Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: OKC profiled on History Channel's "Gangland"...

Default Re: OKC profiled on History Channel's "Gangland"...

in the late 80s early 90s was kinda crazy in these areas slowed down for a longtime
    in 2004 2005 gotta crazy again for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by nik4411 View Post
    ok, so the program documented the southside locos.
    obviously there are blood and crip gangs around, or guys claiming them.
    what other gangs are in the area
    A bunch. A fraternity brother of mine patrols that area, used to do it on the late shift, not sure which one he's on now. He once went down the list for me. It's fairly long.

Those who are saying that it was overhyped or OKC doesn't have much of a gang problem are completely wrong. The bottom line is every large city has these types of problems and if you mind your own business and aren't involved in it you will rarely have any problems in these areas, though they are far from safe.

My grandparent's lived in South Oak Cliff in Dallas until '95 and we used to walk all over the neighborhood and never had any problems. I have been to the South Side of Chicago, Little Haiti in Miami, and South Central LA with no issues. That doesn't mean that they aren't there and that they aren't serious.

And most people who say they lived "there" and never had any problems most likely never lived in the worse areas, only near them, and that's a big difference.

One of the apartments where I work with a kid has had two murders in the last 2 months, neither were reported as gang related but I can guarantee you they were because all the young guys who are robbing, dealing, and killing are all gang involved.

OKC has plenty of blood and crip gangs, though crips outnumber bloods heavily (in almost every major metro). We have gangs like 107 Hoover, Shotgun Crip, Inglewood Family Blood, Murder One, 456 Piru, Grape Street Crip, Playboy Gangster Crip, Neighborhood Crip (with different sets w/in like 27 and 90), Rollin 20's and 60's crip.

If you think these things aren't serious then you need to go visit with some kids who go to Capitol Hill or Douglass and ask them how gangs and violence has affected their lives and if it is a real issue. The stories you would hear would shock you.

Talking Re: OKC profiled on History Channel's "Gangland"...

I saw the show and realize we do have gang issues in OC. However, the people they interviewed like bone-something and the little guy with large shades are obviously phony!! The first big bone guy was a joke, his fake gangster wanna-be accent did not mix with his fraudulent "attitude"!
    Come on stop trying to make OC so bad or at least find sone real gang angers instead of pozers!

Quote Originally Posted by gracefor24 View Post
    Those who are saying that it was overhyped or OKC doesn't have much of a gang problem are completely wrong. The bottom line is every large city has these types of problems and if you mind your own business and aren't involved in it you will rarely have any problems in these areas, though they are far from safe.

My grandparent's lived in South Oak Cliff in Dallas until '95 and we used to walk all over the neighborhood and never had any problems. I have been to the South Side of Chicago, Little Haiti in Miami, and South Central LA with no issues. That doesn't mean that they aren't there and that they aren't serious.

And most people who say they lived "there" and never had any problems most likely never lived in the worse areas, only near them, and that's a big difference.

One of the apartments where I work with a kid has had two murders in the last 2 months, neither were reported as gang related but I can guarantee you they were because all the young guys who are robbing, dealing, and killing are all gang involved.

OKC has plenty of blood and crip gangs, though crips outnumber bloods heavily (in almost every major metro). We have gangs like 107 Hoover, Shotgun Crip, Inglewood Family Blood, Murder One, 456 Piru, Grape Street Crip, Playboy Gangster Crip, Neighborhood Crip (with different sets w/in like 27 and 90), Rollin 20's and 60's crip.

If you think these things aren't serious then you need to go visit with some kids who go to Capitol Hill or Douglass and ask them how gangs and violence has affected their lives and if it is a real issue. The stories you would hear would shock you.
    havent heard alot of them names since the mid 90s

Quote Originally Posted by Okcguy45 View Post
    I saw the show and realize we do have gang issues in OC. However, the people they interviewed like bone-something and the little guy with large shades are obviously phony!! The first big bone guy was a joke, his fake gangster wanna-be accent did not mix with his fraudulent "attitude"!
    Come on stop trying to make OC so bad or at least find sone real gang angers instead of pozers!
    You probably would have said the same thing about the kid who was in the shootout at Crossroads Mall if he were interviewed. Most of these types of kids don't come across as scary (and most times aren't) but to think they aren't violent is not true.

I know for a fact the main guy they interviewed, "Joker", is known as a killer in the OKCPD. The hard thing about doing a show like that is you likely aren't going to get any active guys to do an interview.

Lets bring in more from Haiti and let them get "on the job training" from our best gangs. That will also help to get us on the map. By the way, where is Al Sharpton and others like him on Haiti issues, and how many did he adopt?

Where the hell did that come from?

Thread Information