Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default White House advisers say Fox News is not news

WASHINGTON – White House advisers pledged on Sunday to book administration officials on Fox News despite claims by the president's inner circle that the cable network is a GOP mouthpiece whose programming "is geared toward making money."

Last week, White House communications director Anita Dunn said Fox News operates "almost as either the research arm or the communications arm of the Republican Party." On Sunday, Rahm Emanuel, President Barack Obama's chief of staff, said, "It is not a news organization so much as it has a perspective."

In response to the criticism, Fox News executive Michael Clemente on Sunday accused the White House of continuing to "declare war on a news organization" rather than focusing on issues such as jobs and health care.

Balance of article at:
    White House advisers say Fox News is not news - Yahoo! News
    Last edited by kevinpate; 10-19-2009 at 07:58 AM. Reason: typo

Lord Helmet Guest

Default Re: White House advisers say Fox News is not news

Aren't all of the cable news channels "geared toward money making"???

I don't think that any of them are not-for-profit organizations.

Sounds like the White House has their panties in a wad again.

In other news, CMT awards Barack with Country Entertainer of the year.

Obama Named Country Music Entertainer of the Year
    Surprise Selection Shocks Nashville

NASHVILLE (The Borowitz Report) - President Barack Obama stunned the country music world today by picking up its highest honor, Country Music Entertainer of the Year.
    Mr. Obama was chosen unanimously, according to the Country Music Association, beating out such favorite as Carrie Underwood and Toby Keith.
    In Nashville , country music insiders were shocked by Mr. Obama's selection, given that he has only been in office for eight months and during that time has yet to record a single country song.
    But Mr. Obama was gracious in receiving the honor, saying that he was "honored and humbled" by the award before excusing himself to accept this year's Heisman Trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Aren't all of the cable news channels "geared toward money making"???

I don't think that any of them are not-for-profit organizations.
    cable and broadcast channels as well, excluding the OETA types, government and honest to goodness nfp operations.

What do you expect from White House Communications Director Anita Dunn, who cites mass murderer Mao Tse-tung as one of her most admired political philosophers. I wonder which teaching of Mao she admires the most, as she didn’t specify.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    What do you expect from White House Communications Director Anita Dunn, who cites mass murderer Mao Tse-tung as one of her most admired political philosophers. I wonder which teaching of Mao she admires the most, as she didnít specify.

So... did you bother to watch the video or just believe what Glen Beck told you?

More with the Glenn Beck hating..... jeez.

He's really got people twisted up. (maybe its because he's on to something! LOL)

I have to say alot of news lately is opinion, and analysis and Fox News isnt alone in that.
    I read and watch from many sources of news.
    I think the WH, should just curtail access for a short time, but dont get in a match with them.
    The old saying never get in a fight with someone who buys their ink by the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawg View Post
    So... did you bother to watch the video or just believe what Glen Beck told you?
    I don't watch Glen Beck, but maybe I will start. I got the story from World Net Daily. Are you suggesting that she didn't say Mao was one of her favorite political philosophers.

Here is quote from Dunn that tells you everything you need to know.
    On Sunday, Fox's Chris Wallace retorted: "We wanted to ask Dunn about her criticism, but, as they've done every week since August, the White House refused to make any administration officials available to 'FOX News Sunday' to talk about this or anything else."

The White House stopped providing guests to 'Fox News Sunday' after Wallace fact-checked controversial assertions made by Tammy Duckworth, assistant secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs, in August. Dunn said fact-checking an administration official was "something I've never seen a Sunday show do."

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawg View Post
    Yes, this is somehow Glen Beck's fault.

I dont even watch FOX News but I do appreciate that they'll report on something that the other networks wont. They've raised questions about Barack's Czar appointees, ACORN and any other number of things that everyone else seems to want to keep under the rug.

This led to a resignation and funds being diverted to a corrupt and partisan "non-profit" that was eating tax dollars to elect democratic officials.

So I can understand why the White House would want to demean the Right Winged News network. Yet, it's having unintended consequences. As most political commentators have noted, it's incredibly risky in pure strategic terms and seems to have backfired as FOX's already high rating are just climbing higher and higher.

