Widgets Magazine

Thread: Basill : Mediteranean Cafe

Default Basill : Mediteranean Cafe

While working today, I noticed this new sign up at the old Popeyes place accross from Heritage Park. Anyone know anything??? It said it's going to open on Monday the 12th

2. Default Re: Basill : Mediteranean Cafe

Looks like they have a website. We will try them out sometime this week. Seems like a decent selection on the menu.

http://www.basilok.com/

Default Re: Basill : Mediteranean Cafe

I did a little research through the County Assessor's website when they started remodeling the old Popeye's.

Unless something has changed....It appears the same people that own Zorba's own this place.

Believe it or not businesses do fairly well on Reno. I think Midwest City needs to get in gear and try to find a developer for Heritage Park Mall. The Sears store does pretty good business so they could very easily become the anchor store.

I think it is time to tear down the mall and give Sears a facelift. They could easily add a nice mix of hotels, eateries and movie theater. I love to see Warren build a theater on that site.

Yes, you are right oneforone. Basill is the same owner as Zorba's.

5. Default Re: Basill : Mediteranean Cafe

Notice the menus says "Zorba's" in a lot of places. The prices are a little more than I would expect from seeing things at other mediteranean places, but whatever. I'm glad to see something more than Andy's around in the East. La Greek has worked to expand their menu and a lot of it is really good, but another choice is always good.

Sounds great! Can't wait to try it out.

Mmmmm... it was delish!!! Best greek food ever, generous portions, awesome service! They really wanted to go above and beyond. I'll be back soon for sure!

8. Default Re: Basill : Mediteranean Cafe

Haven't tried it yet. Looking at the menu I see gyro and fries for $9.50. Well, I won't mind paying if it's "Greek House" quality and quantity. Plus it will save me a trip to Norman.

You must be looking at an old menu... The menu I picked up at Basil's reads $7.75 for a Gyro platter. Totally worth it my opinion. Great food and service. But if you want to pay $9.50 you can get some Ossobucco. Yum!

10. Default Re: Basill : Mediteranean Cafe

It's the menu on their site, so it could be different. I'll have to try it out, and maybe try the Ossobucco! Whether I like it or not, I sure hope they stay in business. I hate to see people not make it. Plus I hate to see empty buildings.

I finally made it over to Basil's. I had the Pesto Panna Pasta and my favorite, the Kubedah Kabob dinner. I got my order to go. The Kubedah was as good as usual and the pasta was great. They have several items on the menu that they don't have at Zorba's. I can't wait to try them all.

We went today, thought it was really great. The service was good and the food was great. We just had gyros but it was really good. Can't wait to go back and try something different.

13. Default Re: Basill : Mediteranean Cafe

Went there on Saturday night. I was surprised to see that it was an "order window" type place. But I think they handled that very well. It feels a bit fast food, but they do get things out to you faster than a normal restauruant...even when they are busy. So that's really nice. The fresh pita makes a HUGE difference.

I had a chicken kabob plate...it was good. Nothing like super amazing, but WAAAAAY closer than driving to the other side of town for a real plate of not just gyro greek.

The Dolma was great though. Not really dry like a lot of places make it.

Very surprised that the menu I saw online before is totally not what's there. I remember seeing musaka(sp?) online, but they don't have it.

I agree, I think that they have changed the menu a few times which is kind of disappointing because the 1st verison of the menu had some really good salads and appetizers on it.

Thread Information