Widgets Magazine
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 343536373839

Thread: Trader Joe's

Default Re: Trader Joe's

If you happen to be in there just before they get the trucks to replenish their stock, you'll get some idea how much inventory they go through in a day or two.

I've seen the large majority of their frozen items completely sold out. It's common for them to be out of all types of things.

Then the trucks roll in, they stock up and it begins again, truckload after truckload.

2. Default Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If you happen to be in there just before they get the trucks to replenish their stock, you'll get some idea how much inventory they go through in a day or two.

I've seen the large majority of their frozen items completely sold out. It's common for them to be out of all types of things.

Then the trucks roll in, they stock up and it begins again, truckload after truckload.
    Yes, it's unreal. We don't go to TJ's that often but when we do we stock up. But if we hit it at the wrong time we nearly come back empty handed and end up making a second trip the next day or so and like magic we get nearly everything else!

South OKC Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I'd love a location southside/moore/or Norman. Too far for me to go very often.
    A store on the southside would do very well. I've heard a lot of people say they don't go to TJs or Whole Foods because they are too far north. At least we have Sprouts and Natural Grocers. Both stores seem to be doing very well.

This has been posted a few times on an Edmond Facebook page. But by Carol Hefner that I think is the same “Carol Hefner” from the mayor election
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1300.jpeg 
Views:	326 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	18660

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    This has been posted a few times on an Edmond Facebook page. But by Carol Hefner that I think is the same “Carol Hefner” from the mayor election

It''s the old Westlake Ace Hardware location at Danforth and Kelly. I think the Sprouts on 2nd Street fits more of what TJ's goes after for walkability with its location close to Downtown Edmond and UCO. HOWEVER, the Danforth and Kelly shopping center does fit the frugality of being in the "cheaper" area of a high income place. That shopping center is older and just south of a very nice Kelly/Covell corner...and the space available would be just right for a TJ sized store.

Blog Entries

Her father owns several strip centers. She might actually know.

I don't understand her post...

It sounds like she is hoping they sign a deal at North Oaks and is trying to get the City of Edmond to help somehow?

Later in the comments she states that TJ rep called her and is actually interested..?

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    Later in the comments she states that TJ rep called her and is actually interested..?
    She states they own the center in one of her comments.

10. Default Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    Wow. There might not be a worse way to handle that as a property owner than to blast it on social media. Assuming they did call and express interest, they probably called 5-10 centers in Edmond (and potentially even Norman, or for NW OKC, and who knows where else) to gather information, and will analyze it. Then narrow it down to 2-3 and try to negotiate. Or drop it if their analytics aren't met. But blasting info online doesn't endear you to corporate reps.

Yeah they are always 'scouting'. Can't make a decision on what you don't know. That's where all the rumors and rumblings come from when you hear about a new business opening up a new location. Talking about it probably didn't help in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    Wow. There might not be a worse way to handle that as a property owner than to blast it on social media. Assuming they did call and express interest, they probably called 5-10 centers in Edmond (and potentially even Norman, or for NW OKC, and who knows where else) to gather information, and will analyze it. Then narrow it down to 2-3 and try to negotiate. Or drop it if their analytics aren't met. But blasting info online doesn't endear you to corporate reps.
    Sometimes a property owner that has already been eliminated will put that info out as a no cost way to enhance your image.
    "Hot Brand called, but we couldn't make a deal." Is a lot better than "Hot Brand came by, but they wouldn't even get out of the car."

Blog Entries

She states they own the center in one of her comments.
    Her father is also the owner of Spaghetti Warehouse and connected to the amphitheater out west.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    Ya this is clown behavior. If that broker she personally named ever saw this, you could almost guarantee they would never do a deal on anything Carol is involved with.

If you think you have a deal or are actively working on one, the last thing you do is put it out on social media.

Not only would it piss off the prospective tenant, but it also alerts every other property owner to start recruiting them.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Ya this is clown behavior. If that broker she personally named ever saw this, you could almost guarantee they would never do a deal on anything Carol is involved with.
    I mean it’s Carol

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I mean it’s Carol
    My thought exactly

Most likely trying to fill vacancies in the strip using social media and namedropping a big brand. If TJs were interested in that spot their broker would reach out without telling them who the client is and bring them under NDA. I seriously doubt they would do it any other way considering how in demand TJs is.

Quote Originally Posted by BB+1 View Post
    Most likely trying to fill vacancies in the strip using social media and namedropping a big brand. If TJs were interested in that spot their broker would reach out without telling them who the client is and bring them under NDA. I seriously doubt they would do it any other way considering how in demand TJs is.
    Exactly right.

In my previous life as a commercial real estate broker, I represented Walgreens (before they were actually in Oklahoma) and some other national tenants and I was the intermediary that scouted sites for them and handled the negotiations, and I had an NDA that prohibited me from mentioning them to anyone.

This is the typical way these national retailers operate: they have a regional real estate person who in turn usually partners with one local broker to represent them in the market and provide local expertise while also keeping their client's identity and movements under wraps.

Even if a landlord was in negotiations with a primo tenant, why on earth would they mention it publicly until it's a done deal? And even then the tenant would likely stipulate that the deal not be disclosed until their PR team handles it. This all makes zero sense.

Remember way back when OKCTalk reported TJ's had signed a deal at NH Plaza? Had been rumors for years but I was able to get confirmation behind the scenes from 2 different reputable sources. So, I put out the news and then the Oklahoman and TV channels contacted TJ's and were given a statement that they were not actively looking at OKC. TJ's straight-out lied to the press and it wasn't long before the deal was formally announced. THAT is how squirrelly these big retailers get.

Just drove by that old westlake today.That shopping center is rough and needs some TLC. Doubtful Trader Joe's ever gave it serious consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Just drove by that old westlake today.That shopping center is rough and needs some TLC. Doubtful Trader Joe's ever gave it serious consideration.
    Agreed, I could see a second TJ's location, Edmond would be a great location, but not that strip.

Also, that old Ace Hardware space is about 22,000 SF as opposed to the typical TJ's which is 10,000 - 15,000 SF.

The NH TJ's is less than 12,000 SF.

They could split the hardware space but that would leave a narrow and deep store, which is not very desirable.

Thread Information