Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAPS watch party

Default MAPS watch party

where?

Default Re: MAPS watch party

your house?

I'm aware of a rumor, and it is only that, just for Shannon and some NTM'ers, Tobey Keith may rename his place for one night to the I Love this MAPs Bar & Grill
    8^)

It is at the Myriad, I think. Somebody told me, and I forgot. I'm not a big fan of watch parties, so I didn't stick it in the long-term memory bank.

Yessers to the Cox Business Center, NTM'ers no clue. Maybe their respective union halls for the F and P, and then perhaps a Taco bell somewhere for their 250 supporters who each slipped them a buck. Nah, that's just cheesy of me. I'm sure they also have some party hole to commiserate.

Yessers to the Cox Business Center, NTM'ers no clue. Maybe their respective union halls for the F and P, and then perhaps a Taco bell somewhere for their 250 supporters who each slipped them a buck. Nah, that's just cheesy of me. I'm sure they also have some party hole to commiserate.
    You'll be down in NORMAN right Kevin?

It is at the Myriad, I think. Somebody told me, and I forgot. I'm not a big fan of watch parties, so I didn't stick it in the long-term memory bank.
    Watch it from the house. It's not going to be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by iron76hd View Post
    Funny you don't have a problem with the union heads living in Norman and Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUFan View Post
    Funny you don't have a problem with the union heads living in Norman and Newcastle.
    Wait a minute - the Union heads for OKC PD and Fire live in Norman and Newcastle? You are kidding right?

I wish I was. Of course Iron has no problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by iron76hd View Post
    Most likely. Grandbaby in da haus trumps watch party six ways to sunday.

I'm in favor of MAPs, don't mind bringing my tax dollars to OKC after it passes, but no party is more important than family. besides, who knows, I might even run into one of the union chiefs while I'm out for a bag of chips.

As I won't likely be in town, here's a helpful hint iron .. once the returns start to roll in, if you turn your head slightly to the right, your tears will miss your beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Wait a minute - the Union heads for OKC PD and Fire live in Norman and Newcastle? You are kidding right?
    In fairness to the union heads, while it is a fun lil' fact they live elsewhere, it's on the up and up as there is no legal requirement for them to live in the OKC limits.

Actually, as I understand it, lots of the rank and file for public safety choose not to live within OKC limits. I don't know if that holds true for other city departments or not.

For those that live in Norman, which is where I've been the past couple of decades, I don't blame 'em one bit. Nice place down here, but it's fun to come to OKC as well, more so now than when I first came to this part of the state in the mid 80's, way more fun now.
    Last edited by kevinpate; 12-08-2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: typo

I personally could care less where they live. I just think it is odd that Iron has a problem with those who are for this that live outside of OKC but not his ouwn leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    In fairness to the union heads, while it is a fun lil' fact they live elsewhere, it's on the up and up as there is no legal requirement for them to live in the OKC limits.

Actually, as I understand it, lots of the rank and file for public safety choose not to live within OKC limits. I don't know if that holds true for other city departments or not.

For those that live in Norman, which is where I've been the past couple of decades, I don't blame 'em one bit. Nice place down here, but it's fun to come to OKC as well, more so now than when I first came to this part of the state in the mid 80's, way more fun now.
    As a former municipal employee for a small government in Florida, I didn't live in the city I worked for either. However, I didn't have decision making authority. It seems to me that if you can spend city dollars (over a certain limit), make policy, or otherwise direct how city functions run, then you should have to live in the city you work for. But that might be a discussion for another thread.

All local donut shops? Just kidding! I'm surprised that nobody beat me to this.

16. Default Re: MAPS watch party

Porter Davis and his buddies are having their watchparty at T: and Urban Teahouse on N. May.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

I've been volunteering on the campaign, got an email that the YES for MAPS3 watch party will be at the COX convention center at 7 pm in ballroom C.

I'll be there hope to see some of you there too to celebrate our pending victory.

18. Default Re: MAPS watch party

I only got an informal invite (from my friend Dean Schirf) ... but I'm planning to attend with my camera and do a story, whether it's sad or happy. Hope to meet some of you there.

19. Default Re: MAPS watch party

I think it's for about anyone. I received one over Facebook from two different sources.

I've got a good feeling about this. I'm actually very excited right now. Rumor is it's about 59% Yes. If that holds true, it means the people of Oklahoma City have faith in their local government, and are willing to invest in their own city. You realize how uncommon that is today?

If this goes through as I think it will, it's... it's going to mean we're becoming a truly innovative and progressive city. I can't stop smiling right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Porter Davis and his buddies are having their watchparty at T: and Urban Teahouse on N. May.
    That seems like an odd place to have a watch party. Just saying.

22. Default Re: MAPS watch party

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    I've got a good feeling about this. I'm actually very excited right now. Rumor is it's about 59% Yes. If that holds true, it means the people of Oklahoma City have faith in their local government, and are willing to invest in their own city. You realize how uncommon that is today?

If this goes through as I think it will, it's... it's going to mean we're becoming a truly innovative and progressive city. I can't stop smiling right now.
    Yes!!

Does anyone know which channel will have best coverage or if anything will be streaming online at 7?

23. Default Re: MAPS watch party

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    That seems like an odd place to have a watch party. Just saying.
    LOL it was a joke!
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

JUMP ON IT! JUMP ON IT!

I love that song they're playing during this watch party.

Reminds me of Will and Carlton in that club. Calrton gets tossed, LOL!

25. Default Re: MAPS watch party

The P&F watch party had a whopping 100 people. LOL. That's some impressive support from the rank and file members.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Thread Information