Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 75253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1795

Thread: BancFirst Tower

Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Huge upgrade from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    That bucket makes me nervous.
    I thought it was a bucket too but I think it's a trash can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Quote for the new page.

This along with the FNC is going to look great. Do you know when both of them are expected to be completed? Will this crown top out a little bit taller than the current 500 feet? As for the FNC, I am so excited about that as well and look forward to some awesome lighting. My only complaint with the FNC is that it is just a little too short to stand out except for certain angles. I truly wish they could have added even a little bit to the top with a new spire that is wider and taller than the current one. That would stand out and then some, but this is still going to be a great project. It could have been a game changer for our skyline however with a bit more height to make it more visible. I wonder how they will light up the BancFirst Tower and if Devon will ever up their game like we all had hoped it would be. There is no reason the Devon should not be doing what the Bank Of America in Dallas does.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    This along with the FNC is going to look great. Do you know when both of them are expected to be completed? Will this crown top out a little bit taller than the current 500 feet? As for the FNC, I am so excited about that as well and look forward to some awesome lighting. My only complaint with the FNC is that it is just a little too short to stand out except for certain angles. I truly wish they could have added even a little bit to the top with a new spire that is wider and taller than the current one. That would stand out and then some, but this is still going to be a great project. It could have been a game changer for our skyline however with a bit more height to make it more visible. I wonder how they will light up the BancFirst Tower and if Devon will ever up their game like we all had hoped it would be. There is no reason the Devon should not be doing what the Bank Of America in Dallas does.
    Good post. We'll see how BancFirst Tower, First National Center and Strata Tower (former Sandridge & Kerr-McGee Tower) are affected. Hope it will force Devon Energy to up their lighting scheme.

Want to say that I have seen Strata Tower glow lighted on several occasions coming from I-35 to I 235; it really made an impact on the skyline.

6. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

There is no such thing as "forcing" someone to "up their lighting game". If anything, the elaborate spending in the energy sector will decrease. While their profits are just fine, shareholders are putting pressure on these firms to back off on that extra spend in the "full" times to help pad the pockets for the cyclical lean times. And as the world starts moving more and more to renewables, they're going to need it to help re-invent themselves in the long term.

Devon stands out regardless of what lighting is put on it. How could it not. So I think it's safe to say that they have made their statement and don't need to produce a light show to help make a name for themselves.

Hearing the crown may be more than just a name. Has LED capabilities can do video.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    There is no such thing as "forcing" someone to "up their lighting game". If anything, the elaborate spending in the energy sector will decrease. While their profits are just fine, shareholders are putting pressure on these firms to back off on that extra spend in the "full" times to help pad the pockets for the cyclical lean times. And as the world starts moving more and more to renewables, they're going to need it to help re-invent themselves in the long term.

Devon stands out regardless of what lighting is put on it. How could it not. So I think it's safe to say that they have made their statement and don't need to produce a light show to help make a name for themselves.
    Agree on the use of the word 'force', Devon fixed the window debacle and brought in another company (WPX - Tulsa) that could have left the state for Dallas or Houston.

Many posters on this forum think OKC's Skyline has tremendous potential, face it, our skyline at night sometimes look dark and dismal. If more towers mirror what we see upon entering our neighbors DFW would dictate who we are as a city, it's our best image much like the impressive Skydance Bridge over I-40.

I'm guessing that the mullions (every other one) at the top will be have led lighting. I'm excited to see that. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	17237

Regarding skyline lighting, all these things are in progress:

1. The BancFirst crown with new LED lighting
    2. First National with new LED lighting
    3. Arvest Tower just added red LED lighting
    4. The OG&E building will add a color-shifting LED lighting strip as part of its remodel
    5. Regency Tower has also submitted plans for a new LED lighting strip around the top

Nothing makes a skyline light up more than lights in the offices at night. This shows that the city is vibrant, busy, & "on". You all can keep you LED lighting.

Whats the point of having LED lighting lit up, when the offices are dark...lol

Blog Entries

I'll believe the Regency bit when I see it. New management is VERY slow...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I'll believe the Regency bit when I see it. New management is VERY slow...
    Yeah, they filed those plans months ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Regarding skyline lighting, all these things are in progress:

1. The BancFirst crown with new LED lighting
    2. First National with new LED lighting
    3. Arvest Tower just added red LED lighting
    4. The OG&E building will add a color-shifting LED lighting strip as part of its remodel
    5. Regency Tower has also submitted plans for a new LED lighting strip around the top

So we can check off 3. Arvest Bank on that list...

Thanks Pete for the updates. Can't wait to see how this impacts our skyline.

Arvest Tower’s LED also changes color to green

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    Arvest Tower’s LED also changes color to green
    I noticed that tonight!

Was shifting between red and green... I suspect it can do other colors as well, like the strip atop Oklahoma Tower.

Great shot of old and new! Such a drastic difference!

19. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

So why does the crown sit a foot further away from the building than the rest of the curtain? Is it just space for signage wiring or something? Since it's just covering up the old rather than ripping it out, was it just necessary as part of anchoring?

So why does the crown sit a foot further away from the building than the rest of the curtain? Is it just space for signage wiring or something? Since it's just covering up the old rather than ripping it out, was it just necessary as part of anchoring?
    If I can make an assumption, it's probably to give more space for wiring for the LED crown as well as the signage. Remember, the crown also has the bank logo on it in the renders.

Blog Entries

It doesn't look like it does very much if any on either on the rendering or the photo. There are what looks to be temporary tools/ledge to mount the glass under the bottom of the panes that separate it visually, but if you look at the edge, the glass itself doesn't seem to protrude away from the building.

If anything, it has to be mounted on top of the solid pieces on top instead of in the window frames as in the rest of the building. It doesn't appear as if they are removing anything. There may be a few inches different from the glass surface level and the solid building elements on the top that the glass must go over.

How is the southside window installation coming?

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    How is the southside window installation coming?
    They have completed a few floors with new glass and all the mullions.

Blog Entries

Answers the question on did the crown add height to BancFirst Tower, it may have added an inch.

Thread Information