Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 90

Thread: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

  1. #1

    Default Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    OK, those crappy apts at 29th and Sooner road and that old Gas station.
    I see work going on but havent heard anything about whats going there?

    I did hear a rumor that Tinker bought it and is tearing it down..........

    Anybody know anything?????

  2. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Looks like they took out tanks at old gas station and fences are down in multiple places, but the apartments continue to stand and harbor rats and vagrants.

    It's an eyesore and safety/health hazard - last I heard Del City was set to demolish.
    Unions - the folks who brought you weekends!
    Proud Army Veteran's Mom

  3. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Has nothing to do with Tinker. It was Del City forcing the California company that owned those as well as those off of I-40 to stop letting them deteriorate. They were all supposed to have already been torn down. Big surprise Del City is dragging their feet.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    The service station is gone. They were finishing it up this morning when I drove by. Let's get to the apartments.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    I've heard that an On Cue Express is going in where the old gas station was.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by Wambo36 View Post
    The service station is gone. They were finishing it up this morning when I drove by. Let's get to the apartments.
    They are waiting for tornado season, hoping to save some money.

    -Chris-

  7. #7

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    OK, those crappy apts at 29th and Sooner road and that old Gas station.
    I see work going on but havent heard anything about whats going there?

    I did hear a rumor that Tinker bought it and is tearing it down..........

    Anybody know anything?????
    those apartments are indeed old. i believe currently its called kristie manor/kristie manor north.

    i can still remember back in 1990 when my sister lived there, kristie manor north was called woodcreek apartments--they were old back then too.

    thats a noticeable thing about okc to those who move here from other parts of the country: tons of old apartments, a few newer ones.

    most of the newer ones that were built in the last 10 years or so are concentrated in key areas, mainly edmond and norman.

    finding a new apartment complex in midwest city is tough, the only one that even surfaces to mind is the ones on the southwestern corner of 10th and air depot in midwest city, and they are ridiculously overpriced.

    del city and certain areas of okc probably run neck to neck in competition for having some of the oldest apartment complexes in the metro area.

    but alas, okc is a growing and prosperous city. we have a great downtown area thats being progressively redeveloped. we are attracting new business and commerce here all the time.

    and with those strides assuredly comes the inevitable tearing down of old apartment complexes to build newer ones to accomodate the influx of transplant residents that will soon move here seeking our new industries for their occupational pursuits.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by Wambo36 View Post
    The service station is gone. They were finishing it up this morning when I drove by. Let's get to the apartments.
    r.i.p. tune-up masters

  9. #9

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Has nothing to do with Tinker. It was Del City forcing the California company that owned those as well as those off of I-40 to stop letting them deteriorate. They were all supposed to have already been torn down. Big surprise Del City is dragging their feet.
    Actually, it has something to do with Tinker. Both are in the flight path of the accident potential zone 1 (APZ1) of the crosswinds runway. As part of the Joint Land Use Study and the Air Installation Compatability Use Zone study, those properties were recommended to be removed and cleared. It just so happens that they were condemned by Del City. They will be destroyed and nothing will replace them.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by LordGerald View Post
    Actually, it has something to do with Tinker. Both are in the flight path of the accident potential zone 1 (APZ1) of the crosswinds runway. As part of the Joint Land Use Study and the Air Installation Compatability Use Zone study, those properties were recommended to be removed and cleared. It just so happens that they were condemned by Del City. They will be destroyed and nothing will replace them.
    that doesnt make any sense. there hasnt been an accident there in the last 25 yrs or so, and aircraft technology has significantly improved since that time.

    so why does tinker suddenly jump to its feet now with a safety concern?

    or is this REALLY just del city's way of selling land to tinker with the eternal security of having a stout reason to annex its land for govt purposes knowing well that no apartments will ever be erected there ever again.

    i think del city is trying to erradicate and eventually remove ALL of its apartments in favor of rezoning the areas for commerce instead.

    del city has nothing but a troubled past with the apartment complexes its had, and would like to shed that past once and for all.

    they only have 8 square miles to deal with, shouldnt be too much of a chore to make all 8 apartment-free.

