Widgets Magazine

Thread: Coffee

Default Coffee

Just wondering who serves the very best cup of coffee in the city. Plain black coffee. No chains please. I really miss the coffee roasted by Intelligentsia (Chicago). Hoping I can find a good cup this weekend.

Default Re: Coffee

Cue Jim Stark. In 5...4...3...2...

I am absolutely hooked on Elemental Coffee roasters, several places throughout the metro serve the coffee or sell the beans (including La Baguette, The Wedge, and CocoFlow). Its amazing stuff!

:: WHERE TO FIND US

I also love Coffee Slingers, but I haven't been down there in awhile. http://www.coffeeslingers.com/

And I'm sure Vintage Coffee is great Jim Stark, I just don't live in that part of town and have never been there ;-)

I'm not Jim Stark... but I am sitting enjoying coffee right now at his place, Vintage Coffee. Its the best independent shop in town.

5. Default Re: Coffee

Coco Flow used to serve Intelligentsia. I am not sure since they moved to Deaconess.
    Check out my Google Map. Many of the local coffee shops listed. Always looking for more to add too.

Coffee Slingers undoubtedly serves the best coffee in the metro area. I recommend getting a short water americano, but I also like their other espresso based drinks. Really you can't go wrong.

Thanks for the input guys. I've heard good things about Elemental and will have to try them out. I scrub cases at Deaconess and have seen the coffee shop there but have never stopped by. I will have to check it out next time.

8. Default Re: Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by jstanthrnme View Post
    Cue Jim Stark. In 5...4...3...2...
    you rang?

Vintage Coffee - NW 150th & Western - best cup of black coffee in town.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenkane View Post
    Coffee Slingers undoubtedly serves the best coffee in the metro area. I recommend getting a short water americano, but I also like their other espresso based drinks. Really you can't go wrong.
    If you enjoy rude service you'll love Coffee Slingers.

I'll drink a cup of coffee that's an 8 out of 10 and served with a smile before I'll drink a cup that's a 10/10 and served by a rude barista that just wants me to go away.

Vintage is good, as are several other shops in and around the metro area.

Cuppies & Joe and Bagel Shop both have excellent lattes. I didn't realize how bad Starbucks was until I started getting lattes from those 2.

A great place (not fancy by any mean) is Roasters Exchange located at 1530 W Main. They primarily manufacture coffee roasters. They have a small retail shop that offers a selection of ground or bean blends. I have given friends bags of coffee as gifts and they love it. It's the only coffee they buy after tasting Roasters Exchange. Give Barbara or Corey a visit and asked them to help you out. Keep me posted if you try them.

If your ever in Norman, Hastings has a neat little coffee shop, (Hard Book Café), they serve 5-6 different blends, always fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by rondvu View Post
    A great place (not fancy by any mean) is Roasters Exchange located at 1530 W Main. They primarily manufacture coffee roasters. They have a small retail shop that offers a selection of ground or bean blends. I have given friends bags of coffee as gifts and they love it. It's the only coffee they buy after tasting Roasters Exchange. Give Barbara or Corey a visit and asked them to help you out. Keep me posted if you try them.
    After reading this we stopped by and picked up a couple pounds of coffee and some teas - very satisfied!!!

Thanks for the info... I love good coffee and I'll have to try these out.

I will have to visit Roaster's Exchange soon. Maybe this weekend. I also plan on visiting Vintage Coffee this weekend if I head to Edmond to do some running.

16. Default Re: Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by native View Post
    I also plan on visiting Vintage Coffee this weekend if I head to Edmond to do some running.
    i will be in noon to 6pm on saturday (although we are open from 6am to 10pm) and we are closed on sunday.

ask for alan when you get here, i always enjoy meeting online people IRL. thanks!

Thread Information