Widgets Magazine
Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 105556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1790

Thread: BancFirst Tower

Default Re: BancFirst Tower

It looks like the rope and bucket system is removed from the west side. So perhaps that side is basically 100% completion, looks like maybe some corner trim near the top is pending on the N and S crown.

Has it been said how much of the tower is BancFirst occupying?

Any updates? Seems like the project has not slowed, but stopped, no significant progress in months, what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Any updates? Seems like the project has not slowed, but stopped, no significant progress in months, what's going on?
    They have been working when the wind isn't blowing 20 MPH, which has been most of the spring.

They have almost finished with the west facade and about 2/3rds the way up on the south.

After that, they have to finish the crown on 3 sides.

6. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

The old girl is looking good in her new dress!

Liking the new glass color.

Looks like they finished the west facade.

Still lacking the top 9 floors of the south facade.

Then, the only work remaining will be the crown on 3 sides + signage on the south and north sides.

9. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Working from home this week while they do my southside windows on the 28th floor. Rain needs to stop so I can get back in my office.

From today (Thursday):

Not BancFirst related, but I sure wish they could clean up the viaduct, looks like it is derelict

Good deal, looks like they have substantial progress.

As of this morning, they have finished all of the windows on the south facade except the top two floors, which is the Petroleum Club.

Other than that, they are done apart from the crown on 3 sides.

Almost finished with all the glass on the south facade.

They've started on the crown on the west side.

Coming down the home stretch. I'm sure they're anxious to finish up and remove all the plywood tunnels from around the base of the building.

Only thing that remains is the crown on 3 sides, then Bob's your uncle.

You can see the brackets on the west facade in the second photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Only thing that remains is the crown on 3 sides, then Bob's your uncle.

You can see the brackets on the west facade in the second photo.
    So silly question - on that very top level where the crown will go, the old windows are still in place. Once the crown is placed over the facade of the building, will the existing windows be removed or replaced? Or will they remain under the crown? I'm not at all familiar with how these types of glass curtain walls work.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    So silly question - on that very top level where the crown will go, the old windows are still in place. Once the crown is placed over the facade of the building, will the existing windows be removed or replaced? Or will they remain under the crown? I'm not at all familiar with how these types of glass curtain walls work.
    We talked about this and the answer is unclear.

The crown actually sticks out maybe a foot from the glass windows. This is necessary because it covers up some old architectural elements that are not glass. In other words, it has to go over the top of the existing glass layer, and that's why brackets are installed, to hold it in place. On the other levels, the glass is merely replaced and is flush with the building.

So certainly, there are two layers of glass at the very top level. It's not clear if they replace the old glass behind the crown. I don't think they do, because I've watched every single day of this project and know with certainty that the crown is installed over the old glass. It's possible the old glass is then removed and replaced, but I don't think so. If they could do that they wouldn't need men on those outside platforms, which are clearly necessary for replacing the glass on every other level.

To replace glass, they have teams working both inside and outside. But if the crown goes over the old glass, there is no way to gain access from the outside.

So, my conclusion is they leave the old glass in place at the very top. Oddly, the main use on that floor is storage so they probably aren't worried about aesthetics from the inside.

that very top floor has been half storage and half an apt for a long time .. i think it is currently all storage ..

Crews have been out there working right up against that reflective glass throughout this ridiculous heatwave.

And they are often out there well into the afternoon.

I would normally ask for photos, but I've been hearing it's up to 115-117 out there. Please be careful when you're out and about, I know you don't need me to tell you that, but I just don't want anything bad happening to you. Appreciate you, and stay safe.

There isn't a lot to see.

They are working on the west crown, then will turn to the north and south crowns which will contain BancFirst signage.

Then that's it... They can finally take down all the plywood protection at ground level and call this project finished.

Wasn't there set to be an LED crown at the top level or is that a cancelled item?

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    Wasn't there set to be an LED crown at the top level or is that a cancelled item?
    LED mullions (the vertical bars) throughout the crown.

Really? I didn't expect that to be the play, but here we are. Very ingenuitive, and relatively sneaky. Kudos.

I can't help but wonder if years from now, the building will undergo another renovation and the public will wonder why anyone would cover up such "beautiful" architecture with a façade

Thread Information