Widgets Magazine
Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: BancFirst Tower

Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Quote Originally Posted by chuckchuck View Post
    Beginning this weekend 10/19, any and all entrances via the concourse into the Banks tower will be shut down. I think you can still get concourse access to the Santa Fe garage but walking past that old teller area on your way to continental will now be cut off.
    Correct. Concourse level from
    Parking garage towards CLR and cox center still will be accessible but will be cut off from remainder of underground for remainder of project. The hall way to the parking garage can be expected to close for short times when work occurs in that specific area.

Also all exterior exits on the ground level will closed for construction and entire plaza fenced off with the exception of the south doors. And the entire lobby will be closed with exception of the area around south entrance and elevator lobby area.

Work has started:

Gotta give this construction project credit for not closing off the sidewalk on Main and Broadway.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Gotta give this construction project credit for not closing off the sidewalk on Main and Broadway.
    Nice change from typical projects around town.

Also they have hit the ground running. They have begun removing the covering on the exterior columns.

As someone who appreciates good wayfinding signage I must say they did a great job with directional signs. The signs they posted are helpful and professional.

6. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Someone pass to the Rick Dowell "blocking sidewalk for years, parking signs on torn up land, etc."
    Kudos to this project for their professionalism

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbyTRANSFER View Post
    Someone pass to the Rick Dowell "blocking sidewalk for years, parking signs on torn up land, etc."
    Kudos to this project for their professionalism
    Just looked out the window and they now have half of the northbound broadway lane closed off and there is now no sidewalks on that block to access due to this construction on east side and Fnc on west side

Basically now you cannot get from Main Street to park by foot without walking in the street or going around a different block now.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Just looked out the window and they now have half of the northbound broadway lane closed off and there is now no sidewalks on that block to access due to this construction on east side and Fnc on west side

Basically now you cannot get from Main Street to park by foot without walking in the street or going around a different block now.
    Wonder what would happen if you reported that to the Action Center?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Wonder what would happen if you reported that to the Action Center?
    Submitted it just to see....

Request c19-67480

They closed it saying action taken “resolved”.

Basically the city doesn’t care about the pedestrians. I saw a handicap man having to walk down the street to go thru here
    They could at least put up signs directing to go around. I don’t think there is even sidewalk closed signs. I give up on the action center. I never have good look when I submit things. They just close the issues when it’s not resolved.

Have a huge dip that had developed on south Gaylord at the main intersection that I have submitted several times and they say it’s resolved but nothing has changed and is still very rough on cars going thru the intersection.
    There actually was just a news article about the action center just closing requests when issues aren’t resolved..so something is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Submitted it just to see....

Request c19-67480

They closed it saying action taken “resolved”.

Basically the city doesn’t care about the pedestrians. I saw a handicap man having to walk down the street to go thru here
    They could at least put up signs directing to go around. I don’t think there is even sidewalk closed signs. I give up on the action center. I never have good look when I submit things. They just close the issues when it’s not resolved.

Have a huge dip that had developed on south Gaylord at the main intersection that I have submitted several times and they say it’s resolved but nothing has changed and is still very rough on cars going thru the intersection.
    There actually was just a news article about the action center just closing requests when issues aren’t resolved..so something is happening.
    Yeah, the action center isn't great, they've always been fine with potholes, but that's about all I think they're good for, thanks for following through, though! Since it's in Ward 2, next step would be to email or call JoBeth Hamon or your own ward's council member and have them pass it off to Hamon. When I email Cooper (my council member), his assistant usually takes care of things pretty quickly. And Hamon is way more interested and concerned about pedestrians than her predecessor or the action center or pretty much anybody else in the city government except maybe Cooper.

Blog Entries

Ward 6, but yes, JoBeth

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Ward 6, but yes, JoBeth
    Duh, thanks, was thinking of my ward.

Wow! Just walked down this street and this is maybe the worst planning I’ve ever seen. Big groups of people are just walking in the street with cars behind them because there’s literally no access north/south. How do people keep their job’s with such negligence?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Wow! Just walked down this street and this is maybe the worst planning I’ve ever seen. Big groups of people are just walking in the street with cars behind them because there’s literally no access north/south. How do people keep their job’s with such negligence?
    Because the negligence, ignorance of best practices, and don't-give-a-sh*t-ness about pedestrians goes all the way up the ladder...

Apparently I should not have posted this.

Apparently I should not have posted this.
    I had to pick the wife up at the Tulsa airport last night at 11. Leaving OKC I again noted how our downtown looked sad. Minimal buildings lighted at best. Tulsa as always looked superb with all major building nicely lighted and the entire downtown looking like life existed there, at least from the highway. I will be glad when the BancFirst tower and the First National building have some lights. I just hope it doesn't take forever to happen.

Im confused. Are you equating the lighting of buildings to the overall liveliness of a city?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    Im confused. Are you equating the lighting of buildings to the overall liveliness of a city?
    To his point it definitely has an impact. What do people think driving by a dark city versus a lit up city? BOK did some cool lighting with their crown last night and Bancfirst and First National will drastically change the lighting of downtown. If only Devon would go back to the solid lights. you could see it all the way from Norman

It’s funny how many people here like this project and yet complain about cookie cutter suburban development. I guess cookie cutter urban development is okay.

Lingo Construction has tons of construction safety signs around the site, but its actually more dangerous being a pedestrian directly outside the site.

Blog Entries

Somebody file an ADA complaint already, this is nuts. I've walked it, and ridden my bike through it. I don't see how this construction needs so much more room than the first national construction has thus far in spots.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Somebody file an ADA complaint already, this is nuts. I've walked it, and ridden my bike through it. I don't see how this construction needs so much more room than the first national construction has thus far in spots.
    The situation is made far worse by the fact that there is no other easy way to walk north/south as First National is more or less a super block.

The closest way is to walk the way over to EK Gaylord and then walk past another super block.

Hard to believe they did this.

In that first picture, just picture 10 people walking in the right lane with a car behind them. That's what I saw both times I passed the street. Insanity.

I think DowntownMan's ticket above only got them to put out 'Sidewalk Closed' signs surrounding the construction. Because they were not there last week, but have showed up over the weekend. These same signs to indicate with arrows pointing pedestrians to use the east side of the construction site to pass north/south (through the Santa Fe Garage overhang directly adjacent to the BancFirst Tower Plaza.

Thread Information