Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Commercials from the Past???

Default Re: Commercials from the Past???

Quote Originally Posted by papaOU View Post
    Sonic and Braums? You're nuts!!!!

Only one to come close is the Onion Barrel on 44th and High!
    You be 100% CORRECT, on both counts!!! I do agree...

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    It's all good to talk about chicken fried steak sammy"s when they are availably but, over here in N.C. ain't got none. And their bar-b-q sucks. Would almost flip for a Del Rancho sammy. They talk..talk..talk about Carolina bar-b-q but, doesn't compare to OK "real stuff". I even put Sooner bar-b-q against N.C. stuff.
    OMG! My total sympathies Gen70! No barbecue!

OK has some good stuff, but Texas does rule the BBQ world. Especially down in Hill Country! You won't find BBQ sauce in many of them, because they don't need it. You'll see people putting ketchup on Filet Mignon before you see BBQ sauce even available in some places. And no plates either. It's served on the brown butcher paper it's wrapped in.

I guess if not over paying for something that tastes the same elsewhere for less is nuts, then I guess I'm nuts. That's ok. There are a lot of nuts that made a lot of money by not wasting it.

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman View Post
    Roger that.....I'll think of you next time by Chuck House.
    Ha..Ha..Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    Ha..Ha..Thanks!
    Think nothing of it..........speaking of bad Q.......... I was up in Virginia a couple of years ago. Thought I'd have some pulled pork at a place. It was feral hog ol' boy had shot earlier that year. Tough as boot leather and tasted as bad as swamp water smells

Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    I guess if not over paying for something that tastes the same elsewhere for less is nuts, then I guess I'm nuts. That's ok. There are a lot of nuts that made a lot of money by not wasting it.
    That's the point. They DON'T taste the same as DR. They may taste the same as each other though.

================================================== =========
    If you get a chance....try Kendalls in Noble....They come very close as does Ann's Chicken Fry....

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    That's the point. They DON'T taste the same as DR. They may taste the same as each other though.
    That's YOUR opinion. And ONLY your opinion. Plus, tastes can be created subconsciously. Del Rancho has done a lot of advertising claiming to have the best sandwich, and it worked. Some people only think it is because they have been brainwashed. Yes, you will probably deny it, but thats part of the rub. They WANT you to deny it. It's all advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    If you get a chance....try Kendalls in Noble....They come very close as does Ann's Chicken Fry....
    Both are worth the drive. In my opinion, Kendall's is just a little better. Can't pass judgement on the Onion Barrel, been too long since I had one of theirs. I remember it being right up there, though.

Jude and Jody were employed by Mathis, as was Buck. I rememeber my mom telling me about that not long ago, plus I remember most of it. In fact, had it not been for Bud and Don, there is a strong chance Buck would not have been as big as he was. I don't remember a "falling out (as you put it)" between Bud and Don and Jude and Jody.

One thing to keep in mind is the fact my family has been friends with the Mathis' for decades. (the elders. We have not met the boys) In fact, the last time I saw Bud was at my Dad's funeral. Plus, I knew Buck since 1962. One of Jude's relatives was also my next door neighbor. So, I have long ties with the family and their history.
    People on this thread are usually not as rude as yourself, and obviously you don't know what your talking about. Address of 300-301, what the Hell difference does it make. Your totatally wrong and don't know *hit! Buck Owens NEVER lived in OKC, he was from Sherman Tx, then Arizona. He flew in and did all the shows for Don and Bud from his home in California. He had money when the Mathis brothers were restoring old refrigerators for a living. He was doing them a favor. This is all verified on "Swopes" if you doubt Ol' Gen/64! You tell us there was no "falling out" between Bud & Don Mathis and Jude and Jody, per your Mother. Ask Ol' Mumsie if Jody Taylor catching Don Mathis in bed with his wife "Norma Jean" constitutes a falling out, it definitely caused a DIVORCE!! I could go on but your not worth it. These are good people on this thread and your DEFINITELY not someone we want to converse with!! Go back to your other forums or the rock you crawled out from under, we don't like trouble makers and bickering on this nostalgia site. To sum it up, NO ONE likes you! Critics make us want to puke and were all nauseated to the hilt right now. Go where someone likes you, which will be extrememy difficult!! Now you know what all of us think of you!! I will not lower myself to respond to any more of your ridiculous posts, so don't waste your time.

Default Q

Quote Originally Posted by Redskins/General View Post
    People on this thread are usually not as rude as yourself, and obviously you don't know what your talking about. Address of 300-301, what the Hell difference does it make. Your totatally wrong and don't know *hit! Buck Owens NEVER lived in OKC, he was from Sherman Tx, then Arizona. He flew in and did all the shows for Don and Bud from his home in California. He had money when the Mathis brothers were restoring old refrigerators for a living. He was doing them a favor. This is all verified on "Swopes" if you doubt Ol' Gen/64! You tell us there was no "falling out" between Bud & Don Mathis and Jude and Jody, per your Mother. Ask Ol' Mumsie if Jody Taylor catching Don Mathis in bed with his wife "Norma Jean" constitutes a falling out, it definitely caused a DIVORCE!! I could go on but your not worth it. These are good people on this thread and your DEFINITELY not someone we want to converse with!! Go back to your other forums or the rock you crawled out from under, we don't like trouble makers and bickering on this nostalgia site. To sum it up, NO ONE likes you! Critics make us want to puke and were all nauseated to the hilt right now. Go where someone likes you, which will be extrememy difficult!! Now you know what all of us think of you!! I will not lower myself to respond to any more of your ridiculous posts, so don't waste your time.
    If you think I'm rude, frankly, I don't care. I just tell it like it is, and if you can't take it, then, that's just too damned bad. Also. I do not "talk." I write, and I know EXACLY that I am writing about. I have been around a long time and most have not. My advise... If you can't take it, then don't reply!

That's YOUR opinion. And ONLY your opinion. Plus, tastes can be created subconsciously. Del Rancho has done a lot of advertising claiming to have the best sandwich, and it worked. Some people only think it is because they have been brainwashed. Yes, you will probably deny it, but thats part of the rub. They WANT you to deny it. It's all advertising.
    It's the batter, Smooth, it's all about the batter. Sonic and Braums taste of flour. No flour taste on DR.

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    Thank You....

Maybe change the name to notsosmooth.......

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    Hate to say it, but Anne's has gone a little downhill.....

Why go to Noble when Del Rancho is just down the block....

Guess you also have a fear that Lenin, Stalin, and Ho Chi Minh are hiding under your bed with reinforcements in the closet.....

Get back to Rush on the radio.......

Wink Re: Commercials from the Past???

Hate to say it, but Anne's has gone a little downhill.....

Why go to Noble when Del Rancho is just down the block....
    Same reason I'd take my wife to Eischen's for fried chicken when I don't even have to go down the block for some.
    Didn't Ray Charles do some Arby's Roast Beef samich commercials before he died?

"A Meal in a Minute, With The chef's touch in It"

What food was that??????

Quote Originally Posted by CarltonsKeeper View Post
    "A Meal in a Minute, With The chef's touch in It"

What food was that??????
    Chef Boy Ardee pizza......

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman View Post
    Same reason I'd take my wife to Eischen's for fried chicken when I don't even have to go down the block for some.
    Didn't Ray Charles do some Arby's Roast Beef samich commercials before he died?
    Yeah! He gave instructions as to thick to slice the beef.

I like the tootsie pop commercial with the owl and the boy.

Haha

Thread Information