Widgets Magazine
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1279

Thread: Plaza District

Default Re: Plaza District

Was there a thread about the place just west of Mexican Radio? I remember photos of the back patio area?

I can't remember what it was, a bar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    Was there a thread about the place just west of Mexican Radio? I remember photos of the back patio area?

I can't remember what it was, a bar ?
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...highlight=love

They have since changed their name to The Hangout.

Blog Entries

From morning walk, looks like there’s activity in the old Neon location, any news on what may be going in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    From morning walk, looks like there’s activity in the old Neon location, any news on what may be going in?
    Is the coffee shop no longer there?

Neon's been closed for a little while now.

Their closing was really under the radar. Not too surprising though, their coffee wasn’t that great

Quote Originally Posted by caaokc View Post
    Their closing was really under the radar. Not too surprising though, their coffee wasn’t that great
    The one time I went there it was dearly expensive and not that great.

8. Default Re: Plaza District

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    The one time I went there it was dearly expensive and not that great.
    Yes their coffee was very bad, especially at their price point. But the thing I really miss were their donuts. Absurd how good those were. They should have leaned into the donut thing more. In any case I hope their pastry chef lands on their feet somewhere else.

I've always just kinda assumed Cope and team had a remaining lease on the space once the new Empire location opened/the slice shop closed and so was a low-cost way to try a new concept. And once the lease was up decided to close it down.

10. Default Re: Plaza District

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    I've always just kinda assumed Cope and team had a remaining lease on the space once the new Empire location opened/the slice shop closed and so was a low-cost way to try a new concept. And once the lease was up decided to close it down.
    Cope had put out a statement when she closed it down. She had mentioned it was something they did in order to help retain employees during the pandemic. Gun and the chicken sandwich joint struggled after some unfortunate events. That group actually did an amazing job during the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Cope had put out a statement when she closed it down. She had mentioned it was something they did in order to help retain employees during the pandemic. Gun and the chicken sandwich joint struggled after some unfortunate events. That group actually did an amazing job during the pandemic.
    if by "great" you mean not opening when they could and hurting their employees then sure ..

12. Default Re: Plaza District

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    if by "great" you mean not opening when they could and hurting their employees then sure ..
    This seems a little petty. Can you elaborate on what you think a busy local business is to do when a pandemic happens and people are getting sick and then your head chef at one of your restaurants dies suddenly?

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Is the coffee shop no longer there?
    The Sandoitchi pop up was early January in the old Neon space.

Not sure anything else has happened there since.

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    The Sandoitchi pop up was early January in the old Neon space.

Not sure anything else has happened there since.
    I haven't gotten any emails from sandoitchi recently, so I'm guessing it's not them doing anything to the space (not sure if they're planning on expanding anywhere or not).

15. Default Re: Plaza District

Sandoitchi is Texas-based. That was a temporary pop-up only. No long-term plans in that space or anywhere else in OKC.

This seems a little petty. Can you elaborate on what you think a busy local business is to do when a pandemic happens and people are getting sick and then your head chef at one of your restaurants dies suddenly?
    open when everyone else opens??

17. Default Re: Plaza District

open when everyone else opens??
    Thanks for that elaborating, question? It is clear you have problems with this group. There is no need for me to continue this query with you. Enjoy all the other places you go that aren't an 84 Hospitality location.

Thanks for that elaborating, question? It is clear you have problems with this group. There is no need for me to continue this query with you. Enjoy all the other places you go that aren't an 84 Hospitality location.
    i have no issue with this group and go to several of their restaurants regularly

but the idea that they handled covid well is simply not true ..

When I was at the Gazette, I interviewed 3 prominent restaurant groups and their very distinct approaches to the pandemic.

The first was Provision Concepts (Broadway 10, Sidecar, Hatch) and they were incredibly aggressive, even opening new places. That has propelled them to by far the most aggressive restaurant group in the OKC area.

Next was Humankind (Picasso, Frida, OSO) and they were in the middle ground, with reduced hours and tons of sterilization.

And then there was 84 Hospitality (Empire, Revolucion, Goro) where they just closed completely and stay closed much longer than almost every other restaurant in town.

Interestingly, all 3 groups are now thriving -- they just took different approaches to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    When I was at the Gazette, I interviewed 3 prominent restaurant groups and their very distinct approaches to the pandemic.

The first was Provision Concepts (Broadway 10, Sidecar, Hatch) and they were incredibly aggressive, even opening new places. That has propelled them to by far the most aggressive restaurant group in the OKC area.

Next was Humankind (Picasso, Frida, OSO) and they were in the middle ground, with reduced hours and tons of sterilization.

And then there was 84 Hospitality (Empire, Revolucion, Goro) where they just closed completely and stay closed much longer than almost every other restaurant in town.

Interestingly, all 3 groups are now thriving -- they just took different approaches to get there.
    Too bad you are no longer there, would have loved to read a retrospective interview with all three groups a few years after the fact.

There's a temporary sign up that says Sideline Bar & Grill outside of the old Mule building. Anyone know anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    There's a temporary sign up that says Sideline Bar & Grill outside of the old Mule building. Anyone know anything about this?
    Yes, it's the same group that runs Sideline (old Kong's space) on Campus Corner.

It's a sports bar.

Very interesting, I wonder how "campus corner college bar" will translate to the plaza.
    Anyone visited the original location? I haven't been back to campus corner in many years.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Very interesting, I wonder how "campus corner college bar" will translate to the plaza.
    Anyone visited the original location? I haven't been back to campus corner in many years.
    there has been a "dive" sports bar in the plaza for a long long time

there has been a "dive" sports bar in the plaza for a long long time
    Haha yeah I live in the area and am familiar with Scorecards- this place looks a bit different from social media, like an underage drinking hangout ($2 shot specials, fishbowl style to-share drinks, etc).
    Obviously location is a massive factor and the fuzzy's on campus corner looks a lot different than a fuzzy's in Edmond so was just interested if anyone had been there firsthand or knew if they actually had good food.

Thread Information