U.S. soil have been perpetrated by non-Muslims. So maybe the vast majority of terrorists are Muslim (do you have a source for that?)

But 50% of the successful ones are non-Muslim. So by your math, we ought to go after one side of the 50% in a disproportionate manner.

Also, Hamas has attacked the United States fewer times than Israel has. I'm a supporter of the Jewish state and would love to see Hamas go away, but your reasoning and facts are a bit off base.

11. Default Re: CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!

"So you want our government to keep a database which indicates what everyone's religion is? If we go to a different church, will we have to fill out paperwork with the FBI or with the church?" = you Overreacting

If 10 muslims try to carry a weapon thru a checkpoint, it's a pretty safe bet that the next person to do so will be a muslim, not a little old white lady or an infant.

Common sense says to search the muslim. your doom-and-gloom "Big Brother will keep track of us all!!!!!" nonsense is the exact type of overreacting that serves no purpose.

12. Default Re: CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!

Fact: 1/2 of successful terrorist attacks perpetrated on U.S. soil have been perpetrated by non-Muslims. So maybe the vast majority of terrorists are Muslim (do you have a source for that?)
    Hmm, but in the past 10 years, 100% of them have been by Muslims.

**Edit: And before you try to go there, Seung-Hui Cho was mentally ill and Perez getting punched wasn't a terrorist attack.
    Last edited by fuzzytoad; 01-15-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: pre-emptive strike

Midtown said "Fact: 1/2 of successful terrorist attacks perpetrated on U.S. soil have been perpetrated by non-Muslims."

Where is your source for this fact?

Here's a link to terror attacks and foiled plots that goes back a number of years.

2010 terror plots, trials, money laundering and more...

You may want to also read the level of concern about recent intelligence regarding the possibility of another attack.

CNN: 'Palpable level of angst' over terror threat
    Source: 'Palpable level of angst' over terror threat - CNN.com

**Edit: And before you try to go there, Seung-Hui Cho was mentally ill and Perez getting punched wasn't a terrorist attack.
    This is not true. There have been more terrorist attacks than you're counting here, such as the one on the abortion doctor in Kansas, the Holocaust Museum in DC, and the church in Tennessee.

Let's not forget the attack in 1995 against our Federal building in OKC.

Also, racial profiling could miss potential terrorists. How hard would it be, for example, for someone to recruit a non-Middle Eastern looking terrorist to carry out a plot?

I agree with Midtowner on this issue. CAIR as an organization serves a worthy purpose.

MODS: PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE POLITICAL BOARD.

"So you want our government to keep a database which indicates what everyone's religion is? If we go to a different church, will we have to fill out paperwork with the FBI or with the church?" = you Overreacting

If 10 muslims try to carry a weapon thru a checkpoint, it's a pretty safe bet that the next person to do so will be a muslim, not a little old white lady or an infant.

Common sense says to search the muslim. your doom-and-gloom "Big Brother will keep track of us all!!!!!" nonsense is the exact type of overreacting that serves no purpose.
    How does a computer identify a Muslim?

And in the past 15 years, 50%.

Is 15 years so much more remote and irrelevant than 8 years? Especially when the current U.S. militia/separatist movement is as in full swing right now as it's ever been?

More lives would be saved subsidizing safety equipment in cars than will be saved spending even more on airplane security. Terrorism will always be a risk of flying just like roadside snipers and carjackings are always risks of driving.

19. Default Re: CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!

How does a computer identify a Muslim?
    what are you talking about?

The topic of this thread is airport profiling. Last time I checked, there weren't computers at the airport security checkpoints making decisions on who to search.

20. Default Re: CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!

And in the past 15 years, 50%.

Is 15 years so much more remote and irrelevant than 8 years? Especially when the current U.S. militia/separatist movement is as in full swing right now as it's ever been?
    ok, I give.. What non-Muslim airline terrorist attack happened in the U.S. in the last 15 years?

21. Default Re: CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    This is not true. There have been more terrorist attacks than you're counting here, such as the one on the abortion doctor in Kansas, the Holocaust Museum in DC, and the church in Tennessee.

Let's not forget the attack in 1995 against our Federal building in OKC.

Also, racial profiling could miss potential terrorists. How hard would it be, for example, for someone to recruit a non-Middle Eastern looking terrorist to carry out a plot?

I agree with Midtowner on this issue. CAIR as an organization serves a worthy purpose.

MODS: PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE POLITICAL BOARD.
    yeah, umm, those didn't happen in airplanes, or anywhere near an airport(AFAIK), therefore the "airport profiling" mentioned in the title of this thread and the basis for the townhall meeting tonight would have absolutely nothing to do with them.

I am, however, with you on missing potential terrorists because of profiling.. My counter to that is that if the FBI and Homeland Security were allowed to do their job correctly, they would be able to monitor any potential recruiters and be able to investigate non-Muslims who may enter countries where know recruitment and/or training has been happening.

ok, I give.. What non-Muslim airline terrorist attack happened in the U.S. in the last 15 years?
    Why limit the inquiry to airlines?

what are you talking about?

The topic of this thread is airport profiling. Last time I checked, there weren't computers at the airport security checkpoints making decisions on who to search.
    Ah.. so search the brown people then? How by looking at someone can you tell they are Muslim?

24. Default Re: CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!

Why limit the inquiry to airlines?
    because the topic of the thread is "CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!"

because the topic of the thread is "CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!"
    Right.. and I'm saying airport security is not a major concern.

We can't prevent every attack, no matter how much we spend. At some point, there's a point of diminishing returns and we're likely well past that by now.

Any additional money could be put to better use elsewhere.

Thread Information