Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
As a person with a CC license and carries pretty regularly, this is just absurd. There is no reason to have that much ammo on you unless your just trying to cause a reaction or you're up to no good. Sounds like the situation was handled correctly by all around as nothing caused an escalation. But the guy is a moron for sure.
I've gone through the CC training but haven't yet applied for my permit... and my reaction is the same as yours, and that's why I laughed at him. If you're unable to take care of business with the first 17 rounds, what makes you think 100 more will help? Given the circumstances, I'm 100% sure he was just trying to cause a reaction that he could film and I'm glad nobody - including Embark staff - took the bait. That said, I think the only Embark employee on the whole thing was in the cab, and I didn't see a police officer at all the entire time I was riding it.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
Carry should be banned on the streetcar. Visably brandishing a weapon only causes unease among some and can lead to an overreaction to a minor incident. A shooting on the streetcar will all but kill ridership
In a general sense, these concerns are why I'm not a big fan at all of open carry by the general public. I have no issue with lawful concealed carry, though. That said, to the best of my knowledge, it's unlawful to carry - open or concealed - on public transport in this state. I know at one point there was an effort to change that, but I'm honestly unsure if it came to pass. if I'm not mistaken, however, the only thing they can really do about it is ask you to leave (same as if you carry in a business that does not allow firearms) - but if you refuse to leave, then it's trespassing and that invites heavier consequences. But yes, I agree with you - especially in this critical period where the perception of the streetcar's usefulness is being built in the public's eyes, an incident involving firearms on the streetcar would spell certain doom for ridership, I'm afraid. Now, I truthfully don't know exactly how likely that is, but it is a concern.