Widgets Magazine
Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: BancFirst Tower

Default Re: BancFirst Tower

"NOT A PEDESTRIAN PATHWAY"

Oh, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    In the first photo, on the left you can see they've started to remove the extra columns:

Moving this forward because due to pagination.

How do you get away with removing columns like they, are they just decorative and not load bearing?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    How do you get away with removing columns like they, are they just decorative and not load bearing?
    Yes, non load bearing.

Never played Jenga?

The pedestal is having some columns removed, but not the building itself.

If you look to the 2nd floor you can see only the remaining columns go all the way up. The ones being remove stopped at the first floor

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    The pedestal is having some columns removed, but not the building itself.
    Yes, but there still needs to be some engineered structure to support the pedestal roof. I'm willing to believe that that structure is not the columns, but it has to be something.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    If you look to the 2nd floor you can see only the remaining columns go all the way up. The ones being remove stopped at the first floor
    The ones being removed all stopped at the same point as the ones that remain since they are on the perimeter of the pedestal roof and not the building core. You may be looking at the second picture that Pete posted and thinking they are the same because they line up with the ones up above, but that is a trick of perspective.

Yes, but there still needs to be some engineered structure to support the pedestal roof. I'm willing to believe that that structure is not the columns, but it has to be something.

The ones being removed all stopped at the same point as the ones that remain since they are on the perimeter of the pedestal roof and not the building core. You may be looking at the second picture that Pete posted and thinking they are the same because they line up with the ones up above, but that is a trick of perspective.
    I have a birds eye view of this project on a daily basis. The columns do like up with what goes up the rest of the building except for the north side of the building where the lobby extends out. On the remaining three sides of the building the columns being left do go up The side of the building and line up with these columns

I have a birds eye view of this project on a daily basis. The columns do like up with what goes up the rest of the building except for the north side of the building where the lobby extends out. On the remaining three sides of the building the columns being left do go up The side of the building and line up with these columns
    Oh, I see what you mean, I was a little too focused on the north lobby columns. You do appear to be correct about the other sides of the building.

There must have been some environmental concern with the top of the pillars as they have been taking those down in a protected way with sealed off plastic as you can see in the pictures and have several white trailers they are putting the debris into.

12. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

There must have been some environmental concern with the top of the pillars as they have been taking those down in a protected way with sealed off plastic as you can see in the pictures and have several white trailers they are putting the debris into.
    There is quite a bit of asbestos removal going on in the underground below the building, not sure if that is related at all.

Making good progress and demonstrates how the lobby will be much more open.

just drove by and saw they added renders on the fencing. The renders show the landscaping they will be doing and it looks great! I’m really excited for this honestly! Sorry i couldn’t get any pics

Put me in the camp that loves the fact we’re rehabbing and leasing an older tower versus just building new ones we don’t need.

20. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

It's like looking at someone that the top half is dressed, but the bottom half is still in their underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    It's like looking at someone that the top half is dressed, but the bottom half is still in their underwear.
    shirt without pants we call.. donald duckin it!

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    In a few months, it will have a very nice pair of pants and a shirt that doesn't match.

There is now some extra barriers places along south wall where people were walking anyway.

They have also put down gravel in the median between Sheridan and Park.

Even though there is a sign there that says "Not a pedestrian walkway", loads of people were walking in the street on Broadway so I guess they thought they might as well make it easier for people to jump up on the median.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have also put down gravel in the median between Sheridan and Park.

Even though there is a sign there that says "Not a pedestrian walkway", loads of people were walking in the street on Broadway so I guess they thought they might as well make it easier for people to jump up on the median.
    The gravel went down the same time those signs went up

The north side has caution tape up trying to stop people but everyone just goes around the tape

I’m sure this is just an ADA thing where if they called it an actual sidewalk or pedestrian pathway they would have to make accommodations so they don’t want to do that.

Thread Information