Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141560 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobile Alley

Default Re: Automobile Alley

I like the sign, but for a "flagship store" I envisioned something more grandiose, like Planet Hollywood type, especially since they usually have a large globe in the lobby of the regular hideaway stores:

That signs fits in with it's surroundings perfectly. I like it.

That Hideaway sign looks like it will be animated to show the pizza dough being tossed into the air.

Looks very cool!

It now says on their website that they will open August 1st; that's next Monday, whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I like the sign, but for a "flagship store" I envisioned something more grandiose, like Planet Hollywood type, especially since they usually have a large globe in the lobby of the regular hideaway stores:

Metro, the sign they ARE using is nearly 2 stories tall. And it's elegant and follows the example of other A-Alley signage. Yeah...

I'm not complaining, it just doesn't say flagship to me. I very much like the sign, it's just not flagship signage

Are you the one calling it their flagship store or what? I've only heard you say that. And come on, it's a big awesome neon sign. Anything more would almost be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Are you the one calling it their flagship store or what? I've only heard you say that. And come on, it's a big awesome neon sign. Anything more would almost be too much.
    Pretty sure they said that in their original announcement

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    I agree. I think less is more when it comes to...bright neon signage.

I agree also. AA is not the Vegas Strip.

Blog Entries

I think the sign looks great and very appropriate for the feel of the street/neighborhood. Anyone know who designed the sign for them? Good job.

I think it's a great look. Although, I have to admit, a big spinning globe would have been kind of cool. AA is already the home to spectacular lighting (at Christmas), so what some would see as slightly extravagant signage would've fit too, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I think the sign looks great and very appropriate for the feel of the street/neighborhood. Anyone know who designed the sign for them? Good job.
    I would like to know too. Maybe the same company that did the Mutts sign in Texas?

Blog Entries

I drove by on the way home from work Thursday, and it looked like they were trying to hang the sign (looked REALLY good BTW). But then I drove by again on the way to the Redhawks game and the sign was back on the truck like they "forgot something". Anybody know anything?

There was a sign company with a Tulsa address there yesterday putting up the signs. Forgot the name, however.

Yeah, the sign was gone this morning. Wonder if something got messed up.

I believe the flagship designation refers to the quality of the interior. It looks as though they could be serving steak and wine in the place. Lots of exposed brick and nice dim lighting make the place look really classy. I only got a quick look though (at night while going 30).

Looks about the same as expressway to me, I drove by tonight, no sign, just the carryout sign on the sign. It appeared they either had a soft opening or a test run tonight. Can't wait ro check it out.

Well they actually had the sign mounted on the building on Thursday, and I took pictures of it then. So we have a photo record at least..

The furniture store "Treasures Past" is now open. They are going to build out a window display that features different designers using their antiques. "Real" window shopping back downtown. What a thought.

I went to the soft opening of Hideaway yesterday. It's a nice space. This is the first Hideaway to have a bar and it's a big one. They made the counter of the bar out in a broken glass terrazzo and it's made from Skyy Vodka bottles, with an occasional beer bottle thrown in, so it's quite blue. I thought that was an interesting touch. The interior is kind of a mix of urban features with a nod to the buildings' roots. Lots of comfortable booths in this one and they've got wall art with old photos of the building and older Hideaway photos. There is a big hanging planet in the center of the room. Apparently the sign on the exterior hung too low for the code inspector, so it's off getting new brackets so it will hang higher. It will indeed, as speculated, show the pizza being tossed and apparently the sign will flash as well. The awning is interesting in that rather than being completely covered, its got a large ironwork design and is open.

With such a large bar - is the place kid friendly. Will it be a pizza place the serves alcohol or will it be a bar that serves pizza?

Irrelevant. A lot of large restaurants, specifically American food, Steakhouses, etc. have large bars while remaining extremely family friendly.

Since it is a pizza shop, a "fast-chain", I'm sure they are not going to isolate a big demographic, while only catering to the bar type. Without being too much of either, they can cater to both.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    Irrelevant. A lot of large restaurants, specifically American food, Steakhouses, etc. have large bars while remaining extremely family friendly.

Since it is a pizza shop, a "fast-chain", I'm sure they are not going to isolate a big demographic, while only catering to the bar type. Without being too much of either, they can cater to both.
    It isn't irrelevant to me - I have kids who like pizza. If it is a bar, that serves pizza then we won't be going. If it is pizza place that serves beer then we will be going. There are pizza places we can go to now at 10PM (like after a movie) and it will still be kid friendly. Then there are other places we can go after 10PM and all it is people drinking (not kid friendly).

Thread Information