Widgets Magazine
Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: BancFirst Tower

Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Devon has always owned it
    Devon doesn’t own it.

They very quietly sold it to a group and named the group Devon tower LLC or something like that. It’s a somewhat open secret that I’ve heard from at least 10 Devon employees, some of whom have EVP in their title.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Devon doesn’t own it.

They very quietly sold it to a group and named the group Devon tower LLC or something like that. It’s a somewhat open secret that I’ve heard from at least 10 Devon employees, some of whom have EVP in their title.
    Yes

Devon doesn’t own it.

devon owns their tower and the new Bok building this is a fact

4. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Wasn't there a post in here earlier from Pete that said the last time it changed hands was in 2009? Did it get removed?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Wasn't there a post in here earlier from Pete that said the last time it changed hands was in 2009? Did it get removed?
    Yes, I deleted it because it was about Devon Tower and I think people are getting confused about Devon Tower, BOK Park Plaza. And after all, this thread is regarding BancFirst Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    devon owns their tower and the new Bok building this is a fact
    It’s not, but ok.

Devon doesn’t own it.

According to the county assessor, the tower was owned by Devon Headquarters LLC since 10 Nov 2010.

https://ariisp1.oklahomacounty.org/A...PERTYID=159809

It's not really a big surprise to see big assets like the Devon tower owned by a separate LLC. Makes me wonder how BancFirst's ownership of this tower is arranged, same with Sandridge and theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    According to the county assessor, the tower was owned by Devon Headquarters LLC since 10 Nov 2010.

https://ariisp1.oklahomacounty.org/A...PERTYID=159809
    That doesn't mean that Devon Headquarters LLC is owned by Devon.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    It's not really a big surprise to see big assets like the Devon tower owned by a separate LLC. Makes me wonder how BancFirst's ownership of this tower is arranged, same with Sandridge and theirs.
    Even small assets should be owned by separate LLCs. My law firm doesn't own the building it is in. It is owned by a separate holding company for liability and tax purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I didn’t say Devon owned it. I was stating the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Even small assets should be owned by separate LLCs. My law firm doesn't own the building it is in. It is owned by a separate holding company for liability and tax purposes.
    Yeah, I was thinking it was something like that but did not remember the exact details.

13. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Having an LLC separates the business from the building. You're kidding yourself if you dont think Devon doesn't still own the place through the paper trail. What it does do is allows the business to be free of any liability (hence limited liability corp). So for example, if the window cleaners sued over the malfunction, they'll actually sue the LLC and not Devon Energy. The LLC can look bad and absorb any financial issues or whatever you can think of, without it affecting the Devon Energy name. It's pretty standard practice for any company....but really Devon still owns it. It's just a name on paper for a company that is 100% funded by Devon Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    look at where the llc is headquartered or who is on all of their documents ..

answer at the devon HQ and devon employees

Back to the Banfirst tower, when is the main tower glass going to start? Will this require a tower crane?

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Back to the Banfirst tower, when is the main tower glass going to start? Will this require a tower crane?
    I believe they will work from both the inside and outside.

Not exactly sure how they are going to do it but they seem to be pretty aggressive in their progress, so the glass change should be starting soon and then we'll see how they plan to execute it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe they will work from both the inside and outside.

Not exactly sure how they are going to do it but they seem to be pretty aggressive in their progress, so the glass change should be starting soon and then we'll see how they plan to execute it.
    I’ve heard through a source that their glass has been majorly delayed as it was coming from a factory in China that was completely shut down due to Corona. Hearing this is putting a major delay on the project timeline

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I’ve heard through a source that their glass has been majorly delayed as it was coming from a factory in China that was completely shut down due to Corona. Hearing this is putting a major delay on the project timeline
    Oh, bummer.

You have to believe the situation in China and elsewhere is going to affect a bunch of construction projects.

IDK, you would think Lingo Construction would already have the glass by now and stored somewhere. Or another option, surely Lingo as an American supplier for glass.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    IDK, you would think Lingo Construction would already have the glass by now and stored somewhere. Or another option, surely Lingo as an American supplier for glass.
    I’m sure they do but by the time they could get another supplier ready to go for I’m sure this is a custom project, China will be back up and running so you’re talking a delay either way.

An American Supplier wouldn't be able to deliver on short notice either. Plus, it would cost more and a good amount of glass may already done but still sitting in Chinese warehouse waiting on the full batch to be completed before loading onto a cargo ship.

Things seem to be stabilizing in China so hopefully any delay won't be an extended one.

Not to dwell on the Devon name of the building, etc, but according to the Oklahoma County Clerk, Devon World Headquarters LLC owned the building. Klaholt P Kimker signed as President of Devon Realty Advisors, LLC. He was the VP of Admin at Devon. So, yes, they are related...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Not to dwell on the Devon name of the building, etc, but according to the Oklahoma County Clerk, Devon World Headquarters LLC owned the building. Klaholt P Kimker signed as President of Devon Realty Advisors, LLC. He was the VP of Admin at Devon. So, yes, they are related...
    Are we talking about the Devon Tower or the BancFirst Tower? I'm pretty sure this is a BancFirst thread and the owner of THAT tower is SHERIDAN REDEVELOPERS LLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Are we talking about the Devon Tower or the BancFirst Tower? I'm pretty sure this is a BancFirst thread and the owner of THAT tower is SHERIDAN REDEVELOPERS LLC.
    No, Sheridan Redevelopers LLC is BOK Park Plaza.

We really need to get back to discuss BancFirst. There are threads for those other projects.

Thread Information