Widgets Magazine

Thread: Plaza District

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Plaza District

There is already some NIMBY opposition to apartments being built there. I know it is a vocal minority but as a newish resident (almost two years) to the neighborhood it gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUFan View Post
    There is already some NIMBY opposition to apartments being built there. I know it is a vocal minority but as a newish resident (almost two years) to the neighborhood it gets old.
    Yes the Nextdoor thread is insufferable:
    (1) Apartments always reduce property value!
    (2) There are too many apartments!
    (3) No one told me this was happening!
    (4) This will reduce the rent I can charge on my apartments, and mine have been here longer.
    (5) Why can't all development at this major, high-traffic intersection be restricted to quiet yoga studios, wine bars, hip but quaint bookstores and NO APARTMENTS? Is that too much to ask?
    (6) I live near the Plaza and I choose to believe that the meteoric rise in my property value over the last ten years is not due to the area becoming fashionable and desirable and safe but is rather due to the universe giving me my due as a hardworking American. People parking on the street upsets me greatly. That is all.
    (6-250) WHERE WILL THEY PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    Yes the Nextdoor thread is insufferable:
    (1) Apartments always reduce property value!
    (2) There are too many apartments!
    (3) No one told me this was happening!
    (4) This will reduce the rent I can charge on my apartments, and mine have been here longer.
    (5) Why can't all development at this major, high-traffic intersection be restricted to quiet yoga studios, wine bars, hip but quaint bookstores and NO APARTMENTS? Is that too much to ask?
    (6) I live near the Plaza and I choose to believe that the meteoric rise in my property value over the last ten years is not due to the area becoming fashionable and desirable and safe but is rather due to the universe giving me my due as a hardworking American. People parking on the street upsets me greatly. That is all.
    (6-250) WHERE WILL THEY PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spot on. At first there was concern that it would be "low income housing" and now 20 reply later the debate is that there are no good jobs in OKC so no one can afford to live there. Some of these people (I know it is a vocal minority) live in an OKC that I don't recognize.

Thread Information