Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rhett's Meat Market - Britton & May

1. Default Rhett's Meat Market - Britton & May

went in last night trying to find a home made italian sausauge, but they don't do sausage. But, the steaks looked really good and he said they also do aging.

i plan to get some steaks from there soon. Has anyone tried it?

Default Re: Rhett's Meat Market - Britton & May

Have you been to the Beef Jerky Emporium right by Rhett's? They have great steaks as well as good italian sausage (sausages of all kinds), chickens, and of course a world of beef and other meat jerkies. They have tamales, seasonings (I get my dry rub there for BBQ) and hot sauces. I love that place!

i like going to beef jerky emporium... other than the jerky, they sell some good italian sausage and andouille but it's all frozen. while i can handle buying frozen sausage, i can't get past buying frozen steaks... especially at the price level they sell them at.

never been next door to rhett's but have been curious about going. jim, when you're talking 'aging' are you referring to dry aging? also... what else do they sell there?

-M

4. Default Re: Rhett's Meat Market - Britton & May

we used to buy from them when they were in Northpark. haven't been to this location and had no idea they did sausage. thanks for the heads up!

5. Default Re: Rhett's Meat Market - Britton & May

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    never been next door to rhett's but have been curious about going. jim, when you're talking 'aging' are you referring to dry aging? also... what else do they sell there?
    it just said "prime" aging. i should have asked if that was dry aging.

rhett's has fresh steaks (he was cutting them as i was talking to him) and other beef cuts and pork and i think i saw bison and some other things. wasn't there very long, unfortunately, had to find italian sausage for wife's b-day dinner.

(actually got a pretty darn good italian sausage from homeland butcher - was pleasantly surprised)

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    i like going to beef jerky emporium... other than the jerky, they sell some good italian sausage and andouille but it's all frozen. while i can handle buying frozen sausage, i can't get past buying frozen steaks... especially at the price level they sell them at.
    -M
    No doubt the steaks are pricey, but I can tell you from experience they are outstanding. BJE gets them from Edes Custom Meats in Amarillo. I too was distracted by the fact that they are frozen, but not after trying them. Some of the best I've had, so IMO they're worth it at least for special occasions. I actually have more of an issue with the fact that the steaks are pre-seasoned. They are undoubtedly very good with the seasoning, but I don't always want that seasoning. Just a matter of personal preference. Edes has unseasoned steaks, but BJE doesn't carry them.

Does Rhett's carry lamb or veal?

I got bone-in ribeye steaks from Rhett's, they were outstanding.

Thread Information