Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1534

Thread: Automobile Alley

Default Re: Automobile Alley

Navy Career Center coming to space next to OK Runner:

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Navy Career Center coming to space next to OK Runner:

If there's a picture here, I can't see it. Can you please re-post it?

Blog Entries

Mercedes/HoganTaylor on Saturday
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190831_184502.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	15560

This building behind the Benz project has turned out really nice; the parking is shared with the benz:

Always nice to see some landscaping inclulded.

My girlfriend and I went to Scissortail last night but we wanted to see the lights along Broadway and we were stunned at the amount of people out and about. There was a line wrapped around to see the Santa Snow Globe at Factory Obscura, Plenty Mercantile and the shops along there were bustling. Carriage rides were moving up and down the way and the streetcar seemed 75-80% full or so with people waiting at the stops.

We were torn between our fear of further virus spread, and our happiness that local shops and whatnot were still being patronized. It just made it seem like, for a brief moment, things were “normal” again.

Ton of people today at Midtown's pop-up shops.

Was nice to see.

Yep, the pop-up shops were buzzing and there were some tents and vendors out front of the Make Ready space filled with people. It was just cool to see so much activity and support for local shops/artists. Filled me with a bit of civic pride, as hokey as that sounds.

This place opened today in the space formerly occupied by Broadway Wine:

https://goodearthrocksgallery.com/

Are* there any good wine bars in downtown anymore? I love wine and I’m sad that many of them like the one in the plaza didn’t make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Is there any good wine bars in downtown anymore? I love wine and I’m sad that many of them like the one in the plaza didn’t make it.
    The Study in Film Row.

12. Default Re: Automobile Alley

The Study in Film Row.
    The Study is excellent. If you like wine, you have to go.

I’ll check them out! Thanks!

Edit: just checked them out on Google and WOWOW I can’t believe I haven’t heard of them before. The atmosphere looks amazing.

The Study in Film Row.
    Wow. I knew nothing about this.

Press release:

Celebrate the Creative Spirit of Automobile Alley at Art of Beer

(OKLAHOMA CITY) – The Automobile Alley Association is excited to announce a new event, Art of Beer, happening on Saturday, September 25 from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Campbell Art Park at Oklahoma Contemporary, 11 N.W. 11th Street. This free and family-friendly event will celebrate the creative spirit and tasty brews of Automobile Alley.

Art of Beer attendees can make art thanks to programming curated by Oklahoma Contemporary. There will be a paint-by-color community mural with artist Aditi Heins, make-your-own “brew-print” from brewing ingredients and sunlight, design-your-own drink label, sidewalk chalking, and make-and-take art kits. Explore the new outdoor exhibitions “Shaved Portions” by Chakaia Booker and “Nature, Sweet Nature” by Maren Hassinger.

Automobile Alley’s breweries Prairie Artisan Ales, Twisted Spike Brewing Company, Vanessa House Beer Co., and soon-to-open Skydance Brewing Co. will have beer available to purchase. Attendees must provide proof of age to purchase beer during the event.

Friends and families will enjoy live performances on the Heartland Payment Systems Stage. Oklahoma Contemporary’s DJ School students will kick off the event, followed by the fun vibes of DJ Renì, and the big sound of local indie rockers Foxburrows. Hooplahoma will provide a special performance of hula hooping on the lawn.

“Art of Beer is our way of throwing a block party for a district as big and creative as Automobile Alley,” said Joe Hudson, Downtown Oklahoma City Partnership’s Automobile Alley District Manager. “We wanted to give the community a chance to make art, groove to good music, try beer from the district’s breweries, and hang out under the shade of a tree at Campbell Art Park.”

Big Biang Theory and Psycho Taco food trucks will be on site, and Café Contemporary will have food and other beverages for sale. Free water and koozies will be available at the Automobile Alley information tent, while supplies last.

Art of Beer is produced by the Automobile Alley Association in collaboration with Oklahoma Contemporary and sponsored by Heartland Payment Systems. For more information about Art of Beer, visit AutomobileAlley.org/art-of-beer/.

https://product.costar.com/home/news/534860282

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but it looks like COOP is opening a location in the Pontiac Building.

Blog Entries

Paywalled

Blog Entries

Junction Coffee coming to AA at 611 N Broadway hopefully by next week

https://twitter.com/codylusnia/statu...62353740402702

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Junction Coffee coming to AA at 611 N Broadway hopefully by next week

https://twitter.com/codylusnia/statu...62353740402702
    Cool, we've gotten stuff from their bus and at the Civic Center for a while - nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    https://product.costar.com/home/news/534860282

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but it looks like COOP is opening a location in the Pontiac Building.
    Is this a sign that the Armory build out is maybe not as likely as we had heard? I sure hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    Is this a sign that the Armory build out is maybe not as likely as we had heard? I sure hope not.
    I just talked with Coop.

The Pontiac Building space is just temporary office space -- they are taking over the old BP Petroleum offices.

This is just to accommodate their growing staff; there will be no taproom.

Said that the armory project is still moving forward, just slowly due to covid and some title issues the state has now resolved. I believe they still have to nail down their financing.

Blog Entries

title issues the state has now resolved
    Good to hear. If what I had heard regarding that is true (which I think it was based on the sources) that all had to have been quite the headache to get all of that resolved.

Blog Entries

Automobile Alley makeover complicated as stakeholders balance pedestrian, traffic safety
    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...ty/6803841001/

would be a welcome change

Not sure if there is a separate thread for Heartland Payment building, but I noticed there is a coffee/treat shop on the first floor. I drove by but couldn't take a photo. Anybody know anything about this?

Thread Information