Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Voted!

Default Voted!

I distributed 100 Yes for MAPS and Vote Today signs this morning and I've voted, as has my husband. Son to follow. Now, democracy rules.

Default Re: Voted!

voted as well ... so we are at least off to a 3-0 start

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I distributed 100 Yes for MAPS and Vote Today signs this morning and I've voted, as has my husband. Son to follow. Now, democracy rules.
    The worst part of your accomplishments this morning is that now you get to pick those 100 signs back up. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    voted as well ... so we are at least off to a 3-0 start
    Not hardly, it's 3-3, I have to dogs that are registered voters.

Quote Originally Posted by andy157 View Post
    The worst part of your accomplishments this morning is that now you get to pick those 100 signs back up. Peace.
    I'd say it is well worth the effort when Maps 3 passes and our city's growth continues.

don't forget to go pick up all the signs you put out within 48 hours.

i'm sure they've been stolen by now.

just a joke. bah.

I voted too with all my fire and police buddies this morning. 22 of us went together. Guess what we voted.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
    Guess what we voted.
    For our city's growth and progress to come to a screeching halt?

Hope you didn't put them within 500 feet of the polling place (property line, not front door). Illegal, and double illegal if on City right of way.

I voted too with all my fire and police buddies this morning. 22 of us went together. Guess what we voted.
    How do you know how they voted?

Out of Fear and ignorance unfortunately. It is taxes that pay for the salaries that you are bemoaning the loss of. I feel for ya. It is no fun to be out of a job. Have been there. But the very initiative that you are hoping will fail is part of the solution to your woes. It will stimulate further private investment and that will create substantial increases in collected taxes from which the fire & police departments are supported. But you have already voted with your feet so best of luck to you.

As for the rest of you, think then vote, never let an organization be the one to usurp your right to vote due to pressure or coersion. It was won with too great a price to surrender it to another group that is worried more about self preservation than what is actually good in the long run for its members.

Just so I am clear. VOTE MAPS 3 !!!

You know what is funny, if MAPS III fails the police and fire unions are going to push their own sales tax to benefit them. Good luck with that effort now. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Planning on it.

Betts, you should have put your signs in illegal locations. That way, tomorrow all of these 'No' people that seemed so concerned about illegal signs can get them for you. You NTM'ers are still going to clean up the illegally placed 'Yes' signs after the election is over aren't you? Or is your respect for law and order only situational?

I suspect after today you won't care so much about where signs are placed. But that is just me.

Actually, I should say planning on it if they're still there tomorrow. There were crews out picking up YES signs last night. I suppose they were all friends of Mark Shannon, because there's no way they could be policemen or firefighters, right? It is odd that signs at a home across from the fire station keep disappearing, no matter how often they're put up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    You know what is funny, if MAPS III fails the police and fire unions are going to push their own sales tax to benefit them. Good luck with that effort now. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
    they claim that maps 3 passing would have created a need for more cops .. well if mpas 3 fails i guess we will need less cops ... way to vote yourself out of a job .. because i promise you that if this vote fails we will have less fire and police jobs in okc

Voted yes this morning a little before 8. I was number 38 for the area around Westmoore high school. In my experience that is on the light side. How was turnout for your areas?

Planning on it.
    betts, it was a joke, it is over, lighten up, peace= olive branch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Indeed. And guess what the answer will be when their various "support firefighters and police families" charities call for donations.

Frittergirl
    As usual you're a source of incorrect information.

The ordinance is OS 26 Chapter 7 section 108- and it reads "No person shall be allowed to electioneer within three hundred (300) feet of any ballot box while an election is in progress, nor shall any person or persons, except election officials and other persons authorized by law, be allowed within fifty (50) feet of any ballot box while an election is in progress.

Vote No. Not This Maps.

betts, it was a joke, it is over, lighten up, peace= olive branch.
    In other words, we really need you to vote for our pending sales tax increase to help out the fire union.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You guys should have thought of that before you started setting the bridges on fire, metaphorically speaking of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    they claim that maps 3 passing would have created a need for more cops .. well if mpas 3 fails i guess we will need less cops ... way to vote yourself out of a job .. because i promise you that if this vote fails we will have less fire and police jobs in okc
    Regarding the issue of less Cops and less Firefighters. MAPS passing, or MAPS failing is inmaterial, so barring a miracle it is going to happen no matter what the outcome is. It is obvious that will come as good news to some.

I was number 239 at about 9:30.

I was #47 at 8:05 am... Oh and I voted Yes.

Thread Information