Widgets Magazine
Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 44950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1795

Thread: BancFirst Tower

Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Post 13 17 Pete said LED on top, presuming he meant letters, but I guess it could be something else
    I believe the entire crown will have LED lighting.

There will be LEDs @ the major mullions. I assume the logos will be lit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    There will be LEDs @ the major mullions. I assume the logos will be lit as well.
    I know you meant the mullions in the crown, but I wanted to clarify that.

And yes, that is what was approved by design review.

The first photo of the west side, the second of the east.

Once they got going, they've been moving fast.

I'd bet they have those two sides skinned no later than September. Weather should cooperate.

They are also keeping a crew working until dark every day. You can see them up there with headlamps and flashlights as the sun is setting. Gotta take advantage of non-windy days in OKC.

At this rate the full reskin should be done by the end of the year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    They are also keeping a crew working until dark every day. You can see them up there with headlamps and flashlights as the sun is setting. Gotta take advantage of non-windy days in OKC.
    Right. And the more you do something the better you get. Their speed is much improved.

Blog Entries

Talking Re: BancFirst Tower

One of the renovation projections that will impact our skyline once its fully crowned.

Pete showed the latest version of the BancFirst Crown:

BancFirst's $70 million renovation.

We'll get to see the full impact this will have (especially at night) on our skyline.

10. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Looks like the crown will add 10-15 feet to the building height, 510-515, starting at Floor 36 extending above the roof a bit. Hopefully bumps it to up in the state skyscraper ranking maybe to #5.

Definitely looking forward to the crown *but I admit to loving the aviation beacons lit up and hope that continues integrated in the crown (like BOK and Devon's do).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Looks like the crown will add 10-15 feet to the building height, 510-515, starting at Floor 36 extending above the roof a bit. Hopefully bumps it to up in the state skyscraper ranking maybe to #5.

Definitely looking forward to the crown *but I admit to loving the aviation beacons lit up and hope that continues integrated in the crown (like BOK and Devon's do).
    As you can see in this post.

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...46#post1173846

The glass is going up only so far and the new “crown” is above it. It shouldn’t really add any height at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post

According to the drawing below, doesn't look like there will be additional height because the tower is 500 ft at the roof of the penthouse. The new cladding appears to go up to the current parapet, which is below the penthouse roof.

13. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

then you're thinking the "crown" would cover the 35th and 36th floors?

1) why have a crown then if it's not a real crown (you know, covering the penthouse making a seamless facade)? Also, I thought the top of the penthouse was like 520 feet, the roof parapet being 500. ...

2) wouldn't this make the Petroleum Club less desirable? The crown would take out views from 2 of the 3 club floors. Taking out just the 36th floor would be ok since it's a "private" meeting room floor anyway. But isn't the ballroom on the 35th floor, in addition to other large rooms?

It's been a while since Ive been in there but I can't imagine a crown blocking the view would be something to add to the club experience. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Penthouses are included in building heights. Roof of the penthouse is 500', main roof of the tower is about 490', parapet is about 495' (according to Google Earth, which is very accurate pertaining to building heights).

The crown is labeled as 1" insulating glazing: Solarban 67 low-e coating on Optiblue, which is glass. Don't think any views are being taken out.

From this morning; being able to see two sides of blue glass provides a glimpse into the finished project:

So nice!

As of today that East side is just about to the top. Some of the news channels show it in their weather intros.

First photo is of the west side; 2nd is the south plaza; 3rd is of the east side:

Very elegant street level. Looks great. I will admit I was wrong on this one from the beginning, perhaps the renderings were just not doing a good job of rendering the glass (Typical). I still don't like to see the International Architectural style go away, I think that is a mistake that will be regretted down the road. But this is turning out to be a great renewal overall. Some things just aren't saved, and I guess that is okay.

The glass has a much deeper blue than I thought it would, also. It really makes this building feel more massive.

Thanks for all of the photo updates, as always.

Catch, I couldn’t agree more. I was extremely critical as well but the end product looks like it will have hints of international style which I really like and it won’t just be a glass box after all. I really am liking this project a lot now.

So I have always wondered why there are no windows or partial windows on those 3 floors on the east side? Its been like that for a while.

I know before the windows were put over them, they were boarded up. Maybe something on the inside on those floors that they have to repair?

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    So I have always wondered why there are no windows or partial windows on those 3 floors on the east side? Its been like that for a while.

I know before the windows were put over them, they were boarded up. Maybe something on the inside on those floors that they have to repair?
    They are vents of some sort, necessary for building operations.

Yea that is a bummer about the vents on that east side. The new skin makes it really stand out.

Well, I noticed before they installed the new windows, that section was boarded up. So maybe those vents are no longer needed with the renovation and new glass.

They are starting next week on scaffolding work on south side to prepare to start those windows

Thread Information