Widgets Magazine
Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2166676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1795

Thread: BancFirst Tower

Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Don't want to be that guy since this just got up and running, buuut - Bancfirst LEDs already have some pixels not working on the east and north sides. I would say it is a single dead pixel on the E side, and a line of about ~3 pixels on the N side.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Don't want to be that guy since this just got up and running, buuut - Bancfirst LEDs already have some pixels not working on the east and north sides. I would say it is a single dead pixel on the E side, and a line of about ~3 pixels on the N side.

3. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Well the crap does fail. I mean how many LED bulbs have you bought for your home that didn't last as long as the box promised? It just doesn't take a massive undertaking to fix your lights. Yeah, it's frustrating, but i would almost expect some to go out at first while they work things out. The test will be if they let it crap out and stay crapped out like others have.

When the thing is running full on, it's pretty dang cool. Seeing the motion gradients is pretty amazing.

Time to burn it down, amirite?

Strange to me how fast LED lights go out on buildings like this. I guess they're not as robust as consumer LED lights advertised to last for 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Strange to me how fast LED lights go out on buildings like this. I guess they're not as robust as consumer LED lights advertised to last for 20 years.
    From my experience, consumer LED lights don't even last as long as the old incandescent lights. Such a fraud. Someone in government got rich and america got played

7. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

It is generally the controller or driver that failed on them. Happens sometimes. Could also be how they are ventilated if installed correctly.

LEDs in my home have last a very long time. But I also buy the higher end ones with better controllers. The cheap ones are cheap. No incentive to make them last long so you will buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    It is generally the controller or driver that failed on them. Happens sometimes. Could also be how they are ventilated if installed correctly.

LEDs in my home have last a very long time. But I also buy the higher end ones with better controllers. The cheap ones are cheap. No incentive to make them last long so you will buy more.
    same, LED in my home have really lasted. the LED in the recessed cans of my kitchen have not been replaced in 10 years. my entire home is LED lights these days and I don't recall the last bulb I have replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    From my experience, consumer LED lights don't even last as long as the old incandescent lights. Such a fraud. Someone in government got rich and america got played
    My experience has been exactly the opposite, for what it's worth. For me, the cheapest of the cheap consumer LED lights never live up to their ratings... They are built poorly with low quality components. But if you're willing to pay just a little more for quality bulbs, they'll last significantly longer. The dimmable LED lamps in my ceiling fan, made by Cree, are nearly 10 years old now. The 25w equivalent filament LED lamp in the fixture over the sink has been going for 5-6 years now (and it's almost never turned off). The G25-style LED globes in both bathrooms are about the same age as well.

^^^^Same

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    same, LED in my home have really lasted. the LED in the recessed cans of my kitchen have not been replaced in 10 years. my entire home is LED lights these days and I don't recall the last bulb I have replaced.
    What brands do you buy? I buy the ones from Home Depot that claim to last for 10 years or something like that. I have lived in my home for 7 years. I have replaced more LED can lights than non LED.
    If there really is a step up in performance I will pay the money for a better brand but it is hard to trust anything from the LED world when they all advertise for long life and aren't held to it

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    ^^^^Same
    I bought some Home Depot eco smart brand led bulbs for all my can lights when I moved into my house. They are going strong after 8 years and never had one stop working.

13. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

What brands do you buy? I buy the ones from Home Depot that claim to last for 10 years or something like that. I have lived in my home for 7 years. I have replaced more LED can lights than non LED.
    If there really is a step up in performance I will pay the money for a better brand but it is hard to trust anything from the LED world when they all advertise for long life and aren't held to it
    Philips or Cree in my house.

Also take notes on which bulbs burn out faster. It could be a voltage problem in that one particular socket or poor ventilation.

It could be a voltage problem in that one particular socket or poor ventilation.
    this has been my experience. voltage problems. mostly due to older extension cords, etc, that had been used for a long time. i about 4 years ago upgraded a bunch of my older extension cords to brand new quality power strips, and have noticed less flicker and longer life from my LED's. still have one outlet that seems to go through them pretty quickly. so i think it's a problem with the outlet itself, or the wiring to that outlet.

I just buy the cheap Great Value LED bulbs and I've never had one go out or flicker. Some are over 5 years old now.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    I just buy the cheap Great Value LED bulbs and I've never had one go out or flicker. Some are over 5 years old now.
    same for me now that i have gotten rid of older cables, etc that were in my house.

The lighting system on this building was designed to be easily repairable, Parts do take time to arrive, but i wouldnt expect sections to stay dead for long unless the whole system is just a dud. I also believe even if its a dud, it would be far less of an undertaking to replace compared to Devon's building.

I've had good luck with Cree, Phillips, GE, and TCP LED lamps. Home Depot's EcoSmart brand is hit or miss for me, as is Walmart's Great Value brand.

Just FYI, it is important to read the packaging, not just the front "10yr" label. Most manufacturers have centered around a "day" being three hours of use, so a "10-year" bulb will last 1.25 years equivalent if it is on constantly (less some more days due to constant use of the electronics and additional heat damage).

I have had the cheap $0.50 LED bulbs from Dollar Store in some less-used bedrooms for almost 4 years now. The more expensive bulbs, I put in the more used fixtures.

One thing to take note of for LED bulbs is that if they are intended to be used in an enclosed fixture, you need to buy a bulb that's labelled for that use, you can't just use a normal LED bulb (due to the heat buildup in an enclosed fixture).

Tower had a "GO THUNDER" animation last night.

That's so awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Tower had a "GO THUNDER" animation last night.
    Yes, that animation was really nice, looked good!

Yeah, it looked great! It's kind of weird if you're on the side with "BancFirst" because you're reading "Go Thunder" behind it, but it still looked good.

They have a candy cane type of lighting for the holidays:

Thread Information