Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Plastic Surgeon in Oklahoma.

Default Best Plastic Surgeon in Oklahoma.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me to the best plastic surgeon for breast augmentations here in Oklahoma (preferably, Oklahoma City.) So far, I really favour Dr. Juan A. Brou. I have seen some of Dr. Gonce's work do not like. I am hesitant of Dr. Silverstein, because a friend of mine had some major complications. Anyways, I would appreciate any recommendations, thank you!

Default Re: Best Plastic Surgeon in Oklahoma.

Dr. Love. Seriously. Be sure you do your research. Don't know if this is for you or a friend but it is a big step. Common on the west coast but still significant surgery that includes anesthsia and a painful recuperation, could have permanent nerve damage, etc. And they typically need to be redone in 10 - 15 years. Insurance won't pay. If the patient hasn't had kids but wants to, think about how pregnancy plays heck with that part of the anatomy.

Dr. Brou is great. He did some lipo on me years ago, and he's just the nicest, most professional person. Very reasonable with price too.

Also, Dr. Love is good too, but the girl at his front desk is kind of snotty. Never used Dr. Gonce, but did visit his office once (I wasn't impressed.)

To me though, Dr. Brou has more of an artistic hand. You'd probably get a better result by choosing him.

Dr. Silverstein I've never met, but I hear he's the best nose job surgeon in Okc.

Dr. Brou did my sister's breasts and my friends lipo... both turned out great.

I have been doing research for about 7 years now, and I like Dr. Brou the best so far. I'm finally deciding to get them done in May of next year so, thought I'd ask who else but local Oklahomans. Thanks for the info, I really do appreciate it.

I know someone Dr. Brou did a reduction on, and they did really well. Otherwise, I have no experience with plastic surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by ronronnie1 View Post
    Dr. Brou is great. He did some lipo on me years ago, and he's just the nicest, most professional person. Very reasonable with price too.

Also, Dr. Love is good too, but the girl at his front desk is kind of snotty. Never used Dr. Gonce, but did visit his office once (I wasn't impressed.)

To me though, Dr. Brou has more of an artistic hand. You'd probably get a better result by choosing him.

Dr. Silverstein I've never met, but I hear he's the best nose job surgeon in Okc.
    I was wondering what price range he charges for silicone if you know. Thanks.

you seem to be set on dr. brou, but be aware that he graduated from an overseas medical school (Peruvian University Cayetano Heredia Medical School). remember that it is easier to get accepted into an overseas medical school (not talking about Cambridge) than an M.D. medical school in the U.S.

Dr. Brou is certified with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He has hospital privileges at Mercy Hospital, among others. I'd recomend him in a second.

And Jujubeans, I don't know what he charges for silicone implants, but he quoted me a price of only $2000 for rhinoplasty (nosejob,) so he's very reasonable on price. Go in for an apt as I believe it's free to do so.

is this thread for real?

So juju, wanna grab a drink sometime, are you busy in late May?

Indeed 2k is very reasonable! I have been wanting to get them done for awhile due to one being a bit larger than the other. Anyways, thank you ronronnie1.

Why wouldn't it not be real? It's okctalk.com I wanted to find a doctor in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJuBeans View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could recommend me to the best plastic surgeon for breast augmentations here in Oklahoma (preferably, Oklahoma City.) So far, I really favour Dr. Juan A. Brou. I have seen some of Dr. Gonce's work do not like. I am hesitant of Dr. Silverstein, because a friend of mine had some major complications. Anyways, I would appreciate any recommendations, thank you!
    Dr. Love (yes, seriously) is the best, and you will pay for the best, too.

had some friends go to Dr. Stephen Gothier

whatever you do, do NOT go to Dr. Michele Cohn

Quote Originally Posted by flippity View Post
    whatever you do, do NOT go to Dr. Michele Cohn
    my advanced super step aerobics teacher went to her. they look fine under her sports bra.. what's wrong with her? I'll check out Love also.

What do you guys think about Dr. Porterfield? I went for a consult about two years ago to him, but wasn't very comfortable. His pictures look alright, but of course they always post up their good work.

I went to Dr. Porterfield for a liposuction consultation 5 years ago, but ended up having Dr. Love perform it instead (yeah, I've had plastic surgery on more then one occasion.)

Dr. Porterfield and his staff are extremely friendly and insightful, however, he said something that made me change my mind...

I asked him to remove some fat from my upper torso and then requested that he take out some fat from my belly. He scoffed at the idea saying that I didn't have any belly fat to remove! Yeah I don't have much belly fat, but I don't want ANY at all.

I kind of got the impression that the results he would give me wouldn't be aesthetically pleasing, so I chose Dr. Love. Another thing, and this is kind of shallow of me, but Dr. Porterfield is quite short and Dr. Love is over 6 foot. I just figured that a taller doctor would be able to maneuver better around the operating table.

If I was going to pick silicone facial implants, I'd give Dr. Porterfield a try though. The variety of shapes and sizes he offers is amazing.

Bottom line: Dr. Brou, then Dr. Love (in that order.)

Dr. Porterfield to me felt a bit distant compared to the other doctor's I have seen. I only saw him for like 5 minutes and spent the rest of time talking to a staff member. The staff was friendly, but Dr. Porterfield just examined my 'twins' and left.

Well, I don't think that's shallow at all. Looks should determine who you go to IMHO.

I might check out Shadid again. Definitely, leaning towards Brou. I have a consultation with him next Tuesday. My friend went to Love and says she regrets getting her boobs done, and they turned out really hard with bad scarring, but I'm still going to check him out he's listed best in OKC in the Gazette. Thank you so much Ron for all the info you have given me!

I know some people who speak very highly of Dr. Magnusson in Norman.

Anyone been to Dr. Justin Jones?

I'm considering an eye lift in the not-too-distant future. Any recommendations for that?

Going to Brou today, and I hear he has an artists hands and also his office advertises more on facial aesthetics so, I'll see how good his work is for you today. I have a feeling I'll get my surgery from Dr. Justin Jones though. His portfolio is amazing, and he's only in his mid-early 30s! I have a consultation with him on the 26th of next month.

JuJu please let us know how your consult with Dr. Jones goes next month. Please ask him about rhinoplasty "nose job" costs. I'd call myself, but people seem too intent on pressuring me to come in just to answer a simple question. Thanx!

Sorry, I haven't replied sooner. I have been a bit busy, but my consult with Dr. Brou went well except he didn't want to go over 350cc. I actually kinda had to pull his leg to let me try on the 350, because initially he wanted 325 for me. I am 5' 5" 95-100lbs and am around a 32A aka FLAT! I can sometimes wear 32B, but mostly 32A or maybe even a 32AA. I want to be a 32D-32DD. I'll let you know how Dr. Jones is next month. His receptionist when they called me after me sending an e-mail to them told me the cost of what they charge for a BA w/o me even asking. I think it's tacky to ask pricing w/o them telling me first, but they quoted me the price so, that's cool. Both Brou and Jones quoted 4600, and in March I hear most all the plastic surgeons have a 'spring break special' going on. So, around 4250 for Brou. I have my appointment scheduled for my operation on the 15th of March 2010 already. But, anyways.. I'll definitely ask for you ronronnie. Maybe, Dr. Jones will have a special for rhinoplasty during the spring time also. I'll write it down in my planner right now so I don't forget, haha!

Thread Information