  11. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    That's totally wrong General. That's what a few folks that weren't even associated with Tinker anymore wanted to have happen (including not letting the devleopment at I-40 and Sooner to happen). They failed to make a case for their argument...basically because they would like to take all of EOC for their safe zone. But there isn't any reason for it. It's a long story that can be summed up to....that's incorrect.

    As I said before, the California company that bought the two complexes has been getting in trouble across the country...and specifically here in OKC. Del City took a proactive approach and condemned the properties because of the failures of the LLC to maintain properly. They were taken to court and the city ran out the leases for the year and started boarding up the buildings. That's why it took a long time for them to finish boarding up....but they were supposed to doze several months ago. I do not know why they haven't.

    As for the comment that businesses won't be going back in, that's also incorrect. Go check the county assesor's site. On 9-1-09, a local LLC purchased the land. If they weren't going to allow development of the land, they wouldn't be allowed to sell it. Note the reduction in market value....from 3.5 million to just over 1.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    That's totally wrong General. That's what a few folks that weren't even associated with Tinker anymore wanted to have happen (including not letting the devleopment at I-40 and Sooner to happen). They failed to make a case for their argument...basically because they would like to take all of EOC for their safe zone. But there isn't any reason for it. It's a long story that can be summed up to....that's incorrect.

    As I said before, the California company that bought the two complexes has been getting in trouble across the country...and specifically here in OKC. Del City took a proactive approach and condemned the properties because of the failures of the LLC to maintain properly. They were taken to court and the city ran out the leases for the year and started boarding up the buildings. That's why it took a long time for them to finish boarding up....but they were supposed to doze several months ago. I do not know why they haven't.

    As for the comment that businesses won't be going back in, that's also incorrect. Go check the county assesor's site. On 9-1-09, a local LLC purchased the land. If they weren't going to allow development of the land, they wouldn't be allowed to sell it. Note the reduction in market value....from 3.5 million to just over 1.
    Fair enough. All I know is what I read in the JLUS report, which is below:

    Highlights of Del City’s efforts to preserve and protect the Tinker AFB APZs as provided by city staff for this report include:

    APZ I

    Rezoned Clanton Trailer Park (SE 29th and Sooner) from high density residential (Mobile Home Park / M-H) to much lower density commercial (Arterial Commercial / AC). Rejected several uses, including a bank, a convenience store, and an automobile sales lot, all of which would have been a gathering point for large numbers of people.

    Condemned and is vacating large parts of the Kristie Manor Apartment Complex (SE 29th and Sooner). Property is intended for rezoning from high density residential (R-4) to much lower density commercial (Arterial Commercial / A-C).

    Worked with real estate agent to include specifi c information about APZ I land use and density restrictions in promotional materials for Tune Up Masters property (SE 29th and Sooner). Rejected several potential uses, including dry cleaner shop, convenience store, automobile sales lot, and child care center.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Wow, great information to the speculation.
    I heard that Del City is still involved in tearing it down now the lawsuit has been dropped.

    So, what are they going to do with all that vacant land?????when its tore down

  14. #14

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    those apartments are indeed old. i believe currently its called kristie manor/kristie manor north.

    i can still remember back in 1990 when my sister lived there, kristie manor north was called woodcreek apartments--they were old back then too
    I had a cousin who lived there in the early to mid seventies. Certianly time for them to come down.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    .

    As I said before, the California company that bought the two complexes has been getting in trouble across the country...and specifically here in OKC. Del City took a proactive approach and condemned the properties because of the failures of the LLC to maintain properly. They were taken to court and the city ran out the leases for the year and started boarding up the buildings. That's why it took a long time for them to finish boarding up....but they were supposed to doze several months ago. I do not know why they haven't.
    From what I've read about the the owner from California, it's suprising he's not facing some sort of criminal charges. He buys these properties and collects rent while letting them fall apart around the renters ears. Good riddance.