After the White House basically made claim to "controlling" the media, It's not surprising they'd go after all media sources that compromise their monopoly on the media. FOX is that largest of those.

The White House attempts to discredit a major whistle-blower on this Administration's ethics problems. Big surprise. Why doesn't Obama just stop aligning and associating himself with criminals, marxists, and corrupt politicians? There is a novel idea. Hope and Change, ya'll. Hope and Change.

They're all in it for the money. In particular Fox and MSNBC (post 2006) are exactly the same model (e.g. blatant bias) except at opposite ends of the spectrum.

None of this is really anything new. Bush didn't like MSNBC... his administration quietly encouraged his folks not to go on that network. Going back decades we all know about Nixon and his disgust for the media.

But I don't really see how the Obama Admin pointing this out accomplishes anything. To me it is amateur politics when a politician starts blaming the media and mentioning outlets by name. I still can't believe that his folks continue to talk about Beck and Limbuagh.

If history teaches us anything from Nixon's era, poking the big media bear repeatedly does nothing but piss off the bear, which is probably going to make your day a living hell.

Anita Dunn is the dullest tool in the entire box. Her comments regarding Mao Tse Tsung were appalling and one of the most un-American thing I've ever heard. I thought it was a joke at first.

What is this world coming to? Stay tuned to Fox News, they'll let you know! (when the rest of the state controlled media won't)

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    What do you expect from White House Communications Director Anita Dunn,
    who cites mass murderer Mao Tse-tung as one of her most admired political
    philosophers. I wonder which teaching of Mao she admires the most, as she
    didnít specify.
    She's totally clueless.

As far a Fox News not being news, that's laughable. But what can you really
    expect from this administration?

Hmmmmmmmmmm............the one news outlet they didn't "control"......?

The Obama campaign's press strategy leading up to his election last November focused on "making" the media cover what the campaign wanted and on exercising absolute "control" over coverage, White House Communications Director Anita Dunn told an overseas crowd early this year.

In a video of the event, Dunn is seen describing in detail the media strategy used by then-Sen. Barack Obama's highly disciplined presidential campaign. The video is footage from a Jan. 12 forum hosted by the Global Foundation for Democracy and Development in the Dominican Republic.

"Very rarely did we communicate through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control," Dunn said, admitting that the strategy "did not always make us popular in the press."

The video drew attention after Dunn kicked off a war of words with Fox News last Sunday, calling the network "opinion journalism masquerading as news." The White House stopped providing guests to "Fox News Sunday" in August after host Chris Wallace fact-checked controversial assertions made by Tammy Duckworth, assistant secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Dunn complained about the fact-checking last Sunday. In the January forum, she provided details about the lengths to which the Obama campaign went to control the media message.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    Hope and Change, ya'll. Hope and Change.
    I've had enough change.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSkater View Post
    Anita Dunn is the dullest tool in the entire box. Her comments regarding Mao Tse Tsung were appalling and one of the most un-American thing I've ever heard. I thought it was a joke at first.
    She leaves me dumbfounded, as in - "What did she just say???" She is from another planet. If she thinks she can come out and spout the stuff she has been spouting with no real blow back, I have to wonder who she is hanging with. And the mindset of them what hired her.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    I've had enough change.
    No, Pruney - the correct line is, "Keep the change."

This is where the "hope" kicks in.....

They are all not news. Fox just happens to be the worst offender. And Fox, unlik ethe rest, has no actual journalism whatsoever. Other major broadcasters have 1-2 shows where you MIGHT learn something.

The WH didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. Only brain dead bafoons take Faux Noise seriously. Thank doG Faux's age 60+ bafoon demographic is dying off.

RR, I like Fox News. I am half in love with Shepard Smith. If you think I'm brain dead, you go right ahead. From you, that just doesn't mean much. Are you just a troll or are you capable of being embarassed at the empty crap you write? Why do you even do this? I'm half interested - what do you possibly get out of coming on this message board and showing your butt?

Prunepicker Guest

I like Fox News. They have the intestinal fortitude to criticize the BO
    administration. Correction: an administration that makes jimma look like he
    knew what he was doing, and we all know he didn't.

Blog Entries

I use Fox News mainly to find out what the latest topics are that are upsetting people on the right.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/218192

Thread Information