Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tulsa's Reaction to MAPS 3??

Default Tulsa's Reaction to MAPS 3??

I saw on the Tulsa Forum sight under the Sports thread that a post stated that the MAPS 3 passage was typical tax and spend for OKC. The post further stated that Tulsa sets a "better" example than OKC for letting private foundations and "philanthropic people of Tulsa to fund their needs? Question? Did they not vote for their own version for tax increase to fund their arena and ballpark or was it all donated by wealthy Tulsans? The thread went on about OKC will always be a bad city and the only good factor going for it is Norman. The post even called OKC= OK****ty. It sounds to me like once again, Tulsa has this superior attitude and hates to see when OKC progresses. What seems to be the problem?

Default Re: Tulsa's Reaction to MAPS 3??

.oO(extension envy maybe?)Oo.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    .oO(extension envy maybe?)Oo.
    Isn't that covered on a late night infomercial. (my bad, I'll stick to the subject next time)

it's like OSU vs OU. OSU always has been and always will be the pesky little brother. Just like Tulsa

If MAPS is typical tax and spend, it's a trend that they should take part in. Tulsa has declined a lot in the time OKC has grown.

6. Default Re: Tulsa's Reaction to MAPS 3??

Just like with any rivalry, you'll find those unwilling to admit that they've lost the leading position. It's agreed by pretty much everyone that OKC has taken the driver's seat for the state in every way. In our corporate dealings, i've seen a turn in the last5 years where OKC is seen as a THE place in Oklahoma. I mention Tulsa and they sort of say "oh yeah". So Tulsa has become an afterthought behind OKC....much like how we used to be. I'm sure Tulsans will have a hard time admitting it, but they've fallen behind and don't have any real light at the end of the tunnel.

Vision2020 does not equal Maps though. 2020 is just a fancy bond issue with sales tax. They aren't going to get out of that, what OKC did from Maps by any stretch. And as for those philanthtophic donations....they'll be waiting a long time. Everytime somthing comes up that looks like it might be helpful, the people shoot it down.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    and the only good factor going for it is Norman.
    they have a strong valid point there.

Via TulsaNow.org:

Face it, had Tim McVeigh not lit the match, downtown OKC would have never ignited to the degree it has....those first Federal funds for Murrah Memorial got the ball rolling. Now, watch how Fed funds help New Orleans retain a vibrant city core especially with all those poor people washed out of their population.

So how do you really feel?

God...

9. Default Re: Tulsa's Reaction to MAPS 3??

If you think swake sounds delusional on this thread...

There really are a lot worse than swake as far as Tulsa posters go. The idea that there are worse than swake just gives me a bad case of the creeps in the first place.

Thread Information