  16. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Has nothing to do with Tinker. It was Del City forcing the California company that owned those as well as those off of I-40 to stop letting them deteriorate. They were all supposed to have already been torn down. Big surprise Del City is dragging their feet.
    Actually, no. The company sued to stop the process. Now that is over, down they go. One is already cleared. They're doing it one by one. I drive by there every day.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Actually, no. The company sued to stop the process. Now that is over, down they go. One is already cleared. They're doing it one by one. I drive by there every day.
    Del City can do everything in its power to get rid of all its nasty old apartment complexes that attract less than desirable residents and/or those with criminal backgrounds.

    however, even if it should accomplish its goal it will still be haunted by the slew of apartments in okc just across its jurisdiction line south of s.e. 44th and sunnylane, not to mention mwc has its share of crooked complexes (the ones slightly north of 10th and midwest blvd surface to mind), and okc also has a few crooked ones right outside dc off of I-35 and s.e. 44th.

    so, even if the apartments go, these types of people del city no longer desires to harbor will still frequent del city due to the businesses located there (i.e. walmart, various eateries, etc)

  18. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    Del City can do everything in its power to get rid of all its nasty old apartment complexes that attract less than desirable residents and/or those with criminal backgrounds.

    however, even if it should accomplish its goal it will still be haunted by the slew of apartments in okc just across its jurisdiction line south of s.e. 44th and sunnylane, not to mention mwc has its share of crooked complexes (the ones slightly north of 10th and midwest blvd surface to mind), and okc also has a few crooked ones right outside dc off of I-35 and s.e. 44th.

    so, even if the apartments go, these types of people del city no longer desires to harbor will still frequent del city due to the businesses located there (i.e. walmart, various eateries, etc)
    Hopefully you are not attacking Sunnyview. That place is top notch in the whole area of apartments there. I'm living there a year now and the staff work hard. Right now, the whole place is getting new roof, not only that, they are replacing the entire top of buildings under the roof and the ac/heat works.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by cad_poke View Post
    I've heard that an On Cue Express is going in where the old gas station was.
    I heard this from an OnCue store manager as well.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Has nothing to do with Tinker. It was Del City forcing the California company that owned those as well as those off of I-40 to stop letting them deteriorate. They were all supposed to have already been torn down. Big surprise Del City is dragging their feet.
    Bomber why would you say that. Reading earlier post it seems that Del City was STOPPED in their process to tear them down when the property owner filed a law suit to prevent that.

    Sorry but even a CITY has to do what some old man in a Black Robe says.

    Guess they won their law suit and have now proceeded with new owners to get them down.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    Bomber why would you say that. Reading earlier post it seems that Del City was STOPPED in their process to tear them down when the property owner filed a law suit to prevent that.

    Sorry but even a CITY has to do what some old man in a Black Robe says.

    Guess they won their law suit and have now proceeded with new owners to get them down.
    cause bomber thinks he's the know-it-all on mid-del issues and news. sometimes he is, sometimes hes not.

  22. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    wow mireaux, thanks for your educated insight. The fact that you personally feel that way, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside considering your other posts.

    Fact is, i hadn't heard that the lawsuit came about. When the process first started, the company wasn't putting up a fight at all.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Yes, it was in the Sun that they had filed a lawsuit over the condemnation order.

  24. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    Ah, that's why I missed it. I don't get the sun...but I guess no one will before long.

  25. Default Re: Kristie Manor APts/ Del City

    It was posted somewhere on here a long time ago.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 10:30 AM
  2. Oklahoma Recent Positive Press
    By AFCM in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
  3. Should the city create a business incentive fund??
    By metro in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 05:55 PM
  4. The NBA in OKC Megathread
    By HOT ROD in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 320
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 06:46 AM
  5. Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 05:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO